- HC refuses to stay framing of charges against Tejpal
- We've right to shoot down US bombers outside our airspace: N.Korea
- Any claim of declaring war on N Korea absurd: White House
- India exposes Pakistan's use of fake photo at UN; shows image of own terror victim
- Haryana Police conducts raids in Delhi for Honeypreet, Aditya Insan
Haryana Police quizzes staff at Ryan school group HQ in Mumbai
Two officers from the Haryana Police today questioned the staff of Ryan International School in suburban Kandivali in connection with the killing of a boy on the institution's premises in Gurugram.
However, no member of the Pinto family, which runs the chain of schools, was quizzed on Tuesday by the sleuths from Haryana, police said.
The two policemen, one of whom is an inspector-level officer, and some officials from the city police, arrived at the school in Kandivali that serves as the headquarters of the Ryan International Group of Institutions around 12.30 pm.The questioning continued till 7.30 pm, a senior police official said.
The city police was not part of the investigation, he said. "The Haryana police officers questioned the school staff in connection with the murder of a boy in Gurugram. The Mumbai Police was not part of the investigation...As per our information, no member of the Pinto family was questioned today," Vinaykumar Rathod, DCP Zone XII, told PTI.
Meanwhile, the Bombay High Court today granted interim protection from arrest to the group's founding chairman, Augustine Pinto, and the manging director, Grace Pinto, till tomorrow in connection with the killing of the boy.They had yesterday approached the high court seeking anticipatory bail apprehending arrest in the case.
The seven-year-old boy was found dead with his throat slit in the washroom of the school in Gurugram
- Rs 20 cr drugs seized; 2 held 26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter
- Myanmar officials: Insurgents killed 45 Hindu villagers 26 Sep 2017 | AP
- Ask traders on GST impact: PC to BJP 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Indo-US Def relationship not at exclusion of others: Mattis 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Saubhagya is repackaging of UPA Govt‚Äôs 2005 scheme: NCP 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Former Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi takes over as CAG 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- CBI court dismisses plea of Ram Rahim‚Äôs ex-driver 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Dera Sacha chief approaches HC, challenges CBI court conviction 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Fugitive Honey moves HC for transit anticipatory bail 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
- India slams Pak for using fake pic at UN 26 Sep 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | AFP | Berlin
Chancellor Angela Merkel and her rival Martin Schulz rallied voters on the eve of Sunday’s vote, urging Germans to shun the first hard-right party expected to enter parliament in force since the end of World War II. Merkel, the clear frontrunner after 12 years in power with a double-digit lead, also told her conservative base not to get complacent and to cast their ballots, rousing them with a folksy call to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
26 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Whether it is State government or Centre, they are looting people to fill treasury by increasing petrol and diesel prices and making holes in the pockets of common man, alleged Leader of Opposition in the State assembly Ajay Singh. Singh has raised demand of waiver of VAT and tax on petrol and diesel...