- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Delhi govt to recommend CBI probe into student's death case
- WHO may find Delhi most polluted, but many Indian cities worse
- Japan PM Abe calls NKorean launch 'absolutely intolerable'
- Suggest names for panel on free books, uniform to EWS kids: HC
- Govt wants fresh bill to probe complaints against judges
- Taiwan rescuers find signs of life in quake rubble
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Probe against vigilance SP 06 Feb 2016 | VR Jayaraj
- 4 more arrested, 2 cops suspended 06 Feb 2016 | PNS
- JD(U) MLA’s ‘dirty dance’ goes viral 06 Feb 2016 | PNS
- LJP man who contested against Rabri shot dead 06 Feb 2016 | PNS
- Anand Sharma demands resignation of Gujarat CM 06 Feb 2016 | PNS
- No decision on commercial cultivation of GM food yet 06 Feb 2016 | PNS
- EC to take record security measures in Bengal polls 06 Feb 2016 | Saugar Sengupta
- Maharashtra Govt to revoke 1983 resolution 06 Feb 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Sit quiet or leave, Guv tells Opp 06 Feb 2016 | VR Jayaraj
- Khadi to feature in fleet review feat 06 Feb 2016 | PNS
07 Feb 2016 | Rinku Ghosh
Photography legend Steve McCurry may be known for his iconic Afghan girl, but over the course of his long career, he has kept coming back to India, documenting our ever-evolving world. And though he may not have panned conflict-zone drama, he has a soul connect with each photograph of his India series...
07 Feb 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
The UP government has demanded a special financial package for the nature ravaged Bundelkhand region from the Centre. The package has been sought for new irrigation, water management, drinking water projects and construction of roads...
The previous Governor had refused sanction for my prosecution. It was illegal on CBI's part to seek sanctions once again.
I get news about him (injured Formula One legend Michael Schumacher) constantly, and unfortunately it's not good.
When Syrian refugees seek sanctuary, it's the faithful from synagogues, mosques, temples and churches who welcome them.