India, Belarus sign 10 pacts, focus on ramping economic engagement
India and Belarus on Tuesday inked 10 pacts to expand cooperation in a range of areas and decided to explore joint development and manufacture of military platforms, giving a fresh momentum in bilateral ties.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Belarus President A G Lukashenko, during their extensive talks, also agreed to focus on ramping up economic engagement between the two countries, holding that there was a huge scope for boosting trade and investment.
“We will encourage joint development and manufacturing in defence sector under the ‘Make in India’ programme,” Modi said in a media statement.
The Prime Minister said he and Lukashenko reviewed the “architecture” of India-Belarus partnership and exchanged ideas to expand it.The pacts inked provided for enhancing bilateral cooperation in a variety of areas, including oil and gas, education and sports.
- Bhagwat attends RSS camp on ST community 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Earring taken out from kid‚Äôs windpipe 20 Jun 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Experts compare Marxism with different socio-economic orders 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Ex-Cong MLA Jai Kishen to hold protest against AAP, BJP 20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter
- PC files plea to quash June 12 order 20 Jun 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
- India to construct war memorial at Villers Guislain in France 20 Jun 2018 | PTI
- After sex-change, Lalita reports to duty as cop Lalit 20 Jun 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Leaders facing no threat get police security in Kerala 20 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj
- 5 charred to death in UP hotel inferno 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Triple murder rocks Mathura 20 Jun 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
20 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A 35-year-old woman’s body was recovered from an autorickshaw at Rethghat under Talaiya police station area late in the night on Monday. Sensation prevailed in Retghat area on Monday night after body of a woman was recovered the auto rickshaw and after spotting the woman police were informed...