- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- ‘Terrorism can’t be defeated with double standards’ 27 Oct 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt working to reform film certification process to limit use of scissors, says Rathore 27 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Tharoor expresses concern over leak of panel’s proceedings 27 Oct 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- 2 Delhi traders abducted in Bihar rescued 27 Oct 2016 | PNS
- 90-year-old Kerala man bitten by stray dogs dies 27 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Two missing Pak women traced to Jodhpur 27 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Guj cops detain 31 PAAS workers 27 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Family feud has darkened future of Muslims: Azam 27 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Big question mark on Cong existence in UP, says Rita Joshi 27 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Peace between uncle and nephew impossible? 27 Oct 2016 | PNS
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
27 Oct 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav called on Governor Ram Naik on Wednesday and is believed to have briefed him about the volatile political situation prevailing forthe last 38 days in Uttar Pradesh following his ouster from the post of state president of Samajwadi Party. The meeting lasted for around 30 minutes...
My family and the Samajwadi Party are united. All workers are united. There are some conspirators who do not have any mass base.
Trump suffers from very poor self-esteem. He has no insight, no intuition, no creativity, no capacity to offer hope.
Film-makers of the past were creative people and not businessmen. That is why they could make the kind of cinema they did.