- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Zeliang resigns, new CM likely to be elected today in Nagaland 21 Feb 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Kalindi Express collides with goods train, derails; four suspended 21 Feb 2017 | PTI
- SP-Cong has taken smile off Modi’s face: Rahul 21 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Ride seems rocky for cycle in Ballia 21 Feb 2017 | RAMESH K SINGH
- Amit Shah conspiring against me: Prajapati 21 Feb 2017 | PNS
- ‘Two magicians from Gujarat are trying to hijack democracy’ 21 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Allahabad youth vow to vote for ‘honesty’ 21 Feb 2017 | Hariom Dubey
- Achchhe din to come to UP on March 11: Shah 21 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Left parties fighting Manipur election to regain lost ground 21 Feb 2017 | PTI
- Confident of fourth term in Manipur: Cong 21 Feb 2017 | PTI
19 Feb 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
What will happen to the State politics after the weakening of the AIADMK? There is a positive consolidation of the DMK under the leadership of Stalin, which should be taken into consideration. One can only wait and watch, writes Kumar Chellappan It may not be out of place to write a requiem for a political entity called the AIADMK, which has been admitted to the critical care unit and connected...
21 Feb 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Political rhetoric touched a new low in poll-bound Uttar Pradesh with Samajwadi Party chief and Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav asking mega star Amitabh Bacchan `to stop appearing in the advertisement promoting donkeys of Gujarat’. Yadav was speaking at an election rally at Rae Bareli on Monday...
In the case of both nations, India and Afghanistan, cross-border terrorism is originating from Pakistan which is also patronising it.
I have said goodbye to international cricket. I have played with seriousness and in a professional way for my country.
All of us in America have generally paid for our gas and oil all along. We're not in Iraq to seize anybody's oil or gas.