- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Astrology, vaastu, 100-ft stage for NaMo’s UP rally
A vaastu compliant stage that is 100-feet long, astrologers propitiating the gods and invitations sent through social networking sites — the BJP has pulled out all stops to make its prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi’s maiden rally in Uttar Pradesh at Kanpur October 19 a success.
And the spade work, party sources say, has been “unprecedented”.Astrologers have been roped in to propitiate the gods to ensure a hassle-free rally and vaastu experts have been enrolled to “give the right direction” on the stage formation.
The 100-feet long and 30 feet wide main stage will hold the national leadership of the BJP including Modi and party president Rajnath Singh, while two side stages are being erected to accommodate the State leadership and other office bearers, BJP city chief Surendra Maithani said.
Despite hassles in finalisation of the venue, getting necessary permissions from the district administration and working on security, the State unit of the BJP is working overtime to ensure that detractors take note of Modi’s popularity.
Special teams have been formed to rope in a large number of youngsters and party workers have fanned out in educational and technical institutions including the Chatrapati Sahuji Maharaj university, its affiliates and the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) to invite students to hear Modi and his plans for a vibrant India.
Over the last week, party workers visited Ram Leela venues and Puja pandals during the Durga Puja celebrations, where they distributed invites and pamphlets informing them of Modi’s rally.
The entire city has been splashed with posters, hoardings, bunting and banners giving details of the rally and its venue — the social welfare department ground opposite Gautam Buddha Park in Indiranagar.
Teams have been formed to work out guest and crowd management, food and water for rallyists, parking of vehicles, media management and sanitation, a local office bearer said.
Hundreds of buses have been requisitioned to ferry people to the rally site from nearby areas.
Modi will land on a chopper at around 1 pm near the rally venue October 19 after a brief stopover at Lucknow’s Amausi airport.
Special galleries are being made for women, journalists and intellectuals. Taking no chances in the run up to the maiden rally of the Gujarat Chief Minister after he was anointed the prime ministerial candidate, party general secretary in-charge of UP, Amit Shah, as well as leaders like
Vinay Katiyar, Mukhtaar Abbas Naqvi, Ramapati Ram Tripathi and State president Laxmikant Bajpayi have visited Kanpur to oversee arrangements of the rally.
Bajpayi says the rally “would not only be historic but would also rout political adversaries involved in petty politics”. The party’s minority wing is also working hard to ensure that a sizeable chunk from the Muslim localities attend the rally and to do so a booklet listing welfare schemes for Muslims undertaken by the Gujarat Government is being distributed in Muslim-dominated areas of the city.
Rumana Siddiqui, State president of the BJP’s minority wing, is also touring the city.“The rally would prove to prophets of doom sitting in opposition parties that Modi is anti-anybody. The myth that Muslims are wary of Modi will be shattered in the rally,” said Vijay Bahadur Pathak, State spokesman of the BJP.
Prem Panjwaani, a local who is a tarot card reader, admits that the preparations have “impressed him” and that he had “sure shot plans to go and hear Modi speak”.
- Ramzan festivities reach peak on last Friday in Hyd 24 Jun 2017 | Omer Farooq
- BJP sweeps Karbi council elections 24 Jun 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Amnesty asks K’taka House to withdraw sentence to scribes 24 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Uddhav, arch rival Rane share stage 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Tension in Mau as man shot outside masjid 24 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Darjeeling crisis: Gurung threatens to intensify stir 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Why police left DSP alone to defend himself, ask kin 24 Jun 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- Kopardi case: Now, Defence wants Maha CM to be witness 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Cong wants TRS to recall decision 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Bihar ki beti’ fielded only to be defeated, says Nitish 24 Jun 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...