- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
CM offers Rs 20 cr bribe to shift loyalty: Rebel MLA
A day after VK Sasikala was eased out from the post of general secretary by the General Council of the AIADMK, Senthil Balaji, a rebel MLA owing allegiance to her came out in the open and alleged that the Edappadi Palaniswami Government of was threatening him to shift loyalty.
“A police officer met me on Thursday and asked me to shift my loyalty of Palaniswami. He also told me that the CM would give me Rs 1 crore to Rs 20 crore if I shifted camps,” said Balaji. But he did not reveal the name of the police officer who threatened him.
Menawhile, the Opposition DMK said that the days of the EPS Government has been numbered.
“The count down has begun for the fall of the Government,” said Saravanan, the DMK spokesman.
“The count down has begun for the fall of the Government. The State has been crippled by the agitation launched by the DMK for dumping the NEET. Functioning of the Government offices have come to a standstill following the agitation by Government employees,” said Saravanan, the DMK spokesman.
Senthil Balaji’s allegations come after reports of a team of Tamil Nadu police raided the resort in Coorg, Karnataka on Tuesday where some of the MLAs owing allegiance to TTV Dinakaran were staying.
Though the Tamil Nadu Government did not react to the allegations by Balaji, sources in Chennai Police said that the cops had gone to the resort in search of an MLA against whom a criminal complaint has been filed for charges of murder.
Dinakaran, who too was removed as the deputy general secretary of the party, too reiterated the charges by Balaji about the threats issued by the police. It may be remembered that the Palaniswami Government has been left with the support of 111 MLAs in the House which has an effective strength of 234. The opposition DMK has claimed that the Palaniswai Government was short of seven MLAs to have absolute majority in the House.
The DMK with the support of other opposition parties have launched multi-pronged agitations against the Government from Wednesday, said Saravanan. It held State-wide agitations demanding total exemption for Tamil Nadu from NEET . Various trade unions of Government employees affiliated to the DMK , CPI(M), CPI and VCK are agitating all over Tamil Nadu demanding the implementation of the recommendations of the Seventh Pay Commission, reverting the new pension scheme to the old scheme and scrapping of contributory pension scheme for employees.
“Palaniswami Government is surviving in office only because of the life-support offered by the BJP-led Centre. It is the BJP which is propping up this unpopular Government,” said Saravavan.
- Modi enlists measures taken by India to protect environment 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PM to start ‚ÄėKisaano se Charcha‚Äô on Feb 20 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Students ask Modi about his preparations for 2019 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- On Sept 13, 2013 Rahul visited Nirav show, next day loan was okayed: BJP 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Modi Govt allowed bank loot right under its nose: Cong 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rahul dissolves CWC, forms 34-member Steering Committee 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rlys to do away with paper reservation charts on coaches 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- India waiting for Maldives to end Emergency 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC: Poll candidates must disclose source of income 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Sikh radicalism in Canada to figure at Modi, Trudeau talks 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...