Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
- India successfully test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise 22 May 2018 | PTI
- KVIC sets world record on World Honey-Bee Day 22 May 2018 | PNS
- China calls mining report near Arunachal border ‚Äėgroundless‚Äô 22 May 2018 | IANS
- Modi tells students he saw a Putin different from the President 22 May 2018 | PTI
- PM invokes Vajpayee to assert strong bond between India, Russia 22 May 2018 | PTI
- Indo-Russian ties enjoy strategic partnership: Modi to Putin 22 May 2018 | PTI
- NHRC issues notice to UP Govt over 13 hooch deaths 22 May 2018 | PNS
- UP police pledges to fight subversive forces on Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary 22 May 2018 | PNS
- Rly to close 150 yrs old rail section in Patna for road 22 May 2018 | Faizan Ahmad
- Stamped ballot papers lay strewn in Bengal boondocks 22 May 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...