- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- ‘Today there is no threat of Emergency’ 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Spat between Smriti, Sharad in RS again 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Mulayam for Govt assurance on reservation, Constitution 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- BJD bats for debate on Uniform Civil Code 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- SC relief to Sadanand Gowda over construction 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- HSBC whistleblower Falciani sentenced to 5 years in prison 28 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Maran to appear before CBI on top court order 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- ED summons HP CM in money laundering case 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- There has been substantial rise in cross-border firing: BSF DG 28 Nov 2015 | PNS
- PoK will remain with Pak, says Abdullah 28 Nov 2015 | Mohit Kandhari
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
29 Nov 2015 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | Bhubaneswar
The invincible BJD Government may be facing shudders under its feet with the fire of serial farmer suicides refusing to die down. Added to its discomfiture, has returned the teachers’ ire which only a few months ago had created sleepless nights for the State Government...
Secularism is the most misused word in the country. Because of this, there have been instances of tension in society.
I have done a couple of Hindi films, but I have no plans to shift base anywhere from my State.
All too often, young people are being radicalised in the name of religion to sow discord and fear, and to tear society's fabric.