Did I-T raids prove my links? Lalu asks media
RJD boss Lalu Prasad, on whose 22 alleged premises had been raided by the Income Tax department on Tuesday last in Delhi and NCR, asked the authorities and the media to reveal which were the premises linked to him and what the sleuths recovered from there. “Which are these places? Why have I not received any notice?” he asked while talking to a section of electronic media on Friday.
Lalu in his irrepressible manner thundered that he has vowed to oust Narendra Modi-led NDA Government. “I have put down my feet like Angad and this Government will not survive its five-year term. I will not rest till this regime is ousted,” he said sitting on a single cane sofa with his legs crossed. “Gayi jawani phir na laute, BJP jitna bhi ghee malida khaye,” he chuckled in Bhojpuri accent.
However, Lalu got a setback on Friday when the Union Ministry of Forest and Environment ordered a stay on work on construction of Bihar’s biggest mall which is allegedly owned by Lalu family. Recently, senior BJP functionary Sushil Kumar Modi submitted a memorandum to the Ministry alleging irregularities and a soil scam involving Lalu and his elder son Tej Pratap who is Bihar’s Forest and Environment Minister.
Saying that the BJP was trying to sully his image by hurling allegations on him and his family, Lalu said he could have filed defamation case against them, but he did not. “BJP is worried over my call of rally of non-BJP parties for BJP hatao, Desh bachao (remove BJP, save country) on August 27 and want to gag my voice. But I will frustrate their conspiracies,” he said.
The RJD supremo has already spoken and invited leaders of different parties including AICC president Sonia Gandhi, West Bengal CM Mamata Banerjee, BSP head Mayawati and Odisha CM Navin Patnaik among others. Many of them have accepted his invitation. Bihar CM and JD(U) president Nitish Kumar on Monday last said he would attend if invited.
Taking on the Centre, Lalu alleged that the Government failed on all fronts and could do nothing in three years. In bid to divert the public attention, he said, it was raking up issues like Gau Raksha and triple talaq. “Some media houses are blindly supporting the Government and have also ganged up against me,” he alleged.
- Green body imposes Rs 1L fine each on 4 rly stations for not complying with waste management rules 24 Oct 2017 | SR
- Man attacked for bursting firecrackers in Diwali; 2 arrested 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Relationship with India of strategic importance: US 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Will resolve all irritants in ties with B‚Äôdesh: Sushma 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- HFI seeks better quality of hemophilia drugs 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Vegetable prices shoot up 24 Oct 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Kharif crops in good condition despite rain: Agri Secy 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- SC asks Guj to apprise it of action taken against cops 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Milk adulteration: Govt all set to launch survey 24 Oct 2017 | Archana Jyoti
- AIADMK symbol fight: Dinakaran faction gets adjournment till Oct 30 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Oct 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A girl of around 18 years who was allegedly sexually assaulted at a sugarcane field by one of her relatives committed suicide by hanging herself from ceiling fan at her residence on Monday. No suicide note was received from the house, said police...