Govt unveils National Biotech Development Strategy 2015-2020
In tune with the Modi Government’s ‘Make in India’ initiative, the Science and Technology Ministry on Wednesday unveiled the National Biotechnology Development Strategy -2015-2020 aiming to establish India as a world-class bio-manufacturing hub. It intends to launch a major mission, backed with significant investments, for the creation of new biotech products, create a strong infrastructure for R&D and commercialization and empower India’s human resources scientifically and technologically, said Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan here after unveiling the programme.
He said as the biotechnology industry has the potential to grow like the IT industry over the next ten years and beyond, the strategy will provide impetus to utilising the knowledge and tools to the advantage of Humanity, launch a major well directed mission backed with significant investment for generation of new biotech products and empower scientifically and technologically India’s incomparable Human Resource.
Building a skilled workforce and leadership, revitalising the knowledge environment at par with the growing bio-economy and ensuring a transparent, efficient and globally best Regulatory system and communication strategy will be the part of the strategy among others.
“The key elements would be implemented in collaboration and partnership with other ministries, departments, State Governments and international agencies towards achieving the launch of four major missions - healthcare, food and nutrition, clean energy and education besides creating a technology development and translation network across the country with global partnership, five new clusters, forty biotech incubators and 20 bio-connect centres.
- Rs 20 cr drugs seized; 2 held 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Myanmar officials: Insurgents killed 45 Hindu villagers 26 Sep 2017 | AP
- Ask traders on GST impact: PC to BJP 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Indo-US Def relationship not at exclusion of others: Mattis 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Saubhagya is repackaging of UPA Govt‚Äôs 2005 scheme: NCP 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as CAG 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- CBI court dismisses plea of Ram Rahim‚Äôs ex-driver 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Dera Sacha chief approaches HC, challenges CBI court conviction 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Fugitive Honey moves HC for transit anticipatory bail 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- India slams Pak for using fake pic at UN 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Matikala Board is organising ‘Mati ki Mehak’ exhibition-cum-sale and state level prize distribution ceremony at Gauhar Mahal on September 26. The ceremony will be inaugurated by Cottage and Gramodyog Minister Antar Singh Arya at 7 pm...