- India set South Africa 204- run target in 1st T20
- Moderate polling in Tripura Assembly elections
- PNB fraud fuelled during demonetisation: Bengal CM
- Shame on you! student tells Trump at Florida anti-gun rally
- Modi inaugurates new BJP headquarters in Delhi
- Naval chopper tender: AgustaWestland withdraws plea from HC on bank guarantee
- Sebi may give fresh push to loan default disclosure by listed firms
Kovind to garner total value of 27,865 in AP
In the first presidential election is being held at Amaravati, the NDA candidate Ram Nath Kovind has secured a total value of 27,865 from 175 Andhra Pradesh legislators in Monday’s polling. Each legislator is having a vote value of 159.
All the 175 MLAs in the AP Assembly, including those of YSRCP, had earlier pledged their support to NDA’s presidential candidate Ram Nath Kovind when he visited to Telugu States.
Telugu Desam Party National President and Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Nara Chandra Babu Naidu was the first to cast his vote followed by AP Legislature Assembly Speaker Kodela Shivaprasad, Ministers and TDP, BJP legislators. The Opposition Party Leader of YSRCP YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has cast his vote along with his party MLAs.
In Andhra Pradesh Assembly, The TDP is having 124 MLAs, it’s ally BJP 4 MLAs and YSRCP 46 MLAs. The voting was conducted in the Committee Hall of the Functional Assembly Building.
The Andhra Pradesh Congress has none either MLAs or the Lok Sabha MPs. It’s having four Rajya Sabha member only.
- France‚Äôs bank interested in funding smart cities mission 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC slams life insurance firms for denying policy claim 19 Feb 2018 | Abraham Thomas
- Govt for model inclusive school in each district, block 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Law Min mum on whether people of Indian origin can campaign in polls 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Grapevine 19 Feb 2018 | Pioneer
- KVIC achieves over 100% subsidy target in 2016-17 for PMEGP 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PNB scam: Officials of other banks under lens 19 Feb 2018 | Rajesh Kumar
- Five held with arms in Bihar's Muzaffarpur 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Give me peace, I will pursue dialogue: Mehbooba to people 19 Feb 2018 | PTI
- MoU signed in Guj for women empowerment, skill development 19 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | Gwynne Dyer
Now that Jacob Zuma has finally exited, the African National Congress, which has fallen a long way from its glory days, has one last chance to rebuild its reputation before next year’s election. Whether the ANC is the best bet for South Africans is a different question altogether As a passer-by in the upscale Johannesburg suburb of Saxonwold observed, the South African Police would never have raided the enormous, high-walled compound...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Feb 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | Bokaro
A police team of Bokaro Thermal police station headed by inspector cum officer-in charge Parmeshwar Leyangi on Sunday morning conducted raids at Ganjutola in Armo forest area here and seized approx 2.5 tonnes of illegal coal along with their 4 motorcycles and 5 cycles,said Bokaro SP Kartik S...