- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Indian artists’ database project on hold for now 30 May 2016 | PNS
- Projects in critically polluted areas soon 30 May 2016 | PNS
- Transgenders’ welfare now in charter of work by Ministry of Social Justice 30 May 2016 | PNS
- CIC issues fresh notices to 6 national parties for not responding to RTI queries 30 May 2016 | PNS
- ‘Discourage cultivation, consumption of tobacco’ 30 May 2016 | PNS
- Lalit Modi case: Probe agencies to approach Interpol afresh 30 May 2016 | PNS
- Online quiz way to meet Modi 30 May 2016 | PNS
- grapevine 30 May 2016 | PNS
- Quota stir: Jats protest outside Rajnath’s house 30 May 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Dam row: New Kerala CM draws flak for volte-face 30 May 2016 | VR Jayaraj
30 May 2016 | PNS | Dehradun
At least one person was reportedly swept away in a flash flood while at least three persons were reported missing with hundreds of families being affected following heavy rain in various parts of the State on Saturday. The sudden heavy rain is reported to have caused flash flood and landslides causing damages in Ghansali in Tehri district and in Chinyalisaud Tehsil of Uttarkashi district...
I wish that all the rivers in India be developed like Sabarmati river. Modi has paid true tributes to Gandhiji through this project.
I really believe Mohenjo Daro is going to be one of my best films. I hope and pray the audience also agrees with it.
Salim saab (Salim Khan) and Javed saab (Javed Akhtar), in many ways, are the initiators in recognising the worth of writers.