AP Opp MPs want EC to derecognise ruling TDP
A delegation of MPs from Andhra Pradesh's Opposition YSRCP on Monday asked the Election Commission to "derecognise" the State's ruling Telugu Desam Party for allegedly violating provisions of the Constitution and election laws.
YSR Congress Party MPs met Chief Election Commissioner Achal Kumar Joti and alleged that Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had made an "undemocratic" speech in Nandyala constituency and threatened to withdraw welfare schemes if people did not vote for him, party leader Y V Subba Reddy said. The constituency is scheduled to hold a by-election following the death of TDP MLA Bhuma Nagi Reddy.
"In the speech in Nandyala constituency on 22 June, Chief Minister Naidu had told people not to use roads and forego pensions if they were not willing to vote for him," Lok Sabha MP Y V Subba Reddy wrote in a letter.
The delegation also submitted newspaper clippings and CDs to back its allegations. "Nandyala constituency is about to face a by-election. Even before the notification, TDP was indulging in luring people by spending money lavishly," Reddy said.
- BJP Executive meet to focus on strengthening economic base 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Govt set to sign agreement with e-retailer Amazon 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Campus placement: IIT lifts ban on 30 companies 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Sonia Gandhi urges PM to pass Women Reservation Bill 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Probe Rahul‚Äôs secret British citizenship: Swamy to MHA 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
- IMD predicts heavy rainfall in Delhi on Sept 22, 23 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Scorpene-class submarine handed over to Navy 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Plan to quit NDA: Finding haven not easy for BDJS 22 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- K‚Äôtaka opposes formation of Cauvery Management Board 22 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Bihar's first English access programme shows results 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
A day-long special session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will be held on Friday. The session would carry out Government business, a Chhattisgarh Assembly press release informed ...