- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- ‘Goa church will see sense on note ban’ 23 Jan 2017 | Mayabhushan
- CPI blasts CPM over RTI, Kannur murder 23 Jan 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- CEC Zaidi satisfied with Goa's poll preparedness 23 Jan 2017 | Mayabhushan
- Another tiger found dead in Karnataka 23 Jan 2017 | Kestur Vasuki
- two BJP factions still at war as party meet fails to broker peace 23 Jan 2017 | PNS
- NIA likely to probe Pak hand in tragedy 23 Jan 2017 | PNS
- Grapevine 23 Jan 2017 | Pioneer
- EC seizes Rs83cr cash, 7L litres liqour, mostly from UP, Punjab 23 Jan 2017 | PNS
- EC told to ensure political parties don’t use President’s photo 23 Jan 2017 | PNS
- Activists, scientists set to give proposal on Ganga Dolphin centres final shape 23 Jan 2017 | PNS
22 Jan 2017 | Amina Yaqin
In a country where women have been the subject of legislation to prove the state’s Islamic credentials, where tradition jostles with modernity, and the discourse of power prevails over social injustice, romantic melodrama has time and again proven to be a bestseller. It captures the imagination of the nation with its dreams of heroism, aspirational struggles, the fight between good and evil, the dashing hero and the damsel in distress 2011...
23 Jan 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
After days of negotiation and playing hard ball, the Samajwadi Party and Congress forged an alliance for the UP assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh. A formal announcement of the alliance was made here on Sunday...
I don't think I can return home without risks. There will not be a time for that. I'll have to take the risk.
It's paradoxical to see those aiding extinction of native breeds talk about cruelty to animals in the bull-taming sport.
I have taken him (Ambika Chaudhary) in BSP. He will be given full respect, much more than he was getting in the Samajwadi Party.