- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Ailing NCP leader Bhujbal shifted from JJ hospital to Kem hospital
Maharashtra’s ailing former deputy Chief Minister and NCP leader Chhagan Bhujbal, who is being tried in alleged disproportionate assets and money laundering cases, was on Tuesday shifted from the State-run J J Hospital to the BMC-run KEM Hospital on Tuesday.
The development came five days after after NCP president Sharad Pawar shot off a letter to Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, warning the latter that the State Government would be held responsible if Bhujbal suffered any “untoward fate”.
Expressing serious concern about deteriorating health of Bhujbal who has been languishing in jail for the past two years, Pawar had said: “ I do not expect anything but proper medical treatment to Shri Chhagan Bhujbal which is his Constructional right. Knowing full well the overall health condition of Bhujbal and his advanced age, I am sure that you will direct that prompt steps be taken to ensure that proper medical treatment is administered to him”.
Family members and those close to Bhujbal have been pleading the State Government that since the JJ Hospital does not have super speciality departments dedicated to Hepato Pancreato Biliary (HPB) and Gastroenterology, he be shifted to some private super-speciality hospital. Bhujbal has been suffering from severe abdominal pains, diabetes and breathlessness.
On February 5 this year, MNS chief Raj Thackeray had extended his indirect support to incarcerated NCP leader, by saying that Bhujbal should have been released a long ago and advised the latter’s supporters to launch a “Chodo Bhujbal” to seek early release of the “tainted” leader.
Bhujbal was arrested by the Enforcement on March 14, 2016 in connection with two money laundering cases registered against him, his nephew Sameer Bhujbal, other family members and associates.
Bhujbals and their associates are being investigated in three corruption cases. Maharashtra’s Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) had filed a charge-sheet against Sr Bhujbal, Sameer and 15 others in the new Maharashtra Sadan scam case in February 2016.
The State ACB on March 28, 2016 filed a second voluminous charge-sheet against him and six others for having allegedly received huge kickbacks to lease a plot of land to a private developer for the construction of a central library at the Kalina campus of the Mumbai University.
Subsequently On March 30, 2016, the ED filed a 11,500—page charge sheet against Chhagan Bhujbal, his son Pankaj, nephew Sameer, corporate houses like D B Realty, Balwa group of companies, Neelkamal Realtors and Builders Private Limited, Neelkamal Central Apartment LLP and Kakade Infrastructure, in the money laundering case.
- Disturbed at trends of unruly behaviour in legislatures: V-P 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Omar asks India-Pak to observe ceasefire 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Gujarat lagging behind in health, edu: Niti Aayog VC 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- No one can raise question on Govt‚Äôs integrity, intention: Rajnath 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Will take care of two sisters injured in LoC shelling: J&K Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Manduadih to be renamed Banaras railway station 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Another IndiGo A320neo aircraft withdrawn over engine concerns 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- BJP has learnt lessons from defeat: Yogi 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Goa‚Äôs mining body rules out immediate lay-offs 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Wild elephants live in harmony with locals in TN 19 Mar 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...