Bengal cops file FIR against RSS ideologue
RSS ideologue and Delhi University professor Rakesh Sinha has been booked under non-bailable Sections of the IPC by Kolkata Police for allegedly inciting communal hatred through social media
posts. Sinha has termed this a 'strong-arm tactic' to silence him from criticizing the Mamata Banerjee Government over communal violence in Bashirhat.
The case was filed on July 12 on a complaint by a couple o that t Sinha tried to incite communal flare up in the already disturbed State through his social media posts.
In a twitter post, Sinha had posted a picture with his mother offering prayers at the Mahakal Temple in Ujjain on July 9. According to Kolkata lawyer Brajesh Jha, who is representing Sinha, one Manoj Kumar Singh filed the complaint against him, calling his post "provocative" that can lead to communal tension and riots."We are moving for anticipatory bail and also planning to sue the complainant," Jha said. "
"The FIR has been filed without any evidence or annexure, Mamata is trying to intimidate democratic secular voice from even outside Bengal . She and her party are perturbed to find research based , logical attack on her communal policy and politics. Since my foundation has published three research based documents on society, economy and culture of Bengal and I have been vocal in TV discussions against her misrule, she is bent upon to take revenge.
" How come photo of performing pooja along with my 85-year-old mother in Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujain is a threat to communal harmony of Bengal? For that matter, how can a photo of sarasanghchalak Mohan bhagwat ji releasing the book on Narendra Modi cause threat to Bengal's society? Sinhga asked.
- Why the malafide impeachment motion was bound to fail? 25 Apr 2018 | Arun Jaitley
- Modern twists at Khadi fashion show 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Chairman for bio-metric system at RS Secretariat 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Ensure no violence takes place: Centre to 3 States 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- ITC, GMR to submit vision for Taj upkeep 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- IAF drill to hone combat readiness ends 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Modi-Xi meet aims to smoothen rough edges 25 Apr 2018 | Vineeta Pandey
- Jewar airport likely to handle 10 cr passengers by 2050: PwC report 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Involvement in India will be investigated: CA 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sushma arrives in Mongolia on 2-day visit 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2018 | PNS | CUTTACK
Basing on the allegations of acquisition of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Banking Assistant, Mayurbhanj Central Cooperative Bank Limited, Karanjia Sirish Chandra Mohanta, a Vigilance team raid several locations and traced his assets of Rs 1,10, 25,946. His residential house located at Dhatikabeda, Karanjia, house given on rent at Prasanti Vihar, Bhubaneswar, house given on rent located at Karanjia, and office room were simultaneously searched with search...