Guj CM to launch meal@Rs 10 for labourers today
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will kick-start ‘Shramik Annapurna Yojana’ (Labour Meal Scheme) for construction workers on Tuesday.
Under the scheme construction workers will get healthy and nutritious food at an affordable rate of Rs 10 per meal. Workers involved masonary works will get benefit of the scheme.
Initially the scheme will be implemented in five major cities including Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara and the state capital Gandhinagar.
‘’After considering the problem to prepare meal early in the morning, State Government adopted a sensitive approach to give workers healthy meal in the morning at Kadia Nakas (a place where masions gathered early in the morning to get daily work), said a communiqué of State Labour and Employment department, adding that already 83 sites of Kadia Nakas have been identified in these cities where more than 5 lakh workers will get benefit of the scheme instantly.
The Gujarat Government has earmarked Rs 50 crore for the scheme. As number of labourers working in construction sector would increase, the allocation for the scheme too will be enhanced. The State Government will add more cities in near future under the scheme.
To get benefit of the scheme, workers will have to register themselves and after that process they would get identity cards. After paying Rs 10 on specially prepared booths for the schemes at Kadia Naka sites during 7 am to 11 am they need to produce their identity cards and they will get healthy and nutritious food.
Typical Gujarati vegetarian food including Roti, Thepla, mix vegetable subji, cereals, rice, pickle, green chilly in a platter. They will get ‘Sukhadi’ — a Gujarati sweet once in a week. According to State Labour Minister Dilip Thakor, every meal is costing Rs 29 but labourers will have to pay only Rs 10 and rest of the cost will be borne by the State Government.
- Inbrief 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Counselling for mgmt MBBS seats put off in Puducherry 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- As tomato prices touch Rs 100, traders in Indore ask for security guards 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- HC asks Mumbai cops to ensure no minor hurts self in Muharram 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- 30K seized liquor bottles destroyed in Patna 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- SC refuses to monitor investigation into killings of Kashmiri Pandits 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Aborting 26-week foetus of 10-yr-old rape survivor risky? PGI Chandigarh told to examine 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Outgoing Prez: The journey continues 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėBabus being dictators over car-free CP‚Äô 25 Jul 2017 | Sapna Singh
- Exec-Council of first national aviation varsity constituted 25 Jul 2017 | Deepak Kumar Jha
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jul 2017 | PNS | HAZARIBAGH
The Hazaribagh district unit of Sanskar Bharti organized Rangoli-Mehndi competition in the premises of Hindu +2 High School. Despite continuous rain 140 participated in the Rangoli competition and 78 in Mehndi competition...