- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Cong names PCC members, some leaders conceal info
Even as names of Pradesh Congress Committee (PCC) members were declared on Tuesday, some State Congress leaders have been trying to conceal information and refusing to give the list in Lucknow on Tuesday.
“How can we now make the list of PCC members official when without selecting a single member, we passed a resolution of crowing Rahul Gandhi as Congress president with the help of PCC members several months back,” questioned a senior UP Congress leader.
Talking to media persons on conditions of anonymity, the leader revealed that PCC members across the country passed a similar resolution to make Rahul as Congress president. But the truth is that, not a single leader was officially made PCC member till then.
He claimed that before conducting a session of All India Congress Committee (AICC) scheduled for March 17 and 18, the list of PCC members has been made official but was circulated with confidentiality as otherwise the party would be facing with an embarrassing situation.
Interestingly, another Congress leader revealed that even now the list of about 1250 PCC members has not been made public. But a direct telephonic call has been made by respective district and city chiefs informing selected leaders and inviting them for AICC session. “Just like in September last year, when a PCC meeting was held at Lucknow without making the PCC members list official, now the AICC session would also conclude without declaring the names,” the leader disclosed. “Now after large scale resentment, senior leaders have asked to send names from all regions so that those leaders whose names could not be included due to various reasons, chould be included as ‘co-opted’ members,” the leader said.
- Disturbed at trends of unruly behaviour in legislatures: V-P 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Omar asks India-Pak to observe ceasefire 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Gujarat lagging behind in health, edu: Niti Aayog VC 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- No one can raise question on Govt‚Äôs integrity, intention: Rajnath 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Will take care of two sisters injured in LoC shelling: J&K Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Manduadih to be renamed Banaras railway station 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Another IndiGo A320neo aircraft withdrawn over engine concerns 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- BJP has learnt lessons from defeat: Yogi 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Goa‚Äôs mining body rules out immediate lay-offs 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Wild elephants live in harmony with locals in TN 19 Mar 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...