Hardik Patel, 59 others booked for rioting at BJP councillor’s house
The 24-year-old leader of Patidar Anamant Andolan Samiti (PAAS), Hardik Patel and 59 others were booked in a case of rioting at a Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) councilor’s house in the wee hours of Monday.
According to police, Hardik and 59 others had gathered at House of Paresh Patel, Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation councillor from Vastral at around 2.00 am. They had gathered there to protest against arrest of one of their associates Krunal Patel, against whom Paresh Patel had filed a complaint of posting an objectionable message on social media.
Patel and his associates allegedly set BJP flag on fire and the councillor in his FIR claimed that he was issued a death threat too. The police is learnt to have arrested 11 persons in the case and is said to be on the lookout for Hardik and his other associates.
Meanwhile, Krunal Patel, on being released on bail alleged that he was beaten up by the police. PAAS, on the other hand, in a statement said that the gherao of councillor’s house was just a “trailer” and if need be they would even gherao chief minister’s house. PAAS led by Hardik is demanding reservation in government jobs and education institutes under OBC category since July 2015.
- Trump thanks India for Afghanistan development 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- MHA to Delhi cops: Act against Golf Club for N-E bias 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Congress slams Govt over US reference to ‘Indian-controlled J&K’ 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘India a land of opportunities’ 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘US global terrorist call on HM chief will choke his financing’ 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Presidential poll not a Dalit vs Dalit fight, says Meira 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Cong deliberately refuses to see US visit outcomes, retorts Venkaiah 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Opp targets PM on India-US joint statement 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Cruise Tourism to be a game changer: Min 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Youth jumps from 30-feet high metro station to avoid fine, survives 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jun 2017 | PNS | CHANDIGARH
After introducing a policy on purchase of land voluntarily offered for development projects, Haryana Government on Tuesday launched a web portal to provide a database of such available land and land sale offers in the State. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched “ebhoomiharyana...