- Poll verdict a lesson to Congress for criticising Gujarat model: Adityanath
- When celebrations turned sombre at Congress office
- Modi flashes victory sign as BJP close to winning Gujarat, Himachal
- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
- Didi‚Äôs PM dream stokes House stance opposite Rahul 18 Dec 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- J&K snowfall: Mughal Road closed for 8th day 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Yogi lauds PAC for smooth conduct of Gujarat elections 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Yogi launches Saubhagya scheme from UP‚Äôs Unnao 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Youth killed in Valley crossfire, probe ordered 18 Dec 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Law, order issue likely to rock UP Houses 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Amar Singh bats for Ram Mandir 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Jaitley calls for radical judicial, edu reforms 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Work to integrate Brahmos on 40 Sukhoi aircraft begins 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Immovable property acquisition Bill in LS today 18 Dec 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Police are investigating different possibilities in the case of the two men found dead at the Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan on Friday. The bodies of Kamal Ram, a native of Rudraprayag and Sonu Kumar of Dehradun were found at Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan near Haridwar Bypass...