- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
India seeks details of Jadhav trial, appeal process from Pakistan
With time running short for an appeal in the court in ex-Indian Navy official Kulbhushan Jadhav’s case, India has officially sought from Pakistan the details of his trial proceedings and the process for appeal in the case.
Besides, India also made a fresh request for consular access to Jadhav on Wednesday through a note verbale handed over to Pakistan deputy High Commissioner Haider Shah. This is India’s 15th request for Consular access to Jadhav. Pakistan is yet to respond to India’s requests on Jadhav, who has been given death penalty by a Pakistan Army’s Field General Court Martial (FGCM) on charges of spying. Jadhav was awarded death sentence on April 10, 2017 and has 60 days to appeal.
Ten days have already passed after the FGCM order and India has not got any formal response to its request for copy order, chargesheet and trial proceedings. India has also asked for summary of evidence and medical report of Jadhav and sought Pakistan for assistance with a lawyer to defend Jadhav in the appeal court. In addition, India has also sought visas for Jadhav’s family members to visit Pakistan for the legal process.
External Affairs Ministry spokesperson Gopal Baglay said on Thursday that India awaits formal response from Pakistan to its demands. “Kulbhushan Jadhav’s health and his condition is a matter of concern for us. We don’t know anything about Jadhav’s location or condition in Pakistan,” Baglay said.
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...