Kovind to garner total value of 27,865 in AP
In the first presidential election is being held at Amaravati, the NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind has secured a total value of 27,865 from 175 Andhra Pradesh legislators in Monday’s polling. Each legislator is having a vote value of 159.
All the 175 MLAs in the AP Assembly, including those of YSRCP, had earlier pledged their support to NDA’s presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind when he visited to Telugu States.
Telugu Desam Party National President and Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Nara Chandra Babu Naidu was the first to cast his vote followed by AP Legislature Assembly Speaker Kodela Shivaprasad, Ministers and TDP, BJP legislators. The Opposition Party Leader of YSRCP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has cast his vote along with his party MLAs.
In Andhra Pradesh Assembly, The TDP is having 124 MLAs, it’s ally BJP 4 MLAs and YSRCP 46 MLAs. The voting was conducted in the Committee Hall of the Functional Assembly Building.
The Andhra Pradesh Congress has none either MLAs or the Lok Sabha MPs. It’s having four Rajya Sabha member only.
- Solution to reverse Delhi's air pollution lies in Haryana, Punjab: Kejriwal 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- MP CM derides use of mummy-papa, dad instead of ‚Äėmata-pita' 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India sends 3k family bags to Rakhine state 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Visit Oxygen Chamber for a breath of fresh air 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India can become role model in growth of children: UNICEF 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Multi-State mock drill on tsunami preparedness held 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- By-elections in four States on December 21 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Capital witnesses coldest Nov 24 morning in 11 yrs 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Hardik gets Y category security after threat 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Assam Min blames it on media, says sorry for Cancer controversy 25 Nov 2017 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Gautam Nagar police have nabbed a miscreant on Friday on the charge of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at Gautam Nagar on Friday. Police said that the accused Raj Sharma sexually assaulted the victim who was on her way home in the afternoon...