India seeks details of Jadhav trial, appeal process from Pakistan
With time running short for an appeal in the court in ex-Indian Navy official Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case, India has officially sought from Pakistan the details of his trial proceedings and the process for appeal in the case.
Besides, India also made a fresh request for consular access to Jadhav on Wednesday through a note verbale handed over to Pakistan deputy High Commissioner Haider Shah. This is India’s 15th request for Consular access to Jadhav. Pakistan is yet to respond to India’s requests on Jadhav, who has been given death penalty by a Pakistan Army’s Field General Court Martial (FGCM) on charges of spying. Jadhav was awarded death sentence on April 10, 2017 and has 60 days to appeal.
Ten days have already passed after the FGCM order and India has not got any formal response to its request for copy order, chargesheet and trial proceedings. India has also asked for summary of evidence and medical report of Jadhav and sought Pakistan for assistance with a lawyer to defend Jadhav in the appeal court. In addition, India has also sought visas for Jadhav’s family members to visit Pakistan for the legal process.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay said on Thursday that India awaits formal response from Pakistan to its demands. “Kulbhushan Jadhav’s health and his condition is a matter of concern for us. We don’t know anything about Jadhav’s location or condition in Pakistan,” Baglay said.
- India successfully test-fires BrahMos supersonic cruise 22 May 2018 | PTI
- KVIC sets world record on World Honey-Bee Day 22 May 2018 | PNS
- China calls mining report near Arunachal border ‚Äėgroundless‚Äô 22 May 2018 | IANS
- Modi tells students he saw a Putin different from the President 22 May 2018 | PTI
- PM invokes Vajpayee to assert strong bond between India, Russia 22 May 2018 | PTI
- Indo-Russian ties enjoy strategic partnership: Modi to Putin 22 May 2018 | PTI
- NHRC issues notice to UP Govt over 13 hooch deaths 22 May 2018 | PNS
- UP police pledges to fight subversive forces on Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary 22 May 2018 | PNS
- Rly to close 150 yrs old rail section in Patna for road 22 May 2018 | Faizan Ahmad
- Stamped ballot papers lay strewn in Bengal boondocks 22 May 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 May 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A women’s youth camp under Go Rurban camp with the objective to connect rural and urban youth together will be held at village Sijora district Dindori. The basic idea of the camp is to build a stronger bridge in order to fill the gap between rural and urban society...