Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
- Punjab to treat absentee staff as ‘deemed resigned' 24 May 2017 | IANS
- Modi gets ‘amazing' gift made from waste by Bihar woman 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Modi’s Berlin visit: OBOR, terrorism on agenda 24 May 2017 | PNS
- After SC order, no one to represent Arunachal seat 24 May 2017 | PNS
- Sena stages stir, forces closure of toll plaza 24 May 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- One killed in fresh violence in Saharanpur 24 May 2017 | PTI
- ED arrests CA in Rs 8K-cr case; suspect linked to Lalu family 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Controversial godman Chandraswami passes away 24 May 2017 | PTI
- India moves from ‘brain drain’ to ‘brain gain’ 24 May 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- All is not well with TDP-BJP alliance in AP! 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...