Jaya Bachchan richest Member of Parliament?
Actor-turned-politician Jaya Bachchan could possibly be India’s richest Member of Parliament. Jaya, who is married to Bollywood megastar and legend Amitabh Bachchan filed her nomination as an Samajwadi Party candidate for the Rajya Sabha polls recently. In the affidavit submitted by the actress, it has been declared that the couple owns assets worth Rs 1,000 crore. The record was held until now by BJP’s Ravindra Kishore Sinha, who declared assets worth Rs 800 crore in 2014.
Jaya had declared assets worth Rs 493 crore in 2012. Jaya is a three-time MP and was first elected to the Upper House by the Samajwadi Party in 2004 till March 2006. She got a second term from June 2006 and was re-elected in 2012 for the third term. Her third term comes to an end on April 3.
Jaya filed her nomination as an SP candidate for the Rajya Sabha polls on Friday which required her to declare her assets. Her declared worth would put her above BJP MP Ravindra Kishore Sinha. When Sinha entered the Rajya Sabha in 2014, he declared assets worth Rs 800 crore.
Now Jaya and her husband, Amitabh Bachchan have immovable assets worth Rs 460 crore includes 3,175 sqm residential property in Brignogan Plage in France. They also have additional properties in Noida, Bhopal, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Gandhinagar. Their movable assets have risen to Rs 540 crore. Amitabh Bachchan owns a 3-acre agricultural plot worth Rs 5.7 crore in Barabanki while Jaya Bachchan owns a 1.22-hectare plot worth Rs 2.2 crore in Kakori, Uttar Pradesh.
The couple have gold worth Rs 62 crore. While Amitabh has gold worth Rs 36 crore, Jaya owns jewellery worth Rs 26 crore. They have 12 cars worth Rs 13 crore- the models include Rolls Royce, three Mercedes, a Porsche and a Range Rover. Amitabh also owns a Tata Nano car and a tractor.
- Avoid posting fake items on social media, Shah tells BJP workers 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Govt sets up panels under task force for implementing drone tech 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- AirAsia passengers allege rude behaviour by airline staff, Govt assures appropriate action 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- UP ATS arrests Gorakhpur terror funding mastermind in Maharashtra 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Kerala woman, lover get 23 years in jail for poisoning husband with cyanide in Oz 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Sena blames BJP for current situation in J&K 22 Jun 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- New alliance in Tamil Nadu in offing 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Indian ethos, values should guide next CEA: RSS affiliate 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Rajnath on three-day Mongolia visit for talks 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Sushma, Nirmala to begin first US 2+2 Dialogue on July 6 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...