Hyderabad to get facelift ahead of Global Entrepreneur Summit-2017
Elated over getting the right to host the Global Entrepreneur Summit 2017 in Hyderabad, the Telangana Government has decided to go all out to refurbish and beautify the city’s infrastructure and roads specially in the areas to be visited by the delegates from all over the world.
The summit to be co-hosted by India and the United States will see President Donald Trump’s daughter Ivanka Trump leading the US delegation.
The announcement of Ivanka’s attendance was made by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Twitter and the same was retweeted by Trump and Ivanka.
The summit which will bring the entrepreneurs and startups with the investors from all over the world will be the biggest global meet to be held in Hyderabad since the formation of Telangana three years ago.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi, Minister for External Affairs Sushma Swaraj and host of other Union Ministers will also attend the summit.
Both the Chief Minister K Chandrasekhar Rao and Information Technology Minister K Taraka Rama Rao thanked the Prime Minister for choosing Hyderabad as the Summit venue.
"Government will not spare any effort to make the event a grand success", Chief Minister said.
KTR said the Government would make sure that the event would show case the potential of the state and the country before the global community.
November end when the three day summit will be held will also see another big development when the Prime Minister Narendra Modi would launch the first phase of the Hyderabad Metro Rail project from Nagole at one end to Miyapur at another.
- Inshort 19 Aug 2017 | Pioneer
- Central Govt official praises Telangana's land survey 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Postage stamp featuring Mithila headgear issued 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Govt slow in investigating irregularities in Adani‚Äôs inflated invoicing: Cong 19 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Delhi tourist raped at Hyd guest house on Aug 15 night 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- CPI(M) complains to Min over MTNL internet blackout for last 7 days 19 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Tripura Govt not to go to court on Sarkar speech 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- No info from Pak on ad-hoc judge for Jadhav case: MEA 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Reports of BrahMos sale to Vietnam incorrect: Govt 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- 11 mn people hit due to floods in India: Report 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
Solar power plants having total capacity of 2,467 kWp have been installed at various places including industries in Chhattisgarh in 2016-17, the Central Government has informed. Notably, Chhattisgarh Government has decided to identify more potentially rich areas for installation of renewable energy projects and carry out advance planning for evacuation and transmission of power in an effective and coordinated manner...