Karnataka introduces Kambala Bill
After Jallikattu ordinance Karnataka has introduced a Bill to facilitate the conduct of traditional buffalo race "Kambala" and bullock cart races on Friday in the ongoing session of the assembly.
The bill Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (Karnataka Amendment) Bill, 2017 tabled by Minister for Animal Husbandry and Sericulture A . Manju, seeks to amend the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960, in its application to Karnataka.
The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1960 (Central Act 59 of 1960) was enacted to prevent the infliction of unnecessary cruelty and suffering on animals. It recognises the need to exempt the application of its provisions in certain circumstances.
- Why the malafide impeachment motion was bound to fail? 25 Apr 2018 | Arun Jaitley
- Modern twists at Khadi fashion show 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Chairman for bio-metric system at RS Secretariat 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Ensure no violence takes place: Centre to 3 States 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- ITC, GMR to submit vision for Taj upkeep 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- IAF drill to hone combat readiness ends 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Modi-Xi meet aims to smoothen rough edges 25 Apr 2018 | Vineeta Pandey
- Jewar airport likely to handle 10 cr passengers by 2050: PwC report 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Involvement in India will be investigated: CA 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sushma arrives in Mongolia on 2-day visit 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2018 | PNS | CUTTACK
Basing on the allegations of acquisition of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Banking Assistant, Mayurbhanj Central Cooperative Bank Limited, Karanjia Sirish Chandra Mohanta, a Vigilance team raid several locations and traced his assets of Rs 1,10, 25,946. His residential house located at Dhatikabeda, Karanjia, house given on rent at Prasanti Vihar, Bhubaneswar, house given on rent located at Karanjia, and office room were simultaneously searched with search...