- Bullet-riddled body of man working for Army found: police
- Violent threats not acceptable in democracy: Venkaiah Naidu
- Steep fare hike will 'kill' Delhi Metro: Kejriwal
- Pakistan justifies Hafiz Saeed's release
- President urges legal fraternity to provide free services to poor
- Egypt army launches offensive against militants after deadly mosque attack
Haryana Police quizzes staff at Ryan school group HQ in Mumbai
Two officers from the Haryana Police today questioned the staff of Ryan International School in suburban Kandivali in connection with the killing of a boy on the institution's premises in Gurugram.
However, no member of the Pinto family, which runs the chain of schools, was quizzed on Tuesday by the sleuths from Haryana, police said.
The two policemen, one of whom is an inspector-level officer, and some officials from the city police, arrived at the school in Kandivali that serves as the headquarters of the Ryan International Group of Institutions around 12.30 pm.The questioning continued till 7.30 pm, a senior police official said.
The city police was not part of the investigation, he said. "The Haryana police officers questioned the school staff in connection with the murder of a boy in Gurugram. The Mumbai Police was not part of the investigation...As per our information, no member of the Pinto family was questioned today," Vinaykumar Rathod, DCP Zone XII, told PTI.
Meanwhile, the Bombay High Court today granted interim protection from arrest to the group's founding chairman, Augustine Pinto, and the manging director, Grace Pinto, till tomorrow in connection with the killing of the boy.They had yesterday approached the high court seeking anticipatory bail apprehending arrest in the case.
The seven-year-old boy was found dead with his throat slit in the washroom of the school in Gurugram
- Solution to reverse Delhi's air pollution lies in Haryana, Punjab: Kejriwal 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- MP CM derides use of mummy-papa, dad instead of ‚Äėmata-pita' 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India sends 3k family bags to Rakhine state 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Visit Oxygen Chamber for a breath of fresh air 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India can become role model in growth of children: UNICEF 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Multi-State mock drill on tsunami preparedness held 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- By-elections in four States on December 21 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Capital witnesses coldest Nov 24 morning in 11 yrs 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Hardik gets Y category security after threat 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Assam Min blames it on media, says sorry for Cancer controversy 25 Nov 2017 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Gautam Nagar police have nabbed a miscreant on Friday on the charge of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at Gautam Nagar on Friday. Police said that the accused Raj Sharma sexually assaulted the victim who was on her way home in the afternoon...