- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Five non-MLA Ministers face tough task to get UP House membership
The ruling Bharatiya Janata Party is likely to face a herculean task in arranging vacant seats for five Ministers including Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath in the State Legislature and get them elected in the next six months.
CM Yogi Adityanath along with his two deputies Keshav Prasad Maurya and Dinesh Sharma are not members of any House of the legislature. Besides, two Ministers— Swatantra Deo Singh and the lone Muslim face and cricketer Mohsin Raza, are also not members of any House. This has created more problems for the party.
Since the vacancy of Legislative Council will occur only in May, 2018, hence there is no other way but to hold by-elections of either House after which the members will be asked to pave way for these Ministers.
At present there is no vacancy in Assembly and the Government would be appointing an Anglo-Indian representative as 404th member of the House soon.
Similarly, two Lok Sabha seats, Gorakhpur represented by CM Yogi Adityanath and Phulpur seat by Keshav Prasad Maurya would fall vacant once they were elected to the State Legislature in the next six months.
The by-elections to Gorakhpur Parliament seat would also be interesting as since 1989, the seat has been represented by the heir to the Gorakhsnath peeth. Hence, the BJP candidate for Gorakhpur seat could be assumed as heir apparent to Yogi Adityanath.
However,a senior party leader said that there was no problem for the entry of Ministers in the State Legislature.” The leadership has already worked out the issue and in the days to come a clear picture would emerge,”he hinted.
Yogi is a five-time MP from Gorakhpur seat while Keshav Maurya won Phulpur seat for the first time in 2014 Lok Sabha elections after being elected from Sirathu Assembly seat of Kaushambi in 2012.
Dinesh Sharma on the other hand is two-time Mayor from Lucknow and his term expires in next three months.
Former MLC, Swantradeo Singh was the in-charge of Bundelkhand region during the Assembly polls where the BJP won all 19 seats in this elections.
Mohsin Raza, has no political background though it was reported that Manipur Governor Najma Heptullah is his close relative. Raza, a cricketer, has played for UP in Ranji Trophy in a couple of matches and had joined the BJP in 2013.
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...