AICC member flays Digvijay
Amid talks of change of guards in the Congress, a senior AICC member has charged that senior party leader and AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh is harming the grand old party and has been thwarting attempts of vice president Rahul Gandhi to take over as president of the Congress.
The AICC member from Karnataka TDR Harishchandra Gowda has termed Digvijay as a treacherous man and alleged he himself wants to become the Congress president. Digvijay does not want Rahul to take over the reins from ailing Sonia Gandhi, he charged.
In a letter to the Congress president, Gowda mentioned that some of the party members including Sonia herself is totally upset due to the high handedness of the Rajput leaders from north India. He also indicated that at one point of time Digvijay was planning to anoint former Union Minister P Chidambaram as the head of the party.
- All is not well with TDP-BJP alliance in AP! 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Faction fighting in TDP rears its ugly head again 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Shatrughan-Sushil Twitter war effort to gain lost status? 24 May 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
- Partnership with TMC limited to Prez polls: Bengal Congress 24 May 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Shiv Sena protests over Karnataka Min’s threat to Marathi-speaking MLAs 24 May 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- 2 years of AIADMK Govt: Uncertainty looms large 24 May 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Modi for cooperation between African nations, India 24 May 2017 | Nayan Dave
- Local leaders’ laxity in implementing road map upsets BJP chief 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Shah begins work to win Telangana to conquer South 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Cong lauds Army for action across LoC 24 May 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...