- Don't muzzle Constitution: Cong on Naidu's decision to reject impeachment notice
- Metro girder collapses in Ghaziabad
- CJI, other judges sat at 10.45 AM to undertake court proceedings
- Swamy hails VP's decision rejecting impeachment notice
- Shiv Sena leader Sachin Sawant shot dead in Mumbai
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against CJI
Govt unveils National Biotech Development Strategy 2015-2020
In tune with the Modi Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Science and Technology Ministry on Wednesday unveiled the National Biotechnology Development Strategy -2015-2020 aiming to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub. It intends to launch a major mission, backed with significant investments, for the creation of new biotech products, create a strong infrastructure for R&D and commercialization and empower India’s human resources scientifically and technologically, said Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan here after unveiling the programme.
He said as the biotechnology industry has the potential to grow like the IT industry over the next ten years and beyond, the strategy will provide impetus to utilising the knowledge and tools to the advantage of Humanity, launch a major well directed mission backed with significant investment for generation of new biotech products and empower scientifically and technologically India’s incomparable Human Resource.
Building a skilled workforce and leadership, revitalising the knowledge environment at par with the growing bio-economy and ensuring a transparent, efficient and globally best Regulatory system and communication strategy will be the part of the strategy among others.
“The key elements would be implemented in collaboration and partnership with other ministries, departments, State Governments and international agencies towards achieving the launch of four major missions - healthcare, food and nutrition, clean energy and education besides creating a technology development and translation network across the country with global partnership, five new clusters, forty biotech incubators and 20 bio-connect centres.
- Strikes by lawyers no answer to filling of HC vacancies: SC 23 Apr 2018 | IANS
- Gold worth over Rs 2 cr stolen from I-T office in Kota, three arrested 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Modi hails BJP workers for Jharkhand civic polls victory 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- IMA disappointed with PM Modi‚Äôs remarks on docs 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Wang Yi to be China‚Äôs new special representative for border talks with India 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sushma meets counterpart, discusses India-China ties 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Harassed by immigration officials on Bangla border: Pregnant woman 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- UP Govt constructed 55L toilets during 2017-18 23 Apr 2018 | PNS
- JKNPP demands early deportation of Rohingyas, Bangladeshis 23 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Shocking rise in child rape cases in Kerala 23 Apr 2018 | VR Jayaraj
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Apr 2018 | Nityanand Dubey | Garhwa
Altogether 275 cases were resolved in National Lok Adalat held under the aegis of District Legal Services Authority under the chairmanship of PDJ Mahesh Chandra Verma on Sunday at Civil Court Garhwa. Five benches were formed for the hearing of the cases...