- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Jaya Bachchan richest Member of Parliament?
Actor-turned-politician Jaya Bachchan could possibly be India’s richest Member of Parliament. Jaya, who is married to Bollywood megastar and legend Amitabh Bachchan filed her nomination as an Samajwadi Party candidate for the Rajya Sabha polls recently. In the affidavit submitted by the actress, it has been declared that the couple owns assets worth Rs 1,000 crore. The record was held until now by BJP’s Ravindra Kishore Sinha, who declared assets worth Rs 800 crore in 2014.
Jaya had declared assets worth Rs 493 crore in 2012. Jaya is a three-time MP and was first elected to the Upper House by the Samajwadi Party in 2004 till March 2006. She got a second term from June 2006 and was re-elected in 2012 for the third term. Her third term comes to an end on April 3.
Jaya filed her nomination as an SP candidate for the Rajya Sabha polls on Friday which required her to declare her assets. Her declared worth would put her above BJP MP Ravindra Kishore Sinha. When Sinha entered the Rajya Sabha in 2014, he declared assets worth Rs 800 crore.
Now Jaya and her husband, Amitabh Bachchan have immovable assets worth Rs 460 crore includes 3,175 sqm residential property in Brignogan Plage in France. They also have additional properties in Noida, Bhopal, Pune, Ahmedabad, and Gandhinagar. Their movable assets have risen to Rs 540 crore. Amitabh Bachchan owns a 3-acre agricultural plot worth Rs 5.7 crore in Barabanki while Jaya Bachchan owns a 1.22-hectare plot worth Rs 2.2 crore in Kakori, Uttar Pradesh.
The couple have gold worth Rs 62 crore. While Amitabh has gold worth Rs 36 crore, Jaya owns jewellery worth Rs 26 crore. They have 12 cars worth Rs 13 crore- the models include Rolls Royce, three Mercedes, a Porsche and a Range Rover. Amitabh also owns a Tata Nano car and a tractor.
- Disturbed at trends of unruly behaviour in legislatures: V-P 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Omar asks India-Pak to observe ceasefire 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Gujarat lagging behind in health, edu: Niti Aayog VC 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- No one can raise question on Govt‚Äôs integrity, intention: Rajnath 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Will take care of two sisters injured in LoC shelling: J&K Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Manduadih to be renamed Banaras railway station 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Another IndiGo A320neo aircraft withdrawn over engine concerns 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- BJP has learnt lessons from defeat: Yogi 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Goa‚Äôs mining body rules out immediate lay-offs 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Wild elephants live in harmony with locals in TN 19 Mar 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...