- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
MORE Nation NEWS
- One more killed in fresh violence 23 Jul 2016 | Khursheed Wani
- Mumbai cops likely to submit report on Zakir Naik next week 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Water discharge from Nepal ruins Valmiki Nagar barrage gate 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Fadnavis defends Mins, says clean chit given to Khadse in 2 graft cases 23 Jul 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Maha to come out with white paper on revenue defaulters: Finance Min 23 Jul 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Bombay HC reserves order on PILs over noise pollution 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- AP Police scraps 5-km run, reduces physical tests in recruitment process 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Parted over broken marriage, Dubai girls reunite with mother after 28 yrs 23 Jul 2016 | Omer Farooq
- No laws to arrest neighbours: Nitish 23 Jul 2016 | Faizan Ahmad
- Kejriwal meets Guj victims, slams police for ‘inaction’ 23 Jul 2016 | Nayan Dave
24 Jul 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
On the defensive for the last two days over profane remarks by sacked vice-president Dayashanker Singh against BSP chief Mayawati, the BJP upped its ante on Saturday by demonstrating across UP against foul language used by protesting BSP leaders against Singh’s wife and minor daughter. In Lucknow, BJP workers fought a pitched battle with the police when they were stopped by the men in uniform from taking out a protest march...
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.