- Swaraj condoles death of ex-Nepal PM Prachanda's son
- 'Padmavati' makers postpone film's release amid controversy
- Modi govt likely to get corruption tag as UPA II: Chidambaram
- Kovind, Modi pays tribute to Indira Gandhi on birth centenary
- Committed to improve sanitation facilities: Modi
- Leh freezes, Gulmarg coldest in Kashmir Valley
AIADMK symbol fight: Dinakaran faction gets adjournment till Oct 30
The fight over the ‘Two Leaves’ symbol between rival factions of the AIADMK continued in the Election Commission on Monday with the TTV Dinakaran faction securing a further adjournment till October 30 (next Monday).
Lawyers arguing for the Dinakaran faction sought permission from the Commission for cross examination of some persons who they contended had given ‘fake’ documents swearing allegiance to the faction headed by O Panneerselvam, Thangatamil Selvan, a disqualified MLA and a supporter of Dinakaran, told reporters outside the Commission.
He said the Commission has adjourned hearing in the case till October 30, a day before the deadline for deciding the symbol case set by the Madurai bench of the Madras High Court expires.
KP Munusamy, a senior leader of the ruling AIADMK faction, said their side has given statements of over 1,000 functionaries including General Council members, MPs and MLAs, supporting the handing of the symbol to the faction headed by O Panneerselvam and Edappadi K Palanisamy.
He said since the rival side did not have such numbers in their support they were frustrated and indulging in attempts to delay the hearing in the case. “We hope a decision would be finalised by the next hearing,” he said.
- Illegal mining: Ex-Goa CM files anticipatory bail plea 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- BJP is Indira-friendly as she was steeped in religion, says Jairam 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- 8 TN fishermen arrested by Sri Lankan Navy 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Sasikala's brother says Jaya left her without ‚Äėprotection' 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Shripad Naik calls for yoga inclusion in hospitals 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Lucknow Metro gears up to check air pollution 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Pondy CM alleges interference by Guvs 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Karni men protest at Kolkata cinema 20 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Villagers protest ‚Äėland grab‚Äô, clash with cops at Panji Para 20 Nov 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Top functionary of NSCN-K arrested 20 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The report of the Special Task Force (STF) investigating the delay in registering an FIR in the gang rape case that had recently shaken the State Capital, would be out on Monday. The STF was formed to investigate the gang rape case and to find out the police officials who were guilty of not registering an FIR in the case...