‘Announce farm loan waiver else Sena will quit BJP-led Govt’
Turning up the heat once again on Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis, Shiv Sena president Uddhav Thackeray said on Friday that his party would walk out of the BJP-led Government if the ruling BJP did not announce the loan waiver for the farmers in the State.
Joining the Opposition parties in the clamour for farm loan waiver, Uddhav said, “The ruling BJP is busy making calculations as to how many seats it will win if the mid-term polls are to be held now. The people have given everything to the BJP. They still want more. Done, people will give that as well, but before the people do it, you (the BJP-led government) should announce farm loan waiver”. “If you announce farm loan waiver, all our Ministers will resign and support the Fadnavis Government from outside. We will not let this Government fall,” the Sena president said at one stage, assuring his party’s outside support to the Fadnavis Government.
- Inbrief 25 May 2017 | PNS
- Arm college girls with knives to protect them from rape, Andhra told 25 May 2017 | PTI
- PM pitches for criminal tracking network systems 25 May 2017 | PTI
- Jaitley: Army officers free to take decisions in war-like zone 25 May 2017 | PTI
- Over 3K mosques in TN to get 4,900 tonnes free rice during Ramzan 25 May 2017 | PTI
- Cut-offs for PG courses through NEET to be cut by 7.5 percentile 25 May 2017 | PTI
- HC grants interim stay on publication of NEET result 25 May 2017 | PTI
- India plans tsunami warning system for South China Sea 25 May 2017 | PTI
- 2008 Ahmedabad serial blasts accused held in Kozhikode 25 May 2017 | PTI
- With three CMs in 9 months, governance in TN takes a hit 25 May 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2017 | Staff Reporter | Naya Raipur
There will be 14 minor bridges constructed including a major bridge on the proposed railway track between Mandirhasaud, Naya Raipur and Kendri in the new capital region, officials informed. Notably, Naya Raipur has emerged in the country with the largest land bank of a mammoth 237 square kilometres ( 23,700 hectares), officials stated...