Cabinet approves Rs 10K cr fund for dairy sector
The Union Cabinet on Tuesday approved a Rs 10,881-crore fund to give a boost to the country’s dairy sector. Projects under the corpus called Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF) will focus on building an efficient milk procurement system by setting up of chilling infrastructure & installation of electronic milk adulteration testing equipment, creation/modernization/expansion of processing infrastructure and manufacturing faculties for value added products for milk unions and milk producer companies.
The fund will be spent on creating necessary infrastructure and supporting dairy farmers over a period of 12 years during 2017-29. “With this investment, 95 lakh farmers in about 50,000 villages will be benefited”, said the Government through an official statement after the Union Cabinet.
The project will be implemented by the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and National Dairy Development Cooperation (NCDC) directly through end borrowers such as Milk Unions, State Dairy Federations, Multi-state Milk Cooperatives, Milk Producer Companies and NDDB subsidiaries. The project activities under the scheme will include setting up of 28,000 Bulk Milk Coolers (BMCs) at village level. Under the scheme, additional milk processing capacity of 126 lakh litre per day and milk chilling capacity of 140 lakh litre per day will also be created.
- Rajnath‚Äôs Twitter handle gets 10 million followers 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Interim SNJPC report likely to be submitted to SC by next month: Chairman 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Will consult legal experts on appealing against Cauvery verdict: TN CM 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Two cops martyred in Sukma gun battle 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU student from N-E molested, assaulted in Mukherjee Nagar 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Cong looking for scam to throw mud on Govt: Nirmala 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- France‚Äôs bank interested in funding smart cities mission 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC slams life insurance firms for denying policy claim 19 Feb 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Govt for model inclusive school in each district, block 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Law Min mum on whether people of Indian origin can campaign in polls 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...