- Poll verdict a lesson to Congress for criticising Gujarat model: Adityanath
- When celebrations turned sombre at Congress office
- Modi flashes victory sign as BJP close to winning Gujarat, Himachal
- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
India seeks details of Jadhav trial, appeal process from Pakistan
With time running short for an appeal in the court in ex-Indian Navy official Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case, India has officially sought from Pakistan the details of his trial proceedings and the process for appeal in the case.
Besides, India also made a fresh request for consular access to Jadhav on Wednesday through a note verbale handed over to Pakistan deputy High Commissioner Haider Shah. This is India’s 15th request for Consular access to Jadhav. Pakistan is yet to respond to India’s requests on Jadhav, who has been given death penalty by a Pakistan Army’s Field General Court Martial (FGCM) on charges of spying. Jadhav was awarded death sentence on April 10, 2017 and has 60 days to appeal.
Ten days have already passed after the FGCM order and India has not got any formal response to its request for copy order, chargesheet and trial proceedings. India has also asked for summary of evidence and medical report of Jadhav and sought Pakistan for assistance with a lawyer to defend Jadhav in the appeal court. In addition, India has also sought visas for Jadhav’s family members to visit Pakistan for the legal process.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay said on Thursday that India awaits formal response from Pakistan to its demands. “Kulbhushan Jadhav’s health and his condition is a matter of concern for us. We don’t know anything about Jadhav’s location or condition in Pakistan,” Baglay said.
- Didi‚Äôs PM dream stokes House stance opposite Rahul 18 Dec 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- J&K snowfall: Mughal Road closed for 8th day 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Yogi lauds PAC for smooth conduct of Gujarat elections 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Yogi launches Saubhagya scheme from UP‚Äôs Unnao 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Youth killed in Valley crossfire, probe ordered 18 Dec 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Law, order issue likely to rock UP Houses 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Amar Singh bats for Ram Mandir 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Jaitley calls for radical judicial, edu reforms 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Work to integrate Brahmos on 40 Sukhoi aircraft begins 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Immovable property acquisition Bill in LS today 18 Dec 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Police are investigating different possibilities in the case of the two men found dead at the Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan on Friday. The bodies of Kamal Ram, a native of Rudraprayag and Sonu Kumar of Dehradun were found at Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan near Haridwar Bypass...