- EC acting like BJP's puppet, PM's 'roadshow' violation of model code: Congress
- Jaitley casts his vote, asks people to vote for development
- 2nd phase of Gujarat polls: 10% voting in 2 hours
- Dalit woman rape: Court awards death sentence to labourer
- Not undergone any makeover, BJP distorted my image: Rahul Gandhi
- Leaders pay homage to Parliament attack victims; Manmohan greets Modi
- Ex-Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda convicted in coal scam case
- Govt shelves Dec 31 deadline on Aadhaar, PAN in financial dealings
- Kerala seeks Rs 1,843 cr from Centre for Ockhi damage
- SC stalls Centre's takeover of Unitech
India deploys more troops along China border
In a strategically key move, India has poured in more troops along the entire stretch of its border with China in Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh in the face of heightened rhetoric by Beijing over the Dokalam standoff, senior Government officials
said on Friday. The “caution level” among the troops has also been raised, the
The decision to increase the deployment along the nearly 1,400-km Sino-India border from Sikkim to Arunachal Pradesh was taken after carrying out a detailed analysis of the situation and considering China’s aggressive posturing against India on Dokalam, the officials said.
“The troop level along the border with China in the Sikkim and Arunachal sectors has been increased,” said the officials on condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the information.
The Army’s Sukna-based 33 Corps as well as 3 and 4 corps based in Arunachal and Assam are tasked to protect the sensitive Sino-India border in the eastern theatre.
The officials declined to give any figure or percentage of increased deployment, saying they cannot disclose “operational details.”
According to defence experts, roughly 45,000 troops including personnel having completed the weather acclimatisation process are normally kept ready along the border at any given
time, but not all are necessarily deployed.
- Kasuri dismisses Modi‚Äôs claim as ‚Äėstrange story with no basis‚Äô 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Telangana Govt showers sops on Home Guards 14 Dec 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Tamil Nadu cop shot dead by robbers in Rajasthan 14 Dec 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Cyclone Ockhi: Toll rises to 66 in Kerala 14 Dec 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Quantum of punishment to be announced today 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- UP Assembly Winter Session from today 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Yogi Govt to disband Waqf Tribunal in Rampur, shifts it to Lucknow 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Gujarat phase-2 polls today 14 Dec 2017 | Nayan Dave
- PM to induct INS Kalvari into Indian Navy 14 Dec 2017 | PNS
- PM asks MEA, Water Resources to find out why Brahmaputra turned black 14 Dec 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
14 Dec 2017 | PNS | DALTONGANJ
Following a directive from Secretary of Higher and Technical Education and Skill Development, Ajoy Kumar Singh, who in the meeting with the VCs the State universities on Tuesday in Ranchi asked to launch an intensive drive for the registration of the pass students of session 2015, 2016 and 2017 for placement, VC of Nilamber Pitamber University SN acknowledged going after this directive. Briefing newsmen here SN Singh said, “The...