IAS officer's son arrested for murder of cab driver
Hyderabad city police have taken into custody the son of an IAS officer in connection with the murder of a cab driver in Hyderabad.
G Venkatesh, son of IAS officer G Venkateshwara Rao was taken into custody on Monday after the body of a cab driver Bhukya Nagaraju was found stuffed in a bag left on the terrace of an apartment in Yusufguda area.
Police said that the local people had alerted them after foul smell started emanating from the apartment. A search led the police to the terrace where the mutilated body was found on Sunday.
Police sources said that they zeroed on the suspect with the help of the CCTV footage, which showed the suspect and driver going into the apartment but the suspect coming back alone.
Eyewitnesses said that the two had gone on the terrace of the apartment on Friday night. Police suspect that due to some enmity the son of the IAS officer stabbed the driver to death and left his body there in a bag.
On Saturday night he tried to take away the bag but when questioned by the residents he left the bag and fled from the scene. When the residents found foul smell emanating from the bag they informed the police.
Police said that the suspect Venkatesh was living with his mother, the estranged wife of the IAS officer. Investigations were on to find the cause of the murder. Suspect’s father works as the joint director in Telangana Government’s agriculture department. Victim Nagaraju was working as a driver for the officer.
- Didi‚Äôs PM dream stokes House stance opposite Rahul 18 Dec 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- J&K snowfall: Mughal Road closed for 8th day 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Yogi lauds PAC for smooth conduct of Gujarat elections 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Yogi launches Saubhagya scheme from UP‚Äôs Unnao 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Youth killed in Valley crossfire, probe ordered 18 Dec 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Law, order issue likely to rock UP Houses 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Amar Singh bats for Ram Mandir 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Jaitley calls for radical judicial, edu reforms 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Work to integrate Brahmos on 40 Sukhoi aircraft begins 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Immovable property acquisition Bill in LS today 18 Dec 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Police are investigating different possibilities in the case of the two men found dead at the Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan on Friday. The bodies of Kamal Ram, a native of Rudraprayag and Sonu Kumar of Dehradun were found at Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan near Haridwar Bypass...