Guj CM to launch meal@Rs 10 for labourers today
Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani will kick-start ‘Shramik Annapurna Yojana’ (Labour Meal Scheme) for construction workers on Tuesday.
Under the scheme construction workers will get healthy and nutritious food at an affordable rate of Rs 10 per meal. Workers involved masonary works will get benefit of the scheme.
Initially the scheme will be implemented in five major cities including Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Surat, Vadodara and the state capital Gandhinagar.
‘’After considering the problem to prepare meal early in the morning, State Government adopted a sensitive approach to give workers healthy meal in the morning at Kadia Nakas (a place where masions gathered early in the morning to get daily work), said a communiqué of State Labour and Employment department, adding that already 83 sites of Kadia Nakas have been identified in these cities where more than 5 lakh workers will get benefit of the scheme instantly.
The Gujarat Government has earmarked Rs 50 crore for the scheme. As number of labourers working in construction sector would increase, the allocation for the scheme too will be enhanced. The State Government will add more cities in near future under the scheme.
To get benefit of the scheme, workers will have to register themselves and after that process they would get identity cards. After paying Rs 10 on specially prepared booths for the schemes at Kadia Naka sites during 7 am to 11 am they need to produce their identity cards and they will get healthy and nutritious food.
Typical Gujarati vegetarian food including Roti, Thepla, mix vegetable subji, cereals, rice, pickle, green chilly in a platter. They will get ‘Sukhadi’ — a Gujarati sweet once in a week. According to State Labour Minister Dilip Thakor, every meal is costing Rs 29 but labourers will have to pay only Rs 10 and rest of the cost will be borne by the State Government.
- Internet like thing existed in Mahabharata era: Tripura Guv 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Six-month-old girl found dead in MP 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sohrabuddin case: Two more CBI witnesses turn hostile 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Mumbai-based CA leaves Rs 100-cr biz to become Jain monk 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- IRCTC case: Court fixes time for CBI to procure sanction to prosecute Lalu 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- SC to hear on Mon plea against dilution of anti-dowry law 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Modi joins world leaders for CHOGM retreat in UK 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- PM arrives in Germany to hold talks with Merkel 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Central Rly recovers Rs 153 cr in fines for ticketless travel 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
- HC to Rlys: Visually impaired need human assistance, not wheelchair 21 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
15 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal on Saturday inspected Anand Vihar ISBT area and reviewed issues related to traffic, parking, encroachment and sanitation. He directed Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System Ltd (DIMTS) and East Delhi Municipal Corporation to remove all unauthorised encroachments near the entry point of Anand Vihar ISBT and surrounding footpaths to facilitate easy movement of pedestrians...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Apr 2018 | Mukesh Ranjan | Ranchi
Billed as a test run for the Lok Sabha and Assembly elections slated next year, the BJP captured major chunk of top seats in 34 urban local bodies, including five municipal corporations in the State, Ranchi, Hazaribagh, Adityrapur, Giridih and Medininagar, elections for which were held on April 16. The outcome demonstrated that that the urban voters have reposed faith in the BJP, the ruling party in the State...