- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Railways exports 60 AC coaches to Bangladesh 01 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- India gets first integrated def communication network 01 Jul 2016 | PNS
- Deal signed to retrofit anti-ship missiles 01 Jul 2016 | PNS
- Govt asks depts to make information public to reduce RTI burden 01 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Employees frustrated, disappointed: Cong 01 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Medium range missile jointly developed by India, Israel successfully test-fired 01 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Nationwide survey to assess drug abuse soon 01 Jul 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- 26/11: Pakistan asks India to provide additional evidence 01 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Undertrial stabbed by fellow inmates in Rohini jail 01 Jul 2016 | Staff Reporter
- Countries harbouring terrorists should pay price, says Sushma 01 Jul 2016 | PNS
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
01 Jul 2016 | PNS | Chandigarh
Haryana Government on Thursday issued new policy guidelines regarding grant of Change of Land Use (CLU) permission for industrial units in industrial or agriculture zones in the controlled areas falling within the municipal limits in the State. These guidelines have been issued in view of the Enterprises Promotion Policy (EPP)-2015, said an official spokesman...
After Kanshi Ram, Mayawati started eyeing non-saleable vote-banks and began selling party tickets. The BSP became a mandi for ticket selling.
The annoying thing about tabloid rumours is the double standard. If I'm spotted with a guy, it’s a negative headline. Men don't get that reputation.
There are people like Bernie Sanders who I think genuinely deserved the title (‘populist’), because he has been in the vineyards fighting on behalf of these issues.