Arrest warrant against headmistress
The Chief Judicial Magistrate of Saran, Narendra Mohan Jha has issued the warrant of arrest against headmistress Meena Kumari in connection with the mid-day meal tragedy, which resulted in the loss of lives of 23 children in Saran district last Tuesday. All victims had consumed food at Government Primary School at Dharmasati Dandaman village in Saran district.
Meena Kumari is absconding since the tragedy happened and the police have also failed to arrest her so far even after conducting raids at various places. The court issued the arrest warrant against Meena Kumari after the police approached it in this connection. An FIR has been lodged against the headmistress under Sections 302 (murder) and 120-B (criminal conspiracy) of IPC.
Meanwhile, a delegation of senior JD (U) leaders including State party president Vashishtha Narayan Singh and party MP RCP Singh visited Dharmasati Dandaman village on Monday and consoled bereaved families. They also assured them that the guilty will not be spared under any circumstance. Meanwhile, NSUI activists demonstrated before the residence of State Education Minister PK Shahi in support of their demand for his resignation. They held him responsible for the death of innocent children in the mid-day meal tragedy.
Sources said that the police are likely to move the local court in Chhapra on Tuesday seeking permission for the attachment of the property of Meena Kumari in their bid to force her to surrender before law enforcing authorities. Eight members of SIT under the leadership of Superintendent of Police of Chhapra and two IT level officers will monitor investigation into the mid-day meal tragedy.
- Min, CPM MLA part of land mafia: VS 29 Mar 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Kerala NCP names Thomas Chandy for ministerial berth 29 Mar 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- ‘Demonetisation proved Waterloo for Opp’ 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Jana Sena Party woos skilled youth to join its ranks 29 Mar 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Modi, Yogi most sought-after poll campaigners 29 Mar 2017 | Nayan Dave
- 78-yr-old Dalit woman burned alive on suspicion of witchcraft 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
- BJP ready for Guj Assembly polls anytime, says Rupani 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Prez annuls his own order on HASA 29 Mar 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Govt wants to pass GST Bills by consensus: Jaitley 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
- ‘Migrant labourers suffer worst kind of exploitation’ 29 Mar 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
26 Mar 2017 | Kushan Mitra
The advent of online streaming services that can stream content directly to your television screen is making the argument for cutting the cable connection more and more convincing, believes Kushan Mitra Is it time to cut the cable? In the past year and a half, online television streaming services Hotstar Premium, Netflix and Amazon Prime Video have launched their services in India. There is also Voot from Viacom18 and Sony LIV...
STATE EDITIONSView All
29 Mar 2017 | PNS | BRAHMAPUR
In a deeply shocking case, a minor girl has alleged that she was gangraped by her four cousins as her father supported the Congress party during the recent panchayat elections in Patrapur block in Ganjam district. The victim along with her father and brother met district Superintendent of Police Asis Singh on Tuesday and lodged a complaint...