- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- SC asks Centre to find urgent solution 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- RaGa threatens to ‘reveal’ truth behind note ban 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- Sonia meets Speaker, Cong sticks to its guns 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- Parl remains paralysed, Ananth Kumar reminds Opp of President’s appeal 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- SC seeks Govt’s reply on appointment of CBI Director 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- No anthem exemption at Kerala film fest, rules SC 10 Dec 2016 | Abraham Thomas
- Katju wants to clear contempt case in apex court by year-end 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- Too early to discuss BJP-ADMK ties: Venkaiah 10 Dec 2016 | KESTUR VASUKI
- J&K civilian’s assets attached for sheltering LeT terrorists 10 Dec 2016 | Khursheed Wani
- Surat: 4 held with Rs 1 cr in Rs 2K denomination 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
11 Dec 2016 | Kumar Chellappan
Jayalalithaa’s death has left a void difficult to fill — in politics and the State. The situation in Tamil Nadu is fluid and there is no guarantee that the Panneerselvam Government would complete its term despite the reasonable majority the AIADMK enjoys in the Assembly...
11 Dec 2016 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
The Chhattisgarh Renewable Energy Development Agency (CREDA) will be installing a number of ‘solar powered generators’ in various establishments of the State, officials stated on Saturday. The Solar Generator is an AC power supplying unit comprising of PV array, a charge controller cum Inverter and Battery Bank, connected in pre-designed way, such that this system supplies AC power to, prescribed number and type of loads, for prescribed durations...
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.