- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Raj-Uddhav luncheon meeting sparks buzz 30 Jul 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Kashmir on edge on crucial Friday 30 Jul 2016 | Khursheed Wani
- RaGa tears into political rivals 30 Jul 2016 | PNS
- Dalits demand identity cards for members of skinning communities 30 Jul 2016 | PNS
- Bimal Gurung plans fresh Statehood stir in Darjeeling 30 Jul 2016 | Saugar Sengupta
- Maya abuser Daya arrested from Buxar 30 Jul 2016 | PNS
- Nitish says new prohibition law not draconian 30 Jul 2016 | Faizan Ahmad
- Nine workers killed as slab of building under construction collapses in Pune 30 Jul 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- HAL flies first FOC upgraded Mirage-2000 30 Jul 2016 | Kestur Vasuki
- Surrender, SC tells Rajpal 30 Jul 2016 | PNS
I challenge Bikram S Majithia (Revenue Minister of Punjab) to arrest me in six months as they are in power. Else, I will arrest him after six months.
When you do a film, a role, you create an image and industry wants to use that image and give you similar parts.
I will be a President for the Democrats, the Republicans, and Independents. For the struggling, the striving and the successful... For all Americans.