Govt unveils National Biotech Development Strategy 2015-2020
In tune with the Modi Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Science and Technology Ministry on Wednesday unveiled the National Biotechnology Development Strategy -2015-2020 aiming to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub. It intends to launch a major mission, backed with significant investments, for the creation of new biotech products, create a strong infrastructure for R&D and commercialization and empower India’s human resources scientifically and technologically, said Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan here after unveiling the programme.
He said as the biotechnology industry has the potential to grow like the IT industry over the next ten years and beyond, the strategy will provide impetus to utilising the knowledge and tools to the advantage of Humanity, launch a major well directed mission backed with significant investment for generation of new biotech products and empower scientifically and technologically India’s incomparable Human Resource.
Building a skilled workforce and leadership, revitalising the knowledge environment at par with the growing bio-economy and ensuring a transparent, efficient and globally best Regulatory system and communication strategy will be the part of the strategy among others.
“The key elements would be implemented in collaboration and partnership with other ministries, departments, State Governments and international agencies towards achieving the launch of four major missions - healthcare, food and nutrition, clean energy and education besides creating a technology development and translation network across the country with global partnership, five new clusters, forty biotech incubators and 20 bio-connect centres.
- UP schoolgirls forced to strip: 12 staffers axed 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- DAVP spent about Rs 1,286 crore in 2016-17: Govt 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Uniquely placed to deliver on commitments on SDG, India assures UN 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Pak summons Indian envoy over ceasefire violations 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Diplomatic channels ‚Äėunimpeded‚Äô to resolve Sikkim standoff: China 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- 28 die as bus falls into gorge in Shimla 21 Jul 2017 | PNS
- 455 cases of unruly air travellers since 2016: Govt 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- Harmanpreet hits 171 as India pile up 281/4 21 Jul 2017 | PTI
- India warns Pak DGMO against targeting schoolchildren at LoC 21 Jul 2017 | PNS
- RS members criticise ban by airlines on MPs 21 Jul 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
16 Jul 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
The Congress would launch a protest campaign both against the Centre as well as UP Government starting from next month. “People are feeling the pinch of unpopular decision of Modi Government like demonetisation, GST etc so now we will raise the people voice by protesting on all the district head-quarters in the State on August 9 on occasion of August Kranti Day”, disclosed chairman of the UPCC media...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Jul 2017 | SANJEEV JHA | Ranchi
In perhaps the most ruthless chidings so far the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) had been waiting for, three member of Jharkhand Assembly Public Accounts Committee (PAC) has after its maiden visit to the premier institute on Thursday said that the largest public hospital was a total failure on every counts with nothing in the institute happening the way it was expected to take place. Chaired by JMM MLA Stephen...