- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Karnataka introduces Kambala Bill
After Jallikattu ordinance Karnataka has introduced a Bill to facilitate the conduct of traditional buffalo race "Kambala" and bullock cart races on Friday in the ongoing session of the assembly.
The bill Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Karnataka Amendment) Bill, 2017 tabled by Minister for Animal Husbandry and Sericulture A . Manju, seeks to amend the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960, in its application to Karnataka.
The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 (Central Act 59 of 1960) was enacted to prevent the infliction of unnecessary cruelty and suffering on animals. It recognises the need to exempt the application of its provisions in certain circumstances.
- Ramzan festivities reach peak on last Friday in Hyd 24 Jun 2017 | Omer Farooq
- BJP sweeps Karbi council elections 24 Jun 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Amnesty asks K’taka House to withdraw sentence to scribes 24 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Uddhav, arch rival Rane share stage 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Tension in Mau as man shot outside masjid 24 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Darjeeling crisis: Gurung threatens to intensify stir 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Why police left DSP alone to defend himself, ask kin 24 Jun 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- Kopardi case: Now, Defence wants Maha CM to be witness 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Cong wants TRS to recall decision 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Bihar ki beti’ fielded only to be defeated, says Nitish 24 Jun 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...