Amid reports of merger of factions in AIADMK, Palaniswami meets PM
Amid reports over the merger of the two factions of the AIADMK in Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Friday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi, maintaining that he only discussed exempting the State from the purview of all-India NEET exam.
Palaniswami “reiterated the request of exemption from NEET for Tamil Nadu”, a brief official release from CM’s office said. Accompanied by Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai, the Chief Minister called on Modi at the office of the Prime Minister in Parliament House, the release added. Stalled negotiations on the merger of two AIADMK factions picked up again few days ago.
In Chennai, on Thursday, at the meeting presided over by Palaniswami, party questioned the appointment of TTV Dhinakaran as AIADMK’s deputy general secretary.
- Inshort 19 Aug 2017 | Pioneer
- Central Govt official praises Telangana's land survey 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Postage stamp featuring Mithila headgear issued 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Govt slow in investigating irregularities in Adani‚Äôs inflated invoicing: Cong 19 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Delhi tourist raped at Hyd guest house on Aug 15 night 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- CPI(M) complains to Min over MTNL internet blackout for last 7 days 19 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Tripura Govt not to go to court on Sarkar speech 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- No info from Pak on ad-hoc judge for Jadhav case: MEA 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Reports of BrahMos sale to Vietnam incorrect: Govt 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- 11 mn people hit due to floods in India: Report 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Solar power plants having total capacity of 2,467 kWp have been installed at various places including industries in Chhattisgarh in 2016-17, the Central Government has informed. Notably, Chhattisgarh Government has decided to identify more potentially rich areas for installation of renewable energy projects and carry out advance planning for evacuation and transmission of power in an effective and coordinated manner...