- China to build world-class armed forces by mid-21st century: Xi
- CM is expected to encourage parking of vehicles in designated places: LG
- 4 injured as security forces fire on mob after 'braid chopping incident'
- Trump celebrates Diwali at White House, hails Indian-American community
- India can help US to keep an eye on Pakistan: Haley
India deploys more troops along China border
In a strategically key move, India has poured in more troops along the entire stretch of its border with China in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh in the face of heightened rhetoric by Beijing over the Dokalam standoff, senior Government officials
said on Friday. The “caution level” among the troops has also been raised, the
The decision to increase the deployment along the nearly 1,400-km Sino-India border from Sikkim to Arunachal Pradesh was taken after carrying out a detailed analysis of the situation and considering China’s aggressive posturing against India on Dokalam, the officials said.
“The troop level along the border with China in the Sikkim and Arunachal sectors has been increased,” said the officials on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information.
The Army’s Sukna-based 33 Corps as well as 3 and 4 corps based in Arunachal and Assam are tasked to protect the sensitive Sino-India border in the eastern theatre.
The officials declined to give any figure or percentage of increased deployment, saying they cannot disclose “operational details.”
According to defence experts, roughly 45,000 troops including personnel having completed the weather acclimatisation process are normally kept ready along the border at any given
time, but not all are necessarily deployed.
- Punjab Govt approves hike in income limit of OBC 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Opp wants 1 day Kerala Session to table solar scam report 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Gujarat Govt doles out sops ahead of polls 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Taj Mahal is a mausoleum built on Shiva temple: Vinay Katiyar 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Motorcycle used in killing RSS leader recovered: Police 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- PM asks babus to break silos to speed up work 19 Oct 2017 | PTI
- 13 arrested for alleged assault on court team 19 Oct 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- 14-yr-old Dalit raped, killed in Shahjahenpur 19 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- NSCN(K) chairman elected chief of UNLFW 19 Oct 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Heavy rain warning for AP, Telangana 19 Oct 2017 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Oct 2017 | SUMAN K SHRIVASTAVA | Ranchi
There may be glaring gender disparity in the top courts, including Supreme Court and various high courts in the country, but Jharkhand is all set to get gender balance in appointment of judges in subordinate judiciary at the entry level. Of the 46 candidates recommended by the Jharkhand Public Service Commission (JPSC) a few days back to be appointed as Civil Judge (Junior division), earlier known as Munsif Magistrates, 22 are...