AICC member flays Digvijay
Amid talks of change of guards in the Congress, a senior AICC member has charged that senior party leader and AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh is harming the grand old party and has been thwarting attempts of vice president Rahul Gandhi to take over as president of the Congress.
The AICC member from Karnataka TDR Harishchandra Gowda has termed Digvijay as a treacherous man and alleged he himself wants to become the Congress president. Digvijay does not want Rahul to take over the reins from ailing Sonia Gandhi, he charged.
In a letter to the Congress president, Gowda mentioned that some of the party members including Sonia herself is totally upset due to the high handedness of the Rajput leaders from north India. He also indicated that at one point of time Digvijay was planning to anoint former Union Minister P Chidambaram as the head of the party.
- India successfully test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise 22 May 2018 | PTI
- KVIC sets world record on World Honey-Bee Day 22 May 2018 | PNS
- China calls mining report near Arunachal border ‚Äėgroundless‚Äô 22 May 2018 | IANS
- Modi tells students he saw a Putin different from the President 22 May 2018 | PTI
- PM invokes Vajpayee to assert strong bond between India, Russia 22 May 2018 | PTI
- Indo-Russian ties enjoy strategic partnership: Modi to Putin 22 May 2018 | PTI
- NHRC issues notice to UP Govt over 13 hooch deaths 22 May 2018 | PNS
- UP police pledges to fight subversive forces on Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary 22 May 2018 | PNS
- Rly to close 150 yrs old rail section in Patna for road 22 May 2018 | Faizan Ahmad
- Stamped ballot papers lay strewn in Bengal boondocks 22 May 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...