AIADMK symbol fight: Dinakaran faction gets adjournment till Oct 30
The fight over the ‘Two Leaves’ symbol between rival factions of the AIADMK continued in the Election Commission on Monday with the TTV Dinakaran faction securing a further adjournment till October 30 (next Monday).
Lawyers arguing for the Dinakaran faction sought permission from the Commission for cross examination of some persons who they contended had given ‘fake’ documents swearing allegiance to the faction headed by O Panneerselvam, Thangatamil Selvan, a disqualified MLA and a supporter of Dinakaran, told reporters outside the Commission.
He said the Commission has adjourned hearing in the case till October 30, a day before the deadline for deciding the symbol case set by the Madurai bench of the Madras High Court expires.
KP Munusamy, a senior leader of the ruling AIADMK faction, said their side has given statements of over 1,000 functionaries including General Council members, MPs and MLAs, supporting the handing of the symbol to the faction headed by O Panneerselvam and Edappadi K Palanisamy.
He said since the rival side did not have such numbers in their support they were frustrated and indulging in attempts to delay the hearing in the case. “We hope a decision would be finalised by the next hearing,” he said.
- Experts bust myths, say Leucoderma not contagious 23 Jun 2018 | Archana Jyoti
- Sumitra expresses displeasure over Parliament disruptions 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Indian envoy visits two US detention facilities where Indian kids held 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Cong calls for probe into dealings of bank 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Interpol red corner notice against Nirav likely soon 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- ED wants fugitive tag for liquor baron Mallya 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Screening panels: Mistry to steer Cong in MP, Selja in Raj 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Italy refuses to extradite middleman Carlo Gerosa 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Assam Rifles seizes party drugs worth Rs 49L in Manipur 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | RANCHI
Taking the vision of ‘New India’ and the challenges ahead among the aspiring business managers, Minister of State for Civil Aviation, Jayant Sinha discussed elaborately on the concept of ‘Farms to Frontiers’ to accelerate the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth rate while addressing the students of new batch of Indian Institute of Management-Ranchi (2018-2020) here on Saturday. Sharing his insights, understanding of business ventures and a few examples from his public...