- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Guj CM to launch meal@Rs 10 for labourers today
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will kick-start ‘Shramik Annapurna Yojana’ (Labour Meal Scheme) for construction workers on Tuesday.
Under the scheme construction workers will get healthy and nutritious food at an affordable rate of Rs 10 per meal. Workers involved masonary works will get benefit of the scheme.
Initially the scheme will be implemented in five major cities including Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara and the state capital Gandhinagar.
‘’After considering the problem to prepare meal early in the morning, State Government adopted a sensitive approach to give workers healthy meal in the morning at Kadia Nakas (a place where masions gathered early in the morning to get daily work), said a communiqué of State Labour and Employment department, adding that already 83 sites of Kadia Nakas have been identified in these cities where more than 5 lakh workers will get benefit of the scheme instantly.
The Gujarat Government has earmarked Rs 50 crore for the scheme. As number of labourers working in construction sector would increase, the allocation for the scheme too will be enhanced. The State Government will add more cities in near future under the scheme.
To get benefit of the scheme, workers will have to register themselves and after that process they would get identity cards. After paying Rs 10 on specially prepared booths for the schemes at Kadia Naka sites during 7 am to 11 am they need to produce their identity cards and they will get healthy and nutritious food.
Typical Gujarati vegetarian food including Roti, Thepla, mix vegetable subji, cereals, rice, pickle, green chilly in a platter. They will get ‘Sukhadi’ — a Gujarati sweet once in a week. According to State Labour Minister Dilip Thakor, every meal is costing Rs 29 but labourers will have to pay only Rs 10 and rest of the cost will be borne by the State Government.
- Modi enlists measures taken by India to protect environment 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PM to start ‚ÄėKisaano se Charcha‚Äô on Feb 20 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Students ask Modi about his preparations for 2019 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- On Sept 13, 2013 Rahul visited Nirav show, next day loan was okayed: BJP 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Modi Govt allowed bank loot right under its nose: Cong 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rahul dissolves CWC, forms 34-member Steering Committee 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rlys to do away with paper reservation charts on coaches 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- India waiting for Maldives to end Emergency 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC: Poll candidates must disclose source of income 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Sikh radicalism in Canada to figure at Modi, Trudeau talks 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...