Haryana Police quizzes staff at Ryan school group HQ in Mumbai
Two officers from the Haryana Police today questioned the staff of Ryan International School in suburban Kandivali in connection with the killing of a boy on the institution's premises in Gurugram.
However, no member of the Pinto family, which runs the chain of schools, was quizzed on Tuesday by the sleuths from Haryana, police said.
The two policemen, one of whom is an inspector-level officer, and some officials from the city police, arrived at the school in Kandivali that serves as the headquarters of the Ryan International Group of Institutions around 12.30 pm.The questioning continued till 7.30 pm, a senior police official said.
The city police was not part of the investigation, he said. "The Haryana police officers questioned the school staff in connection with the murder of a boy in Gurugram. The Mumbai Police was not part of the investigation...As per our information, no member of the Pinto family was questioned today," Vinaykumar Rathod, DCP Zone XII, told PTI.
Meanwhile, the Bombay High Court today granted interim protection from arrest to the group's founding chairman, Augustine Pinto, and the manging director, Grace Pinto, till tomorrow in connection with the killing of the boy.They had yesterday approached the high court seeking anticipatory bail apprehending arrest in the case.
The seven-year-old boy was found dead with his throat slit in the washroom of the school in Gurugram
- Interim SNJPC report likely to be submitted to SC by next month: Chairman 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Will consult legal experts on appealing against Cauvery verdict: TN CM 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Two cops martyred in Sukma gun battle 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- DU student from N-E molested, assaulted in Mukherjee Nagar 19 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Cong looking for scam to throw mud on Govt: Nirmala 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- France‚Äôs bank interested in funding smart cities mission 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC slams life insurance firms for denying policy claim 19 Feb 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Govt for model inclusive school in each district, block 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Law Min mum on whether people of Indian origin can campaign in polls 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Grapevine 19 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...