- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
MORE Nation NEWS
- BJP seeks NIA probe into ‘sedition’ by Amnesty 25 Aug 2016 | Kestur Vasuki
- Didi adds ‘tea’ to ‘water’ to attack Modi 25 Aug 2016 | Saugar Sengupta
- Maha Govt seeks CBI probe into star tiger Jay's disappearance 25 Aug 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Tremor shakes City of Joy and Bengal 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- BJP, cops face off over poor UP law and order 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- States’ apathy makes health mission sick 25 Aug 2016 | Archana Jyoti
- ED summons PC’s wife on fresh evidence 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- SC slams Amma’s Govt for intolerance of criticism 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Harish Rawat-led mafia grabbing religious land at Haridwar: BJP 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
- NGT directs States, UTs to fill vacancies in pollution control boards 25 Aug 2016 | PNS
25 Aug 2016 | S K Srivastav | Pantanagar
The agitation of the teachers of the GB Pant University of Agriculture and Technology continued on eighth day on Tuesday. The agitated teachers assembled at the agriculture college of the university on the day and engaged in slogan shouting against the university administration...
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.