- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Jointly grill Mukul, me: Ghosh to CBI
A day after Mukul Roy resigned from Trinamool Congress which he co-founded with Mamata Banerjee, a new character made a dramatic entry into the ongoing high-pitch political drama in Bengal laying into the former Railway Minister for absolving himself and the Chief Minister from chit fund charges.
Alleging that Roy was one of those who had influenced the course of chit fund probe in multi-crore Saradha case suspended TMC MP Kunal Ghosh on Thursday asked the CBI to jointly interrogate him and Roy to dig up many hidden facts.
“The course of interrogation has been influenced in the Saradha case and Mukul Roy is of those persons who did it. If I, Kunal Ghosh had to spend years in jail why not other co-accused persons,” Ghosh said “disbelieving” Roy’s statement that Banerjee and himself were not aware of the scam taking place.
“Do you want me to believe that the general secretary of a party was unaware of the scam in which so many leaders were involved” Ghosh said adding, “I have already written to the CBI for jointly interrogating Mukul Roy and myself and watch how many facts tumble out.”
He said “if Roy is not associated with chit fund then nobody is,” asking what one of the main accused Rajat Majumdar a former DG, Police did in Roy’s official residence at Nizam Palace in Kolkata. “Before going to jail Rajat Majumdar had only two places to go, the Sharada office and Mukul Roy’s residence at Nizam Palace,” he said.
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...