- Poll verdict a lesson to Congress for criticising Gujarat model: Adityanath
- When celebrations turned sombre at Congress office
- Modi flashes victory sign as BJP close to winning Gujarat, Himachal
- Poll results approval of Modi govt's policies: Rajnath Singh
- 12 killed in fire at a shop in Mumbai
- BJP poised to take power in Himachal
- After early hiccups, BJP set to retain power in Gujarat
- Cong to build alternative narrative based on fairness,jobs for all: Chidambaram
- AIADMK battles war within; actors eye political vacuum in TN
- DRDO has key role in 'Make in India' programme: Sitharaman
- BJP supporters scuttle programme in memory of Nirbhaya: AAP
Jointly grill Mukul, me: Ghosh to CBI
A day after Mukul Roy resigned from Trinamool Congress which he co-founded with Mamata Banerjee, a new character made a dramatic entry into the ongoing high-pitch political drama in Bengal laying into the former Railway Minister for absolving himself and the Chief Minister from chit fund charges.
Alleging that Roy was one of those who had influenced the course of chit fund probe in multi-crore Saradha case suspended TMC MP Kunal Ghosh on Thursday asked the CBI to jointly interrogate him and Roy to dig up many hidden facts.
“The course of interrogation has been influenced in the Saradha case and Mukul Roy is of those persons who did it. If I, Kunal Ghosh had to spend years in jail why not other co-accused persons,” Ghosh said “disbelieving” Roy’s statement that Banerjee and himself were not aware of the scam taking place.
“Do you want me to believe that the general secretary of a party was unaware of the scam in which so many leaders were involved” Ghosh said adding, “I have already written to the CBI for jointly interrogating Mukul Roy and myself and watch how many facts tumble out.”
He said “if Roy is not associated with chit fund then nobody is,” asking what one of the main accused Rajat Majumdar a former DG, Police did in Roy’s official residence at Nizam Palace in Kolkata. “Before going to jail Rajat Majumdar had only two places to go, the Sharada office and Mukul Roy’s residence at Nizam Palace,” he said.
- Didi‚Äôs PM dream stokes House stance opposite Rahul 18 Dec 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- J&K snowfall: Mughal Road closed for 8th day 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Yogi lauds PAC for smooth conduct of Gujarat elections 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Yogi launches Saubhagya scheme from UP‚Äôs Unnao 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Youth killed in Valley crossfire, probe ordered 18 Dec 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Law, order issue likely to rock UP Houses 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Amar Singh bats for Ram Mandir 18 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Jaitley calls for radical judicial, edu reforms 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Work to integrate Brahmos on 40 Sukhoi aircraft begins 18 Dec 2017 | PTI
- Immovable property acquisition Bill in LS today 18 Dec 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
Sunday EditionView All
17 Dec 2017 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The State Government has recommended to the Shree Jagannath Temple Administration (SJTA) to stop entry of devotees into the sanctum sanctorum (Garvagriha) of the shrine. In a letter to the SJTA, the Government has asked for restrictions on darshan of the deities by devotees, including VIPs...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Police are investigating different possibilities in the case of the two men found dead at the Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan on Friday. The bodies of Kamal Ram, a native of Rudraprayag and Sonu Kumar of Dehradun were found at Sant Nirankari Satsang Bhawan near Haridwar Bypass...