IAS officer's son arrested for murder of cab driver
Hyderabad city police have taken into custody the son of an IAS officer in connection with the murder of a cab driver in Hyderabad.
G Venkatesh, son of IAS officer G Venkateshwara Rao was taken into custody on Monday after the body of a cab driver Bhukya Nagaraju was found stuffed in a bag left on the terrace of an apartment in Yusufguda area.
Police said that the local people had alerted them after foul smell started emanating from the apartment. A search led the police to the terrace where the mutilated body was found on Sunday.
Police sources said that they zeroed on the suspect with the help of the CCTV footage, which showed the suspect and driver going into the apartment but the suspect coming back alone.
Eyewitnesses said that the two had gone on the terrace of the apartment on Friday night. Police suspect that due to some enmity the son of the IAS officer stabbed the driver to death and left his body there in a bag.
On Saturday night he tried to take away the bag but when questioned by the residents he left the bag and fled from the scene. When the residents found foul smell emanating from the bag they informed the police.
Police said that the suspect Venkatesh was living with his mother, the estranged wife of the IAS officer. Investigations were on to find the cause of the murder. Suspect’s father works as the joint director in Telangana Government’s agriculture department. Victim Nagaraju was working as a driver for the officer.
- Triple talaq issue reached SC because AIMPLB failed to act, says Bukhari 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Survivors recount Muzaffarnagar train tragedy 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- China dashes Rajnath‚Äôs hope of early solution 23 Aug 2017 | PTI
- India welcomes Trump‚Äôs pledge to confront terrorism 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Make development a mass movement: Modi 23 Aug 2017 | PNS/Agencies
- Parl panel calls for national database of corrupt PMGSY contractors 23 Aug 2017 | Archana Jyoti
- It will liberate Muslim women: Arif Mohd Khan 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- TRP wars result in faux pas by news channels 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Centre to send advisory to States to ensure compliance 23 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Centre rules out need for new law 23 Aug 2017 | PNS/Agencies
Sunday EditionView All
20 Aug 2017 | AFP | Washington
The entire President’s Committee on the Arts and the Humanities, that includes Indian-Americans Jhumpa Lahiri and Kal Penn, has resigned over President Donald Trump’s controversial remarks after the racist violence in Virginia. In a letter signed by 16 of 17 committee members, including author Lahiri and actor Penn, Trump’s decision to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change has also been cited as a reason for their resignation...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Aug 2017 | PNS | Jamshedpur
In a shocking case of negligence, a 17-year-old minor girl delivered a child on the road, nearly 30 meters from the Chandil community health center, in neighbouring Seraikel-Kharsawan, on Tuesday morning. According to reports, despite request there was delay in sending of ambulance for the girl who was crying in pain and delivered a girl child on the road and was later carried on an auto-rickshaw to the hospital...