Bengal cops file FIR against RSS ideologue
RSS ideologue and Delhi University professor Rakesh Sinha has been booked under non-bailable Sections of the IPC by Kolkata Police for allegedly inciting communal hatred through social media
posts. Sinha has termed this a 'strong-arm tactic' to silence him from criticizing the Mamata Banerjee Government over communal violence in Bashirhat.
The case was filed on July 12 on a complaint by a couple o that t Sinha tried to incite communal flare up in the already disturbed State through his social media posts.
In a twitter post, Sinha had posted a picture with his mother offering prayers at the Mahakal Temple in Ujjain on July 9. According to Kolkata lawyer Brajesh Jha, who is representing Sinha, one Manoj Kumar Singh filed the complaint against him, calling his post "provocative" that can lead to communal tension and riots."We are moving for anticipatory bail and also planning to sue the complainant," Jha said. "
"The FIR has been filed without any evidence or annexure, Mamata is trying to intimidate democratic secular voice from even outside Bengal . She and her party are perturbed to find research based , logical attack on her communal policy and politics. Since my foundation has published three research based documents on society, economy and culture of Bengal and I have been vocal in TV discussions against her misrule, she is bent upon to take revenge.
" How come photo of performing pooja along with my 85-year-old mother in Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujain is a threat to communal harmony of Bengal? For that matter, how can a photo of sarasanghchalak Mohan bhagwat ji releasing the book on Narendra Modi cause threat to Bengal's society? Sinhga asked.
- BJP Executive meet to focus on strengthening economic base 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Govt set to sign agreement with e-retailer Amazon 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Campus placement: IIT lifts ban on 30 companies 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Sonia Gandhi urges PM to pass Women Reservation Bill 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Probe Rahul‚Äôs secret British citizenship: Swamy to MHA 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
- IMD predicts heavy rainfall in Delhi on Sept 22, 23 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Scorpene-class submarine handed over to Navy 22 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Plan to quit NDA: Finding haven not easy for BDJS 22 Sep 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- K‚Äôtaka opposes formation of Cauvery Management Board 22 Sep 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Bihar's first English access programme shows results 22 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
A day-long special session of Chhattisgarh Legislative Assembly will be held on Friday. The session would carry out Government business, a Chhattisgarh Assembly press release informed ...