- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
MORE Nation NEWS
- May step in if Delhi Govt fails to act: Centre to SC 27 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Karnataka moves SC to modify order on Cauvery water 27 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Cong demands special session of Parliament to declare Pak terror state 27 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Shoe hurling row: BJP slams Rahul for indulging in low level of politics 27 Sep 2016 | PNS
- Modi’s tip to farmers on branding products for better marketing 27 Sep 2016 | Archana Jyoti
- Post-rain demolitions in Hyd to curb floods 27 Sep 2016 | Omer Farooq
- After rain, flood scare in T as all dams brim with water 27 Sep 2016 | Omer Farooq
- Top JMB operative nabbed from Assam 27 Sep 2016 | Anup Sharma
- Kaziranga Park set to open for tourists on Oct 1 27 Sep 2016 | IANS
- Akhilesh expands Cabinet for eighth time 27 Sep 2016 | PNS
27 Sep 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav expanded his cabinet on Monday for the eighth time since assuming office in March 2012, sipposedly for the last time before 2017 Assembly polls. Ten ministers, including Gayatri Prasad Prajapati, Manoj Pandey and Shivakant Ojha, earlier sacked by the CM were sworn in by Governor Ram Naik at function at Raj Bhavan on Monday...
Those who think they can keep Pakistan together by attacking other cultures with jihadist extremism, should visit Dhaka.
The Hindu community has made fantastic contributions to world civilisation and to American culture.
If it wasn't for Arnold Palmer, golf wouldn't be as popular as it is now. He was the one who brought it to the forefront.