- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Centre to sign MoU with MNCs from US, France 30 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Morgan Stanley lauds Rly Min’s innovative approach of funding 30 Nov 2015 | PNS
- NIA makes request for quizzing Headley’s Moroccan wife 30 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Trinamool activists held for ISI links, party mum 30 Nov 2015 | Saugar Sengupta
- grapevine 30 Nov 2015 | PNS
- It’s free-for-all in Tamil Nadu Cong 30 Nov 2015 | Kumar Chellappan
- Lanco Hills’ move to sell disputed Telangana land hits Waqf hurdle 30 Nov 2015 | Omer Farooq
- Polling for Guj local bodies ends peacefully 30 Nov 2015 | NAYAN DAVE
- ‘Kalam wanted to quit as President in 2005’ 30 Nov 2015 | PTI
- Why Karnataka Govt wants to kill Lokayukta institution 30 Nov 2015 | KESTUR VASUKI
29 Nov 2015 | Kushan Mitra
Earlier in November, the Presidents of People’s Republic of China and Republic of China shook hands in Singapore — the first meeting of the protagonists of the Chinese Civil War in 66 years. The Republic of China, or Taiwan as most people know the country, is on the verge of a new election, and is also considering where its place is in the world...
30 Nov 2015 | Staff Reporter | Kanker
The Chhattisgarh Government is in the process of setting up smart classrooms in 25 Government schools in the insurgency-infested Kanker district of Bastar region. The classes are being established to enhance learning outcomes of school children using diverse techniques...
I don't know why there is so much hype about the pitch. People sitting in other countries are talking of Indian pitches.
Smita Patil was a chameleon. She could be a part of the story without your thinking about it.
Europe cannot accept all the refugees coming from Syria. That's why we need a diplomatic, military and political solution.