Elderly in Guj to get healthcare services on doorstep
With a view to facilitate senior citizens, the Gujarat Government has launched a unique health plan for elderly in the State, wherein the elderly would get access to primary health monitoring at their doorsteps.
Explaining about the initiative Gujarat’s deputy Chief Minister Nitin Patel said that those above 70-years in age would need to get themselves registered with government hospital by paying a token amount of Rs 1000 and they would be provided all the basic health facilities at their doorsteps.
As part of the project, a team consisting of a doctor, staff nurse and an attendant, would visit the elderly every fortnight at their homes for routine check up and provide them consultancy for better health practices.
According to Patel the team would also carry all the requisite equipment with them and if required, they would provide primary treatment and also carry out primary health checkups, including monitoring Blood Pressure, ECG etc.
The team would also maintain history of the elderly by way of a health card issued to them. A token fee of Rs 200 would be charged for every such visit and in the beginning the project is being launched in Gandhinagar area as a pilot, before being rolled out across the State.
- India can be US partner in economic growth: Sarna 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Timings of Govt schools in Gurugram changed due to intense heat 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Is Centre planning another disruption by proposing changes in UPSC rules: PC 24 May 2018 | PTI
- No agreement with Pak on resolving Indus Waters Treaty dispute: World Bank 24 May 2018 | PTI
- SIT to probe extortion threats to 12 UP MLAs 24 May 2018 | PTI
- Yogi & Uddhav continue to exchange verbal fire 24 May 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Nurse body with injury marks found in J&K hospital 24 May 2018 | PNS
- Security guard of BJP activist decamps with his service rifle 24 May 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Tried to check in with girl, detained at hotel 24 May 2018 | Khursheed Wani
- Gujarat advisory for cops post Jadeja‚Äôs wife attack 24 May 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...