- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
IAS officer's son arrested for murder of cab driver
Hyderabad city police have taken into custody the son of an IAS officer in connection with the murder of a cab driver in Hyderabad.
G Venkatesh, son of IAS officer G Venkateshwara Rao was taken into custody on Monday after the body of a cab driver Bhukya Nagaraju was found stuffed in a bag left on the terrace of an apartment in Yusufguda area.
Police said that the local people had alerted them after foul smell started emanating from the apartment. A search led the police to the terrace where the mutilated body was found on Sunday.
Police sources said that they zeroed on the suspect with the help of the CCTV footage, which showed the suspect and driver going into the apartment but the suspect coming back alone.
Eyewitnesses said that the two had gone on the terrace of the apartment on Friday night. Police suspect that due to some enmity the son of the IAS officer stabbed the driver to death and left his body there in a bag.
On Saturday night he tried to take away the bag but when questioned by the residents he left the bag and fled from the scene. When the residents found foul smell emanating from the bag they informed the police.
Police said that the suspect Venkatesh was living with his mother, the estranged wife of the IAS officer. Investigations were on to find the cause of the murder. Suspect’s father works as the joint director in Telangana Government’s agriculture department. Victim Nagaraju was working as a driver for the officer.
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...