- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- BJP seeks NIA probe into ‘sedition’ by Amnesty 25 Aug 2016 | Kestur Vasuki
- Didi adds ‘tea’ to ‘water’ to attack Modi 25 Aug 2016 | Saugar Sengupta
- Maha Govt seeks CBI probe into star tiger Jay's disappearance 25 Aug 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Tremor shakes City of Joy and Bengal 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- BJP, cops face off over poor UP law and order 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- States’ apathy makes health mission sick 25 Aug 2016 | Archana Jyoti
- ED summons PC’s wife on fresh evidence 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- SC slams Amma’s Govt for intolerance of criticism 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Harish Rawat-led mafia grabbing religious land at Haridwar: BJP 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- NGT directs States, UTs to fill vacancies in pollution control boards 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
25 Aug 2016 | S K Srivastav | Pantanagar
The agitation of the teachers of the GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology continued on eighth day on Tuesday. The agitated teachers assembled at the agriculture college of the university on the day and engaged in slogan shouting against the university administration...
Making Surya Namaskar compulsory in schools is a way to promote Hindutva as the origin of Surya Namaskar lies in Hindu God Surya.
In an age and time, when everybody wants to impress and dazzle, I seek to touch, move, connect (with the TV show Naamkaran).
It was my dream to win an Olympic medal and I worked really hard for that. Now that I have won it, it seems as if I am living my dream.