Kovind to garner total value of 27,865 in AP
In the first presidential election is being held at Amaravati, the NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind has secured a total value of 27,865 from 175 Andhra Pradesh legislators in Monday’s polling. Each legislator is having a vote value of 159.
All the 175 MLAs in the AP Assembly, including those of YSRCP, had earlier pledged their support to NDA’s presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind when he visited to Telugu States.
Telugu Desam Party National President and Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Nara Chandra Babu Naidu was the first to cast his vote followed by AP Legislature Assembly Speaker Kodela Shivaprasad, Ministers and TDP, BJP legislators. The Opposition Party Leader of YSRCP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has cast his vote along with his party MLAs.
In Andhra Pradesh Assembly, The TDP is having 124 MLAs, it’s ally BJP 4 MLAs and YSRCP 46 MLAs. The voting was conducted in the Committee Hall of the Functional Assembly Building.
The Andhra Pradesh Congress has none either MLAs or the Lok Sabha MPs. It’s having four Rajya Sabha member only.
- Inbrief 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Counselling for mgmt MBBS seats put off in Puducherry 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- As tomato prices touch Rs 100, traders in Indore ask for security guards 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- HC asks Mumbai cops to ensure no minor hurts self in Muharram 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- 30K seized liquor bottles destroyed in Patna 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- SC refuses to monitor investigation into killings of Kashmiri Pandits 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Aborting 26-week foetus of 10-yr-old rape survivor risky? PGI Chandigarh told to examine 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Outgoing Prez: The journey continues 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėBabus being dictators over car-free CP‚Äô 25 Jul 2017 | Sapna Singh
- Exec-Council of first national aviation varsity constituted 25 Jul 2017 | Deepak Kumar Jha
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jul 2017 | PNS | HAZARIBAGH
The Hazaribagh district unit of Sanskar Bharti organized Rangoli-Mehndi competition in the premises of Hindu +2 High School. Despite continuous rain 140 participated in the Rangoli competition and 78 in Mehndi competition...