- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Ultras attack Manipur CM's entourage 25 Oct 2016 | Anup Sharma
- Absu blockade hits train movement hard in Assam 25 Oct 2016 | Anup Sharma
- Kerala CB to probe ‘phone-tapping’ of Vigilance dept head 25 Oct 2016 | VR Jayaraj
- Lalu, kin worried by feud in ‘samdhi’ MSY’s family 25 Oct 2016 | Faizan Ahmad
- Case filed as Kerala beedi king threatens his brothers 25 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Rape case: SC rejects interim bail plea of Asaram Bapu 25 Oct 2016 | PTI
- India rejects China’s objections 25 Oct 2016 | PNS/Agencies
- AI pilots want tainted ED axed for near mid-air crash 25 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Top naval commanders to meet in Delhi 25 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Armed forces personnel to vote with ease through e-postal ballot 25 Oct 2016 | PNS
23 Oct 2016 | Rajesh Singh
Despite wide-ranging backing and compelling arguments, expansion of the United Nations Security Council remains in limbo. Part of the reason is the complex mechanism in place to bring about the change, explains RAJESH SINGH ...
25 Oct 2016 | pns | Lucknow
Amid the escalating feud within the SP’s first family, an emotional Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav offered to resign from his post while addressing a meeting of legislators here on Monday. Defending his decision of sacking four ministers inlcuidng uncle Shivpal Yadav on Sunday, the CM said they were creating dispute within the party...
Let Netaji (Mulayam Singh Yadav) install a Chief Minister who he feels is honest. Why should I form a new party? Who is forming a new party?
I wish Padmavati had come came to me five-six years ago; I would have done it. I am happy it has come to me today.
Donald Trump may not be politically correct but he understands what radical Islam is doing to this world.