- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- 40 lakh players register for Gujarat Khel Maha Kumbh 29 Sep 2016 | PNS
- ‘Breakthrough’ in Embraer aircraft scam 29 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Uri attackers came from militant training camp in PoK, say sources 29 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Electronic warfare systems worth Rs330 cr for J&K cleared 29 Sep 2016 | PTI
- Govt to give 78-day wages as bonus to railway employees 29 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Cabinet okays ratification of Paris agreement on Gandhi Jayanti 29 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Cong: Can India not have SAARC summit minus Pak? 29 Sep 2016 | PTI
- SC allows second Italian marine to stay in Italy 29 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Central Govt-run hospitals to have khadi products soon 29 Sep 2016 | PNS
- 98% don’t know life-saving technique 29 Sep 2016 | Archana Jyoti
29 Sep 2016 | PNS | Dehradun
Arriving in Dehradun on his three-day visit to the State of Uttarakhand on Tuesday, the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee inaugurated the renovated building of the 'Rashtrapati Ashiana’ here.The President also laid the foundation stone for the innovation technology demonstration project here which entails the proposed construction of 12 dwelling units in the President's bodyguards compound...
We are artistes and will talk about love and peace. But the Government has to take decisions on whom to allow to work here.
Children who grow up in the film industry are more stable. One who comes from outside does one film, and goes mad.
I will always be grateful I was able to call Shimon (Peres) my friend. He was a soldier for Israel, for the Jewish people, for justice, for peace.