- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- DAC go-ahead likely for Israeli defence purchase 25 Jun 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt drafts real estate guidelines to safeguard homebuyers’ interest’ 25 Jun 2016 | PNS
- India-Qatar's ties to further strengthen: President 25 Jun 2016 | PTI
- Cong raps Centre as India fails to get NSG berth 25 Jun 2016 | PNS
- BJP prefers to keep mum on Swamy’s rant 25 Jun 2016 | PNS
- Govt shoots down Kejriwal’s OSD deputation request 25 Jun 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- BJP, SP wooing Maurya to get him on board 25 Jun 2016 | PNS
- Rainfall will be delayed as southwest monsoon’s pace trailing by 18% 25 Jun 2016 | PNS
- Govt decides to geo-tag MGNREGA assets in gram panchayats” 25 Jun 2016 | PNS
- Death toll of ultras touches 7 in N Kashmir 25 Jun 2016 | Khursheed Wani
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
26 Jun 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
All the 110 urban local bodies (ULBs) of Odisha have been brought under the AWAS Yojana of the Odisha Urban Housing Mission. A State Level Sanctioning Committee held under the Chairmanship of Chief Secretary Aditya Prasad Padhi on Saturday took a decision on the matter...
We don’t know why India showed its desperation and allowed the country to be equated with Pakistan on the issue of NSG membership.
I am actually dying to get married and have been waiting for the other party to agree. Men have no say... It's the women who decide it all.
Brexit will provide the country better market access to the EU and England, even as there will be some market volatility for now.