- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Amid reports of merger of factions in AIADMK, Palaniswami meets PM
Amid reports over the merger of the two factions of the AIADMK in Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Friday met Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Delhi, maintaining that he only discussed exempting the State from the purview of all-India NEET exam.
Palaniswami “reiterated the request of exemption from NEET for Tamil Nadu”, a brief official release from CM’s office said. Accompanied by Lok Sabha Deputy Speaker M Thambidurai, the Chief Minister called on Modi at the office of the Prime Minister in Parliament House, the release added. Stalled negotiations on the merger of two AIADMK factions picked up again few days ago.
In Chennai, on Thursday, at the meeting presided over by Palaniswami, party questioned the appointment of TTV Dhinakaran as AIADMK’s deputy general secretary.
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
In a shocking incident captured on a CCTV camera, a minor girl was allegedly attacked by a boy after she resisted his efforts to lewd comments at her at Kurla in north-central Mumbai. The incident took place at 7...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...