AP Opp MPs want EC to derecognise ruling TDP
A delegation of MPs from Andhra Pradesh's Opposition YSRCP on Monday asked the Election Commission to "derecognise" the State's ruling Telugu Desam Party for allegedly violating provisions of the Constitution and election laws.
YSR Congress Party MPs met Chief Election Commissioner Achal Kumar Joti and alleged that Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu had made an "undemocratic" speech in Nandyala constituency and threatened to withdraw welfare schemes if people did not vote for him, party leader Y V Subba Reddy said. The constituency is scheduled to hold a by-election following the death of TDP MLA Bhuma Nagi Reddy.
"In the speech in Nandyala constituency on 22 June, Chief Minister Naidu had told people not to use roads and forego pensions if they were not willing to vote for him," Lok Sabha MP Y V Subba Reddy wrote in a letter.
The delegation also submitted newspaper clippings and CDs to back its allegations. "Nandyala constituency is about to face a by-election. Even before the notification, TDP was indulging in luring people by spending money lavishly," Reddy said.
- UP schoolgirls forced to strip: 12 staffers axed 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- DAVP spent about Rs 1,286 crore in 2016-17: Govt 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Uniquely placed to deliver on commitments on SDG, India assures UN 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Pak summons Indian envoy over ceasefire violations 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Diplomatic channels ‚Äėunimpeded‚Äô to resolve Sikkim standoff: China 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- 28 die as bus falls into gorge in Shimla 21 Jul 2017 | PNS
- 455 cases of unruly air travellers since 2016: Govt 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Harmanpreet hits 171 as India pile up 281/4 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- India warns Pak DGMO against targeting schoolchildren at LoC 21 Jul 2017 | PNS
- RS members criticise ban by airlines on MPs 21 Jul 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2017 | SANJEEV JHA | Ranchi
In perhaps the most ruthless chidings so far the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) had been waiting for, three member of Jharkhand Assembly Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has after its maiden visit to the premier institute on Thursday said that the largest public hospital was a total failure on every counts with nothing in the institute happening the way it was expected to take place. Chaired by JMM MLA Stephen...