- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Govt unveils National Biotech Development Strategy 2015-2020
In tune with the Modi Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Science and Technology Ministry on Wednesday unveiled the National Biotechnology Development Strategy -2015-2020 aiming to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub. It intends to launch a major mission, backed with significant investments, for the creation of new biotech products, create a strong infrastructure for R&D and commercialization and empower India’s human resources scientifically and technologically, said Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan here after unveiling the programme.
He said as the biotechnology industry has the potential to grow like the IT industry over the next ten years and beyond, the strategy will provide impetus to utilising the knowledge and tools to the advantage of Humanity, launch a major well directed mission backed with significant investment for generation of new biotech products and empower scientifically and technologically India’s incomparable Human Resource.
Building a skilled workforce and leadership, revitalising the knowledge environment at par with the growing bio-economy and ensuring a transparent, efficient and globally best Regulatory system and communication strategy will be the part of the strategy among others.
“The key elements would be implemented in collaboration and partnership with other ministries, departments, State Governments and international agencies towards achieving the launch of four major missions - healthcare, food and nutrition, clean energy and education besides creating a technology development and translation network across the country with global partnership, five new clusters, forty biotech incubators and 20 bio-connect centres.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Smart practices elude Jammu, Srinagar 21 Jan 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- Anti-Corruption sleuths grill ex-Assam Min Bora 21 Jan 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Former PM slams neo-nationalism, meddling in campus matters 21 Jan 2017 | PNS
- ED arrests Surat chaiwala’s son for illegalLy converting demonetised notes 21 Jan 2017 | PNS
- Guv turning Assam’s Raj Bhavan into RSS office: Tarun Gogoi 21 Jan 2017 | IANS
- Head of Dalit family killed in massacre dies of cardiac arrest 21 Jan 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Centre spends Rs 3.09 on each new Rs 500 note it prints: RTI 21 Jan 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Rupani’s budget on Feb 21 to decide fate of BJP in Guj polls 21 Jan 2017 | PNS
- ‘India not seeking NSG seat as gift’ 20 Jan 2017 | PNS
- No room for third party on J&K issue: India to UK 20 Jan 2017 | PNS
21 Jan 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Left Front has drawn up a mega campaign strategy for UP Assembly elections and roped in around 70 national leasders from Left parties’ to be star campaigners. The list includes: Sitaram Yechury, Tripura CM Manik Sarkar, Brinda Karat, Mohammad Salim, Sudhakar Reddy, D Raja, Deepankar Bhattarchajee and several others...
I want to personally thank Obama (and Michelle) for changing my life. His courage and compassion created equality for everyone.
My father has care and concern for others. You can’t control the world; you can only control your reaction.
Virat (Kohli) has showed a lot of trust in me and it was very important for me that people in the dressing room trust me.