- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
IAS officer's son arrested for murder of cab driver
Hyderabad city police have taken into custody the son of an IAS officer in connection with the murder of a cab driver in Hyderabad.
G Venkatesh, son of IAS officer G Venkateshwara Rao was taken into custody on Monday after the body of a cab driver Bhukya Nagaraju was found stuffed in a bag left on the terrace of an apartment in Yusufguda area.
Police said that the local people had alerted them after foul smell started emanating from the apartment. A search led the police to the terrace where the mutilated body was found on Sunday.
Police sources said that they zeroed on the suspect with the help of the CCTV footage, which showed the suspect and driver going into the apartment but the suspect coming back alone.
Eyewitnesses said that the two had gone on the terrace of the apartment on Friday night. Police suspect that due to some enmity the son of the IAS officer stabbed the driver to death and left his body there in a bag.
On Saturday night he tried to take away the bag but when questioned by the residents he left the bag and fled from the scene. When the residents found foul smell emanating from the bag they informed the police.
Police said that the suspect Venkatesh was living with his mother, the estranged wife of the IAS officer. Investigations were on to find the cause of the murder. Suspect’s father works as the joint director in Telangana Government’s agriculture department. Victim Nagaraju was working as a driver for the officer.
- Aadhaar cards seized from Rohingya Muslims in Jammu 25 Mar 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- NSCN(IM) talks: Muivah’s claim triggers protests in Assam 25 Mar 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Petrol, beer to become dearer in Goa 25 Mar 2017 | Mayabhushan
- Didi dares BJP to ‘raid Bengal’ 25 Mar 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Maha docs assure HC to resume work today 25 Mar 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- BJP’s protest march against Telangana minority quota foiled 25 Mar 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Telangana Government to get Aseemanand’s bail cancelled 25 Mar 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Not every educated person gets job: Court 25 Mar 2017 | PTI
- SC seeks EC response to PIL on EVM security 25 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Apex Court calls for closure records in anti-Sikh riots cases 25 Mar 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
19 Mar 2017 | Rajesh Singh
Is the marginalisation of the two caste-based parties in Uttar Pradesh a harbinger of change — from identity politics to the politics of development? If we take the 2014 and 2017 elections together, that does seem to be the suggestion, writes RAJESH SINGH Understanding an election result as monumental as that of Uttar Pradesh is akin to unravelling a deep thriller plot. The why, when, where, how and what — this...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Mar 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Adityanath Yogi carried out a minor reshuffle in five ministers on Friday. A government spokesman said that Labour minister Swamy Prasad Maurya has been given additional charge of Co-ordination ministry while he has been divested of Urban employment and poverty alleviation and the charge of these ministries have been given to Urban Development minister Suresh Khanna...