- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Agusta hands over contract with middleman Michel to MoD
AgustaWestland has handed over its contract with alleged middleman Christian Michel regarding the VVIP helicopter deal to the Defence Ministry and maintained that it had not committed any wrongdoing.
Responding to a notice by the Defence Ministry last week to explain its links with alleged middlemen and two Indian companies, AgustaWestland in its reply said there was nothing to indicate that Michel, a British national, and other people were hired by the company for committing anything wrong, officials said here on Thursday.
Michel along with Guido Hashcke were allegedly been hired by Italian conglomerate Finmeccanica, the parent company of AgustaWestland, to bag the `3,700 crore contract. The ongoing Italian probe suggests that bribe amounting to `362 crore was paid to get the contract.
The CBI has named Michel in the FIR in the scandal along with former IAF chief SP Tyagi and his three cousins. The Defence Ministry had asked the CBI to probe into the deal on February 18 after the arrest of CEO of Finmeccanica Giuseppe Orsi and AgustaWestland CEO Bruno Spagnolini by Italian investigators.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Voices for Agusta probe get louder in House 05 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- BJP MP attacks RaGa over copter, properties deals 05 May 2016 | PNS
- Shops sold to Rahul at mkt rate, clarifies MGF 05 May 2016 | PNS
- Focus on Kerala rape, Indo-US Defence pact, Punjab farmers et al 05 May 2016 | PNS
- NGRBA approves Rs2,246-cr projects for ghats, crematoria 05 May 2016 | PNS
- Rare celestial crossing on May 9 05 May 2016 | Archana Jyoti
- Suggestion for Uttarakhand floor test under serious consideration: Centre to SC 05 May 2016 | PTI
- Lower House takes up JeM chief, onion prices, drinking water issues 05 May 2016 | PNS
- Doctors' group alleges massive graft in MCI, seeks action 05 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Adhere to new rules on health warning: SC to tobacco firms 05 May 2016 | PTI
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
05 May 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
Around 10,000 Anganwadi Workers under the banner of the Nikhila Odisha Anganwadi Workers’ Association (NOAWA) affiliated to the All India Trade Union Congress (AITUC) on Wednesday took to the streets here demanding fulfilment of their 16-point charter of demands. Vehicular movement at the busy Master Canteen Square came to a halt for hours as the thousands of agitators marched towards the State Assembly shouting slogans in support of their demands...
I never thought I would be in this position (winning Premier League). It's an achievement that might not be achieved again.
Sarbjit is one of Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's best performances. She is a huge star, but very nice and humble.
I am honoured to be the presumptive nominee for the Republican Party. I's time to unite and defeat Hillary Clinton.