Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
- Min, CPM MLA part of land mafia: VS 29 Mar 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Kerala NCP names Thomas Chandy for ministerial berth 29 Mar 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- ‘Demonetisation proved Waterloo for Opp’ 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Jana Sena Party woos skilled youth to join its ranks 29 Mar 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Modi, Yogi most sought-after poll campaigners 29 Mar 2017 | Nayan Dave
- 78-yr-old Dalit woman burned alive on suspicion of witchcraft 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
- BJP ready for Guj Assembly polls anytime, says Rupani 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Prez annuls his own order on HASA 29 Mar 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Govt wants to pass GST Bills by consensus: Jaitley 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
- ‘Migrant labourers suffer worst kind of exploitation’ 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
26 Mar 2017 | Kushan Mitra
The advent of online streaming services that can stream content directly to your television screen is making the argument for cutting the cable connection more and more convincing, believes Kushan Mitra Is it time to cut the cable? In the past year and a half, online television streaming services Hotstar Premium, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have launched their services in India. There is also Voot from Viacom18 and Sony LIV...
STATE EDITIONSView All
29 Mar 2017 | PNS | BRAHMAPUR
In a deeply shocking case, a minor girl has alleged that she was gangraped by her four cousins as her father supported the Congress party during the recent panchayat elections in Patrapur block in Ganjam district. The victim along with her father and brother met district Superintendent of Police Asis Singh on Tuesday and lodged a complaint...