AICC member flays Digvijay
Amid talks of change of guards in the Congress, a senior AICC member has charged that senior party leader and AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh is harming the grand old party and has been thwarting attempts of vice president Rahul Gandhi to take over as president of the Congress.
The AICC member from Karnataka TDR Harishchandra Gowda has termed Digvijay as a treacherous man and alleged he himself wants to become the Congress president. Digvijay does not want Rahul to take over the reins from ailing Sonia Gandhi, he charged.
In a letter to the Congress president, Gowda mentioned that some of the party members including Sonia herself is totally upset due to the high handedness of the Rajput leaders from north India. He also indicated that at one point of time Digvijay was planning to anoint former Union Minister P Chidambaram as the head of the party.
- Akhilesh questions Yogi Govt’s feats in 100 days in power 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Visit of NDA Prez pick delays White Paper release 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- JD(S) to support UPA nominee Meira Kumar 26 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Kovind kickstarts campaign from Lucknow 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Pak Army fires mortar shells, targets civilians on eve of Eid 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Ahmedabad Rath Yatra showcases communal harmony 26 Jun 2017 | Nayan Dave
- Attack on George Baker: BJP demands Mamata’s scalp 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Won’t let polls happen in Darj: GJM 26 Jun 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Puducherry tussle: MHA clears air on L-G powers 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Swamy wants status quo for Hindu bodies 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jun 2017 | PNS | Nainital
The Shipra river which flows towards the north, contrary to most rivers, has been degenerated into a sewer with garbage being dumped in the river apart from the sewer. After concerned locals cleaned up the riverbed despite apathy of the local body, the district administration has taken cognisance of the issue and directed action against those polluting this river...