Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
- Akhilesh questions Yogi Govt’s feats in 100 days in power 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Visit of NDA Prez pick delays White Paper release 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- JD(S) to support UPA nominee Meira Kumar 26 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Kovind kickstarts campaign from Lucknow 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Pak Army fires mortar shells, targets civilians on eve of Eid 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Ahmedabad Rath Yatra showcases communal harmony 26 Jun 2017 | Nayan Dave
- Attack on George Baker: BJP demands Mamata’s scalp 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Won’t let polls happen in Darj: GJM 26 Jun 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Puducherry tussle: MHA clears air on L-G powers 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Swamy wants status quo for Hindu bodies 26 Jun 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Jun 2017 | PNS | Nainital
The Shipra river which flows towards the north, contrary to most rivers, has been degenerated into a sewer with garbage being dumped in the river apart from the sewer. After concerned locals cleaned up the riverbed despite apathy of the local body, the district administration has taken cognisance of the issue and directed action against those polluting this river...