- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Keralites in Gujarat support visit
Even as the Congress and the Left parties in Kerala are fuming over the Sivagiri Mutt’s invite to Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Malayalees residing in Gujarat have openly come out in support of the top BJP leader.
There are an estimated 25 lakh Malayalees living in all parts of Gujarat, many of them holding high positions in Government, industries and other business houses.
Describing the Congress and Left parties’ opposition to Modi as “unfortunate”, KRS Dharen, president of Sree Narayana Cultural Mission, said that branding Modi on 2002 riots issue and keeping him away is not fair.
Political leaders in Kerala must see for themselves the development in Gujarat under Modi’s tenure, Dharen said.
“A controversy over a Chief Minister visiting another State is not healthy democracy,” he added. Father Babu of the Malayalee Catholic Federation (Gujarat) said that the controversy should have been avoided. “The minorities are having a secured life in Gujarat,” Father Babu added.
“Malayalees in Gujarat are happy and living in peace, perhaps better than in Kerala,” remarked JS Menon of the Akhil Gujarat Nairs’ Association.
Modi is a good administrator and Malayalees here are supportive of him due to his development agenda, Menon said. When the Left activists had shown black flags to Modi during his Kerala visit few years back, the Malayalees here had taken out a rally in favour of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
MORE Nation NEWS
- SC gives two weeks to Maha on dance bars 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- ‘Will explore all legal options against order’ 27 Nov 2015 | TN Raghunatha
- Will prove defamation case frivolous, SC told 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- SC: Consider creating additional vacancies in armed forces 27 Nov 2015 | PTI
- PM urges parties to engage in dialogues, make session best 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Centre should provide quota to SC, ST in pvt sector: CPM 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Submit full info on e-waste: NGT to pollution boards 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- ISI planning attacks on Jammu & Kashmir: Reports 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Mukerjea couple siphoned off funds from 9x 27 Nov 2015 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- CBI promotes Khadi internationally 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
27 Nov 2015 | PNS | Ranchi
The first-ever Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Samman launched by JSPL foundation to recognise talent at the grassroots level, has garnered 358 entries from across the country. Maharashtra topped the list with 41, followed by Jharkhand at 40, Odisha at 39 and Delhi with 30...
Aamir has played the role of a patriot in many films, but he failed to make his wife understand about love for the country. SP chief’s
People usually deteriorate with age but she (Shilpa Shetty) is becoming beautiful. Everyone will look bad before her.
Debates, disputes and dialogues are the soul of Parliament. For other things, the entire country is available as an arena.