Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
- Akhilesh questions Yogi Govt’s feats in 100 days in power 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Visit of NDA Prez pick delays White Paper release 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- JD(S) to support UPA nominee Meira Kumar 26 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Kovind kickstarts campaign from Lucknow 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Pak Army fires mortar shells, targets civilians on eve of Eid 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Ahmedabad Rath Yatra showcases communal harmony 26 Jun 2017 | Nayan Dave
- Attack on George Baker: BJP demands Mamata’s scalp 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Won’t let polls happen in Darj: GJM 26 Jun 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Puducherry tussle: MHA clears air on L-G powers 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Swamy wants status quo for Hindu bodies 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jun 2017 | PNS | Nainital
The Shipra river which flows towards the north, contrary to most rivers, has been degenerated into a sewer with garbage being dumped in the river apart from the sewer. After concerned locals cleaned up the riverbed despite apathy of the local body, the district administration has taken cognisance of the issue and directed action against those polluting this river...