Maharashtra, UP cops arrest LeT operative from Mumbai Airport
In a significant joint operation, the Anti-Terrorist Squads of Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh police a suspected Lashkar-e-Tayyeba (LeT) operative Salim Mukim Mohammed Khan caught from the Mumbai airport in the early hours of Mumbai.
Acting on a tip off from the UP police, the Maharashtra ATS officials arrested Salim Mohammad Khan, when at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport from United Arab Emirates (UAE). After Salim’s arrest, the state ATS officials informed their counterparts from UP about the development.
A resident of Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh, Salim had allegedly been involved in the fidayeen attack on the Rampur CRPF camp that took place on January 1, 2008. He was absconding since the incident.
The initial investigations by the Maharashtra ATS have revealed that Salim owed allegiance to LeT.
The Maharashtra ATS is handing over the custody of Salim to the UP police who have registered an offence under section 121, 121(A), 122, 123 ( sections relating waging or attempting to wage a war against the Government of India) of Indian Penal Code, read with 3, 7, 25 Arms Act r/w 5, 7(A) Explosive Substance Act, sections 3, 4, 5 Explosive Act, and sections 5 and 7(A) of the Foreigner Registration Act.
Salim is the third terrorist to have been arrested in connection with the 2008 attack on a CRPF camp in Rampur
The investigations have revealed that Salim had acquired terror training in a terrorist camp in Muzaffarabad, Pakistan.
A handler for a Pakistan ISI agent Aftab, Salim had provided finances for the terror acts indulged in by the former (Aftab). Aftab had been arrested earlier in Faizabad.
- Chargesheet filed against Dawood‚Äôs brother 22 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Hyd metro gets safety clearance 22 Nov 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Second scribe killed in Tripura in two months 22 Nov 2017 | anup sharma
- Kerala HC orders S Durga screening at IFFI 22 Nov 2017 | PTI/PNS
- Close shave for 16 as ship sinks off Maha coast 22 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- PAAS wins as Cong changes 5 in 2nd list 22 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Hardik hits back at BJP, questions growth 22 Nov 2017 | PNS
- It‚Äôll be dynasty vs development: Shah 22 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Study: No insurance policy for fishery sector in India 22 Nov 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Modi is Brahma as only he knows when Winter Session will start: Cong 22 Nov 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Nov 2017 | PNS | Gwalior
The Madhya Pradesh police and district administration on Tuesday seized the bust of Nathuram Godse, which was installed inside the office of the Akhil Bharatiya Hindu Mahasabha's office in Gwalior. The district Collector had on Tuesday morning ordered for removal of the bust...