- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Keralites in Gujarat support visit
Even as the Congress and the Left parties in Kerala are fuming over the Sivagiri Mutt’s invite to Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Malayalees residing in Gujarat have openly come out in support of the top BJP leader.
There are an estimated 25 lakh Malayalees living in all parts of Gujarat, many of them holding high positions in Government, industries and other business houses.
Describing the Congress and Left parties’ opposition to Modi as “unfortunate”, KRS Dharen, president of Sree Narayana Cultural Mission, said that branding Modi on 2002 riots issue and keeping him away is not fair.
Political leaders in Kerala must see for themselves the development in Gujarat under Modi’s tenure, Dharen said.
“A controversy over a Chief Minister visiting another State is not healthy democracy,” he added. Father Babu of the Malayalee Catholic Federation (Gujarat) said that the controversy should have been avoided. “The minorities are having a secured life in Gujarat,” Father Babu added.
“Malayalees in Gujarat are happy and living in peace, perhaps better than in Kerala,” remarked JS Menon of the Akhil Gujarat Nairs’ Association.
Modi is a good administrator and Malayalees here are supportive of him due to his development agenda, Menon said. When the Left activists had shown black flags to Modi during his Kerala visit few years back, the Malayalees here had taken out a rally in favour of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Swaraj terms incident as unacceptable 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- Parrikar backs induction of women in combat roles 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- NGT pulls up Govt over failure to clean Ganga 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- Preserve all body fluids of Indrani, CBI tells Maha Govt 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- EC cautions political parties against personal attacks in Bihar 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- Rlys to provide dustbins in 60,000 train coaches soon 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- Fail to understand how deaths stopped, asks SCc 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- Govt Gazette notifications go digital 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- Maneka slams SP for politicising Dadri case 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
- India’s west coast no more in piracy high risk area 10 Oct 2015 | PNS
04 Oct 2015 | Shalini Saksena
Coke Studio@MTV Season 4 is all set to air its next episode today. SHALINI SAKSENA speaks to music composers, playback singers and lyricists about what’s in store for the big names this time It is bigger, better, more creative and has top luminaries of the music world like Javed Akhtar, Babul Supriyo, Prasoon Joshi, Anupam Roy and Jeet Gannguli...
10 Oct 2015 | Staff Reporter | Jagdalpur
NMDC Ltd — the country’s largest producer and exporter of iron ore, would be setting up ‘Central Plant Store’ for 3.0 MTPA Integrated Steel Plant at Nagarnar near Jagdalpur in Bastar region of Chhattisgarh...
We are very disturbed over the brutal manner in which an Indian lady has been treated in Saudi Arabia. It's unacceptable.
Guilty in the Dadri killing will be punished, even if I have to risk my Government in Uttar Pradesh for that.
We have to encourage Wall Street to live up to its proper role in our economy, helping Main Street grow and prosper.