Govt unveils National Biotech Development Strategy 2015-2020
In tune with the Modi Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Science and Technology Ministry on Wednesday unveiled the National Biotechnology Development Strategy -2015-2020 aiming to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub. It intends to launch a major mission, backed with significant investments, for the creation of new biotech products, create a strong infrastructure for R&D and commercialization and empower India’s human resources scientifically and technologically, said Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan here after unveiling the programme.
He said as the biotechnology industry has the potential to grow like the IT industry over the next ten years and beyond, the strategy will provide impetus to utilising the knowledge and tools to the advantage of Humanity, launch a major well directed mission backed with significant investment for generation of new biotech products and empower scientifically and technologically India’s incomparable Human Resource.
Building a skilled workforce and leadership, revitalising the knowledge environment at par with the growing bio-economy and ensuring a transparent, efficient and globally best Regulatory system and communication strategy will be the part of the strategy among others.
“The key elements would be implemented in collaboration and partnership with other ministries, departments, State Governments and international agencies towards achieving the launch of four major missions - healthcare, food and nutrition, clean energy and education besides creating a technology development and translation network across the country with global partnership, five new clusters, forty biotech incubators and 20 bio-connect centres.
- Aanakkada full of real life stories about elephants 29 May 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- ‘SP, BSP spreading canard against Yogi Govt’ 29 May 2017 | PNS
- Patidar member hurls shoe at Union Minister 29 May 2017 | PNS
- Major reshuffle of PCS officers in UP 29 May 2017 | PNS
- Increase in false rape plaints in Rampur: Police 29 May 2017 | PTI
- Guj Govt swings into action after Zika confirmation 29 May 2017 | NAYAN DAVE
- KCR to open his cards only after NDA, Opp announce Prez candidates’ names 29 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Andhra CM Naidu keen to continue with BJP 29 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Forest land to be converted into revenue villages: Yogi 29 May 2017 | PNS
- Shutdown, curfew in Valley hit normal life 29 May 2017 | Khursheed Wani
Sunday EditionView All
28 May 2017 | Omer Farooq | Hyderabad
The love marriage of an Upper Caste girl with a lower caste boy has ended in a grisly tragedy. As the girl ended her life due to harassment of her family, police have arrested her father T Srinivas Reddy on the charges of murdering his son-in-law Amboji Naresh...
STATE EDITIONSView All
29 May 2017 | PRAGYA PALLAVI/ PARVINDER BHATIA/ ASHIS SINHA | Ranchi/ Jamshedpur/ Bokaro
Harsh Shah of DAV Public School, Pundag, grabbed the first position in the State in science stream by scoring 97.8 per cent marks in the All India Senior Secondary School Certificate Exam (AISSSCE) results declared on Sunday...