Govt unveils National Biotech Development Strategy 2015-2020
In tune with the Modi Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Science and Technology Ministry on Wednesday unveiled the National Biotechnology Development Strategy -2015-2020 aiming to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub. It intends to launch a major mission, backed with significant investments, for the creation of new biotech products, create a strong infrastructure for R&D and commercialization and empower India’s human resources scientifically and technologically, said Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan here after unveiling the programme.
He said as the biotechnology industry has the potential to grow like the IT industry over the next ten years and beyond, the strategy will provide impetus to utilising the knowledge and tools to the advantage of Humanity, launch a major well directed mission backed with significant investment for generation of new biotech products and empower scientifically and technologically India’s incomparable Human Resource.
Building a skilled workforce and leadership, revitalising the knowledge environment at par with the growing bio-economy and ensuring a transparent, efficient and globally best Regulatory system and communication strategy will be the part of the strategy among others.
“The key elements would be implemented in collaboration and partnership with other ministries, departments, State Governments and international agencies towards achieving the launch of four major missions - healthcare, food and nutrition, clean energy and education besides creating a technology development and translation network across the country with global partnership, five new clusters, forty biotech incubators and 20 bio-connect centres.
- Govt aims record foodgrain output 26 Apr 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Joint doctrine of Army, Navy, IAF unveiled 26 Apr 2017 | PNS
- SC grants divorce to tortured man, asks him to pay wife Rs 1.5 crore 26 Apr 2017 | Abraham Thomas
- NAAC asked to overhaul accreditation process for higher edu institutes 26 Apr 2017 | PNS
- HC asks CBI to probe hotel-grabbing charge against PC’s kin 26 Apr 2017 | pns
- Modi promises help to Nepal in 1st local elections in 20 years 26 Apr 2017 | PNS
- TN-based green crusader’s initiatives appreciated 26 Apr 2017 | Archana Jyoti
- Naidu: Why rights activists silent on Naxal attack on CRPF jawans? 26 Apr 2017 | PNS
- Mixed response to bandh call in TN 26 Apr 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Cong seeks PM's reply to KCR on Muslim quota 26 Apr 2017 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
23 Apr 2017 | Ananya Borgohain
Author Pilar Maria Guerrieri discusses with ANANYA BORGOHAIN how the maps of Delhi from the 19th century onwards document the evolution of the Capital through the Mughal era, pre and post colonial periods, and the contemporary times Please tell us a little about yourself. I am an Italian but since my childhood, I have seen my parents travel to India...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Apr 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
There is a bad news for government employees and students as the Yogi government has decided to curtail 15 holidays which were announced by the previous governments on the birth and death anniversaries of eminent personalities. The state cabinet which met in Lucknow on Tuesday took the decision...