- Yogi unveils booklet on achievements; promises development
- No discussion on H-1B during Modi-Trump meeting
- SC refuses interim order agst Centre's notification on Aadhaar
- China accuses Indian troops of 'crossing boundary' in Sikkim section
- India, US to cooperate against JeM, LeT; ask Pak to rein in terror groups
- With hugs and praise, Modi and Trump strike rapport
IAS officer's son arrested for murder of cab driver
Hyderabad city police have taken into custody the son of an IAS officer in connection with the murder of a cab driver in Hyderabad.
G Venkatesh, son of IAS officer G Venkateshwara Rao was taken into custody on Monday after the body of a cab driver Bhukya Nagaraju was found stuffed in a bag left on the terrace of an apartment in Yusufguda area.
Police said that the local people had alerted them after foul smell started emanating from the apartment. A search led the police to the terrace where the mutilated body was found on Sunday.
Police sources said that they zeroed on the suspect with the help of the CCTV footage, which showed the suspect and driver going into the apartment but the suspect coming back alone.
Eyewitnesses said that the two had gone on the terrace of the apartment on Friday night. Police suspect that due to some enmity the son of the IAS officer stabbed the driver to death and left his body there in a bag.
On Saturday night he tried to take away the bag but when questioned by the residents he left the bag and fled from the scene. When the residents found foul smell emanating from the bag they informed the police.
Police said that the suspect Venkatesh was living with his mother, the estranged wife of the IAS officer. Investigations were on to find the cause of the murder. Suspect’s father works as the joint director in Telangana Government’s agriculture department. Victim Nagaraju was working as a driver for the officer.
- Punjab & Haryana HC order permitting cops to take voice sample in graft case stayed 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Kovind to meet J&K MPs, MLAs at Mufti’s residence tomorrow 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Bodies of 4 of a family killed in Gulmarg brought to Nagpur 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Faridabad lynching: Muslims wear black bands during Eid Namaz in protest 27 Jun 2017 | PNS
- ‘Not In My Name': Thousands pledge to march for Junaid 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Man's forearm ripped off by crocodile while saving dogs 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- K’taka polls: BJP to hold survey for distributing tickets 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Yogi skips Eidgah visit, Akhilesh takes swipe 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Yogi Govt counts pluses, Opp minuses 27 Jun 2017 | PTI
- GJM delegation hands over resignation from GTA to Guv 27 Jun 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 Jun 2017 | MUKESH RANJANA | Ranchi
Baffled with regular incidents of chain, wallet and mobile snatching in the State Capital, Ranchi police will now work on a multi-pronged strategy after conducting thorough mapping of the areas, targets, timing, modus operandi etc. of the incidents taking place in the recent days and ensure that the culprits are caught immediately after committing the crime...