- HC refuses to stay framing of charges against Tejpal
- We've right to shoot down US bombers outside our airspace: N.Korea
- Any claim of declaring war on N Korea absurd: White House
- India exposes Pakistan's use of fake photo at UN; shows image of own terror victim
- Haryana Police conducts raids in Delhi for Honeypreet, Aditya Insan
Cabinet approves Rs 10K cr fund for dairy sector
The Union Cabinet on Tuesday approved a Rs 10,881-crore fund to give a boost to the country’s dairy sector. Projects under the corpus called Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF) will focus on building an efficient milk procurement system by setting up of chilling infrastructure & installation of electronic milk adulteration testing equipment, creation/modernization/expansion of processing infrastructure and manufacturing faculties for value added products for milk unions and milk producer companies.
The fund will be spent on creating necessary infrastructure and supporting dairy farmers over a period of 12 years during 2017-29. “With this investment, 95 lakh farmers in about 50,000 villages will be benefited”, said the Government through an official statement after the Union Cabinet.
The project will be implemented by the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and National Dairy Development Cooperation (NCDC) directly through end borrowers such as Milk Unions, State Dairy Federations, Multi-state Milk Cooperatives, Milk Producer Companies and NDDB subsidiaries. The project activities under the scheme will include setting up of 28,000 Bulk Milk Coolers (BMCs) at village level. Under the scheme, additional milk processing capacity of 126 lakh litre per day and milk chilling capacity of 140 lakh litre per day will also be created.
- Rs 20 cr drugs seized; 2 held 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Myanmar officials: Insurgents killed 45 Hindu villagers 26 Sep 2017 | AP
- Ask traders on GST impact: PC to BJP 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Indo-US Def relationship not at exclusion of others: Mattis 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Saubhagya is repackaging of UPA Govt‚Äôs 2005 scheme: NCP 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as CAG 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- CBI court dismisses plea of Ram Rahim‚Äôs ex-driver 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Dera Sacha chief approaches HC, challenges CBI court conviction 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Fugitive Honey moves HC for transit anticipatory bail 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- India slams Pak for using fake pic at UN 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Whether it is State government or Centre, they are looting people to fill treasury by increasing petrol and diesel prices and making holes in the pockets of common man, alleged Leader of Opposition in the State assembly Ajay Singh. Singh has raised demand of waiver of VAT and tax on petrol and diesel...