- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
Gujarat MLA gets life term in murder case
BJP MLA from Gondal assembly constituency in Rajkot district was sentenced to life term by Gujarat High Court in a murder case on Friday.
The bench of Justice Akil Kureshi and Justice B N Biren Vaishnav gave the verdict against Jadeja and two of his associates Amarjitsinh Jadeja and Mahendrasinh Rana. The court has ordered all the three accused to surrender before the police before the beginning of October.
With this development Jadeja could be disqualified as a legislator unless he gets relief from Supreme Court going forward. Jadeja first became Gondal legislator on a BJP ticket in 1998 and then in 2002. In 2012, he even defeated now BJP office-bearer and former home minister Gordhan Zhadaphia to win Gondal seat. Zhadaphia had contested the seat as candidate from Gujarat Parivartan Party founded by former Gujarat CM Keshubhai Patel.
As a result of political rivalry Jadeja had allegedly killed Nilesh Raiyani in the year 2004 by firing from point blank range. Raiyani and Jadeja were political rivals within same party, who were locked in a dispute over a 35-acre land of erstwhile royal family of Gondal. The trouble began when a guy named Vikramsinh Rana, a close aide of Jadeja, was killed in 2003 over disputed land. The allegations were that faction of Vinu Shingara, who also happened to be district BJP Yuva Morcha president, was involved in this murder. Later in 2004, Vinu Shingara too got murdered. It was alleged that Jadeja was involved with this murder. However, Jadeja was acquitted in the case. Raiyani was close aide of Shigara and hence he too was eliminated.
- Punjab Govt approves hike in income limit of OBC 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Opp wants 1 day Kerala Session to table solar scam report 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Gujarat Govt doles out sops ahead of polls 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Taj Mahal is a mausoleum built on Shiva temple: Vinay Katiyar 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Motorcycle used in killing RSS leader recovered: Police 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- PM asks babus to break silos to speed up work 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- 13 arrested for alleged assault on court team 19 Oct 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- 14-yr-old Dalit raped, killed in Shahjahenpur 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- NSCN(K) chairman elected chief of UNLFW 19 Oct 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Heavy rain warning for AP, Telangana 19 Oct 2017 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | Ranchi
There may be glaring gender disparity in the top courts, including Supreme Court and various high courts in the country, but Jharkhand is all set to get gender balance in appointment of judges in subordinate judiciary at the entry level. Of the 46 candidates recommended by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) a few days back to be appointed as Civil Judge (Junior division), earlier known as Munsif Magistrates, 22 are...