- 8 killed as portion of TN transport corpn's building collapses
- Make China Great Again! Xi leads China into muscular new era
- Chidambaram takes dig at EC for delaying Gujarat poll announcement
- Modi lashes out at Congress for rejecting 2013 proposal to redevelop Kedarnath
- Study: World pollution deadlier than wars, disasters, hunger
- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
- Punjab Govt approves hike in income limit of OBC 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Opp wants 1 day Kerala Session to table solar scam report 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Gujarat Govt doles out sops ahead of polls 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Taj Mahal is a mausoleum built on Shiva temple: Vinay Katiyar 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Motorcycle used in killing RSS leader recovered: Police 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- PM asks babus to break silos to speed up work 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- 13 arrested for alleged assault on court team 19 Oct 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- 14-yr-old Dalit raped, killed in Shahjahenpur 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- NSCN(K) chairman elected chief of UNLFW 19 Oct 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Heavy rain warning for AP, Telangana 19 Oct 2017 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | Ranchi
There may be glaring gender disparity in the top courts, including Supreme Court and various high courts in the country, but Jharkhand is all set to get gender balance in appointment of judges in subordinate judiciary at the entry level. Of the 46 candidates recommended by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) a few days back to be appointed as Civil Judge (Junior division), earlier known as Munsif Magistrates, 22 are...