×
E-PAPER ▾

E-paper

Nation

Did I-T raids prove my links? Lalu asks media

| | PATNA

RJD boss Lalu Prasad, on whose 22 alleged premises had been raided by the Income Tax department on Tuesday last in Delhi and NCR, asked the authorities and the media to reveal which were the premises linked to him and what the sleuths recovered from there. “Which are these places? Why have I not received any notice?” he asked while talking to a section of electronic media on Friday.

Lalu in his irrepressible manner thundered that he has vowed to oust Narendra Modi-led NDA Government. “I have put down my feet like Angad and this Government will not survive its five-year term. I will not rest till this regime is ousted,” he said sitting on a single cane sofa with his legs crossed. “Gayi jawani phir na laute, BJP jitna bhi ghee malida khaye,” he chuckled in Bhojpuri accent.

However, Lalu got a setback on Friday when the Union Ministry of Forest and Environment  ordered a stay on work on construction of Bihar’s biggest mall which is allegedly owned by Lalu family. Recently, senior BJP functionary Sushil Kumar Modi submitted a memorandum to the Ministry alleging irregularities and a soil scam involving Lalu and his elder son Tej Pratap who is Bihar’s Forest and Environment Minister.

Saying that the BJP was trying to sully his image by hurling allegations on him and his family, Lalu said he could have filed defamation case against them, but he did not. “BJP is worried over my call of rally of non-BJP parties for BJP hatao, Desh bachao (remove BJP, save country) on August 27 and want to gag my voice. But I will frustrate their conspiracies,” he said.

The RJD supremo has already spoken and invited leaders of different parties including AICC president Sonia Gandhi, West Bengal CM  Mamata Banerjee, BSP head Mayawati and Odisha CM Navin Patnaik among others. Many of them have accepted his invitation. Bihar CM and JD(U) president Nitish Kumar on Monday last said he would attend if invited.

Taking on the Centre, Lalu alleged that the Government failed on all fronts and could do nothing in three years. In bid to divert the public attention, he said, it was raking up issues like Gau Raksha and triple talaq. “Some media houses are blindly supporting the Government and have also ganged up against me,” he alleged.

 
 
 
 
 

TOP STORIES

Sunday Edition

View All

‚ÄėAssault‚Äô on police driver: Action against Kerala ADGP

17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi

In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...

Read More

STATE EDITIONS

View All

IN BRIEF

23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi

MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...

Read More

Page generated in 0.2763 seconds.