AICC member flays Digvijay
Amid talks of change of guards in the Congress, a senior AICC member has charged that senior party leader and AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh is harming the grand old party and has been thwarting attempts of vice president Rahul Gandhi to take over as president of the Congress.
The AICC member from Karnataka TDR Harishchandra Gowda has termed Digvijay as a treacherous man and alleged he himself wants to become the Congress president. Digvijay does not want Rahul to take over the reins from ailing Sonia Gandhi, he charged.
In a letter to the Congress president, Gowda mentioned that some of the party members including Sonia herself is totally upset due to the high handedness of the Rajput leaders from north India. He also indicated that at one point of time Digvijay was planning to anoint former Union Minister P Chidambaram as the head of the party.
- Triple talaq issue reached SC because AIMPLB failed to act, says Bukhari 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Survivors recount Muzaffarnagar train tragedy 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- China dashes Rajnath‚Äôs hope of early solution 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- India welcomes Trump‚Äôs pledge to confront terrorism 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Make development a mass movement: Modi 23 Aug 2017 | PNS/Agencies
- Parl panel calls for national database of corrupt PMGSY contractors 23 Aug 2017 | Archana Jyoti
- It will liberate Muslim women: Arif Mohd Khan 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- TRP wars result in faux pas by news channels 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Centre to send advisory to States to ensure compliance 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Centre rules out need for new law 23 Aug 2017 | PNS/Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Aug 2017 | PNS | Jamshedpur
In a shocking case of negligence, a 17-year-old minor girl delivered a child on the road, nearly 30 meters from the Chandil community health center, in neighbouring Seraikel-Kharsawan, on Tuesday morning. According to reports, despite request there was delay in sending of ambulance for the girl who was crying in pain and delivered a girl child on the road and was later carried on an auto-rickshaw to the hospital...