Keralites in Gujarat support visit
Even as the Congress and the Left parties in Kerala are fuming over the Sivagiri Mutt’s invite to Chief Minister Narendra Modi, the Malayalees residing in Gujarat have openly come out in support of the top BJP leader.
There are an estimated 25 lakh Malayalees living in all parts of Gujarat, many of them holding high positions in Government, industries and other business houses.
Describing the Congress and Left parties’ opposition to Modi as “unfortunate”, KRS Dharen, president of Sree Narayana Cultural Mission, said that branding Modi on 2002 riots issue and keeping him away is not fair.
Political leaders in Kerala must see for themselves the development in Gujarat under Modi’s tenure, Dharen said.
“A controversy over a Chief Minister visiting another State is not healthy democracy,” he added. Father Babu of the Malayalee Catholic Federation (Gujarat) said that the controversy should have been avoided. “The minorities are having a secured life in Gujarat,” Father Babu added.
“Malayalees in Gujarat are happy and living in peace, perhaps better than in Kerala,” remarked JS Menon of the Akhil Gujarat Nairs’ Association.
Modi is a good administrator and Malayalees here are supportive of him due to his development agenda, Menon said. When the Left activists had shown black flags to Modi during his Kerala visit few years back, the Malayalees here had taken out a rally in favour of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
- Cong lauds Army for action across LoC 24 May 2017 | PNS
- Inbrief 24 May 2017 | Pioneer
- Entry denied to ex-IG: India takes up issue with Canada 24 May 2017 | PNS
- 3 get life in terror funding case 24 May 2017 | PNS
- EC invites 7 national, 49 State parties for hackathon 24 May 2017 | PNS
- NIA detains Hurriyat leader Khan 24 May 2017 | PNS
- Major Gogoi justifies human shield 24 May 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Counting percentage of VVPAT slips: EC to decide 24 May 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Special CBI court to hear Babri Masjid cases today 24 May 2017 | PTI
- India is a Guru and we are followers: Dalai Lama 24 May 2017 | Kestur Vasuki
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...