- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Police arrest five shooters 26 May 2016 | Faizan Ahmad
- Envoys demand action against ‘Afro-phobia’ 26 May 2016 | PNS
- IM man baig ATTACKS inmate on DEATH-ROW IN NAGPUR JAIL 26 May 2016 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- T, AP GEAR UP TO CELEBRATE 2nd ANNIVERSARY OF THEIR FORMATION 26 May 2016 | Omer Farooq
- Cabinet approves six new IITs 26 May 2016 | PNS
- Off-duty cop killed in attack on NC leader Mir 26 May 2016 | Khursheed Wani
- Medal-holder Naval officer sent on forced leave for molestation 26 May 2016 | PNS
- LDF Govt takes charge in Kerala 26 May 2016 | VR Jayaraj
- Opp, rebel netas, babus feel Didi’s wrath ‘inch-by-inch’ 26 May 2016 | Saugar Sengupta
- Assam Govt decides to reduce CM’s convoy, to nix inter-State check gates 26 May 2016 | Anup Sharma
22 May 2016 | Rajib Chowdhury
The BJP's historic win in Assam, signalling a major political shift in the region, is a crucial step in concretising Prime Minister Narendra Modi's vision for the party's North East outreach May 19 ushered in a new dawn in Assam — a dawn that held the promise of change and hope for a better future, or as some would say, achche din. Expanding its political clout beyond the traditional bastion and...
26 May 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The Union Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Wednesday gave its nod for taking up the Vizianagaram and Titlagarh 3rd line project at an estimated cost of Rs2,335.68 crore...
We want India to get rid of the system of disorder under the rule of the Congress for decades, where national interests were ignored.
The new Afghan Taliban chief has an opportunity to choose peace. We do hope that he makes that choice now.
Whatever our sexuality, whatever our taste, we must all be treated equally. That is the future Mahatma Gandhi dreamt of.