- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Did I-T raids prove my links? Lalu asks media
RJD boss Lalu Prasad, on whose 22 alleged premises had been raided by the Income Tax department on Tuesday last in Delhi and NCR, asked the authorities and the media to reveal which were the premises linked to him and what the sleuths recovered from there. “Which are these places? Why have I not received any notice?” he asked while talking to a section of electronic media on Friday.
Lalu in his irrepressible manner thundered that he has vowed to oust Narendra Modi-led NDA Government. “I have put down my feet like Angad and this Government will not survive its five-year term. I will not rest till this regime is ousted,” he said sitting on a single cane sofa with his legs crossed. “Gayi jawani phir na laute, BJP jitna bhi ghee malida khaye,” he chuckled in Bhojpuri accent.
However, Lalu got a setback on Friday when the Union Ministry of Forest and Environment ordered a stay on work on construction of Bihar’s biggest mall which is allegedly owned by Lalu family. Recently, senior BJP functionary Sushil Kumar Modi submitted a memorandum to the Ministry alleging irregularities and a soil scam involving Lalu and his elder son Tej Pratap who is Bihar’s Forest and Environment Minister.
Saying that the BJP was trying to sully his image by hurling allegations on him and his family, Lalu said he could have filed defamation case against them, but he did not. “BJP is worried over my call of rally of non-BJP parties for BJP hatao, Desh bachao (remove BJP, save country) on August 27 and want to gag my voice. But I will frustrate their conspiracies,” he said.
The RJD supremo has already spoken and invited leaders of different parties including AICC president Sonia Gandhi, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee, BSP head Mayawati and Odisha CM Navin Patnaik among others. Many of them have accepted his invitation. Bihar CM and JD(U) president Nitish Kumar on Monday last said he would attend if invited.
Taking on the Centre, Lalu alleged that the Government failed on all fronts and could do nothing in three years. In bid to divert the public attention, he said, it was raking up issues like Gau Raksha and triple talaq. “Some media houses are blindly supporting the Government and have also ganged up against me,” he alleged.
- ‘Lalu-Nitish chasm won’t affect ties’ 25 Jun 2017 | Faizan Ahmed
- Congress seeks rulling party MLAs’ resignation 25 Jun 2017 | Devyani Vyas/Vardha Pal
- EC rejects 21 AAP MLAs’ plea in office of profit case 25 Jun 2017 | PNS
- EC disqualifies MP Min, bars him from contesting elections for three years 25 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Five of 12 identified held, SP transferred 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Ramzan festivities reach peak on last Friday in Hyd 24 Jun 2017 | Omer Farooq
- BJP sweeps Karbi council elections 24 Jun 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Amnesty asks K’taka House to withdraw sentence to scribes 24 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Uddhav, arch rival Rane share stage 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Tension in Mau as man shot outside masjid 24 Jun 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...