Cabinet approves Rs 10K cr fund for dairy sector
The Union Cabinet on Tuesday approved a Rs 10,881-crore fund to give a boost to the country’s dairy sector. Projects under the corpus called Dairy Processing & Infrastructure Development Fund (DIDF) will focus on building an efficient milk procurement system by setting up of chilling infrastructure & installation of electronic milk adulteration testing equipment, creation/modernization/expansion of processing infrastructure and manufacturing faculties for value added products for milk unions and milk producer companies.
The fund will be spent on creating necessary infrastructure and supporting dairy farmers over a period of 12 years during 2017-29. “With this investment, 95 lakh farmers in about 50,000 villages will be benefited”, said the Government through an official statement after the Union Cabinet.
The project will be implemented by the National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) and National Dairy Development Cooperation (NCDC) directly through end borrowers such as Milk Unions, State Dairy Federations, Multi-state Milk Cooperatives, Milk Producer Companies and NDDB subsidiaries. The project activities under the scheme will include setting up of 28,000 Bulk Milk Coolers (BMCs) at village level. Under the scheme, additional milk processing capacity of 126 lakh litre per day and milk chilling capacity of 140 lakh litre per day will also be created.
- Bhagwat attends RSS camp on ST community 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Earring taken out from kid‚Äôs windpipe 20 Jun 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Experts compare Marxism with different socio-economic orders 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Ex-Cong MLA Jai Kishen to hold protest against AAP, BJP 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PC files plea to quash June 12 order 20 Jun 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- India to construct war memorial at Villers Guislain in France 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- After sex-change, Lalita reports to duty as cop Lalit 20 Jun 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Leaders facing no threat get police security in Kerala 20 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj
- 5 charred to death in UP hotel inferno 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Triple murder rocks Mathura 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...