- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Govt unveils National Biotech Development Strategy 2015-2020
In tune with the Modi Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Science and Technology Ministry on Wednesday unveiled the National Biotechnology Development Strategy -2015-2020 aiming to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub. It intends to launch a major mission, backed with significant investments, for the creation of new biotech products, create a strong infrastructure for R&D and commercialization and empower India’s human resources scientifically and technologically, said Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan here after unveiling the programme.
He said as the biotechnology industry has the potential to grow like the IT industry over the next ten years and beyond, the strategy will provide impetus to utilising the knowledge and tools to the advantage of Humanity, launch a major well directed mission backed with significant investment for generation of new biotech products and empower scientifically and technologically India’s incomparable Human Resource.
Building a skilled workforce and leadership, revitalising the knowledge environment at par with the growing bio-economy and ensuring a transparent, efficient and globally best Regulatory system and communication strategy will be the part of the strategy among others.
“The key elements would be implemented in collaboration and partnership with other ministries, departments, State Governments and international agencies towards achieving the launch of four major missions - healthcare, food and nutrition, clean energy and education besides creating a technology development and translation network across the country with global partnership, five new clusters, forty biotech incubators and 20 bio-connect centres.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Show enthusiasm, study science: PM 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Panel: Proper desiltation only improves hydraulic performance of the river 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Jaishankar to raise Indians’ security during his US visit 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Bihar babus vow to protest against ‘witch-hunting’ 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Khadi commission meet at Sabarmati Ashram for first time in over 61 yrs 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- BSF constable shoots self at LoC 27 Feb 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Grapevine 27 Feb 2017 | Pioneer
- Donkey, Kasab: Phase-V campaigning at new low 27 Feb 2017 | Virendra Nath Bhatt
- BJP intends to breach SP fort 27 Feb 2017 | Shalabh Saxena
- Modi, not BJP, attracts voters in Cong bastions 27 Feb 2017 | Biswajeet Banerjee
27 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | Bhubaneswar
The Block Grant teachers have threatened to take to streets once again in March and are planning to intensify their agitation by various means, including boycott of evaluation of answer scripts. The Block Grant teachers in the high schools had boycotted the PRI election over the Government’s apathy towards their demand for suitable salary...
She (Mayawati) can enter into an understanding with the BJP anytime. Actually she is helping the BJP. One must be careful.
Look at the vast range of roles portrayed by Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep or Halley Berry. Their works are my inspiration.
You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what happened in Sweden. They took in large numbers (immigrants).