- Don't muzzle Constitution: Cong on Naidu's decision to reject impeachment notice
- Metro girder collapses in Ghaziabad
- CJI, other judges sat at 10.45 AM to undertake court proceedings
- Swamy hails VP's decision rejecting impeachment notice
- Shiv Sena leader Sachin Sawant shot dead in Mumbai
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against CJI
Maharashtra, UP cops arrest LeT operative from Mumbai Airport
In a significant joint operation, the Anti-Terrorist Squads of Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh police a suspected Lashkar-e-Tayyeba (LeT) operative Salim Mukim Mohammed Khan caught from the Mumbai airport in the early hours of Mumbai.
Acting on a tip off from the UP police, the Maharashtra ATS officials arrested Salim Mohammad Khan, when at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport from United Arab Emirates (UAE). After Salim’s arrest, the state ATS officials informed their counterparts from UP about the development.
A resident of Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh, Salim had allegedly been involved in the fidayeen attack on the Rampur CRPF camp that took place on January 1, 2008. He was absconding since the incident.
The initial investigations by the Maharashtra ATS have revealed that Salim owed allegiance to LeT.
The Maharashtra ATS is handing over the custody of Salim to the UP police who have registered an offence under section 121, 121(A), 122, 123 ( sections relating waging or attempting to wage a war against the Government of India) of Indian Penal Code, read with 3, 7, 25 Arms Act r/w 5, 7(A) Explosive Substance Act, sections 3, 4, 5 Explosive Act, and sections 5 and 7(A) of the Foreigner Registration Act.
Salim is the third terrorist to have been arrested in connection with the 2008 attack on a CRPF camp in Rampur
The investigations have revealed that Salim had acquired terror training in a terrorist camp in Muzaffarabad, Pakistan.
A handler for a Pakistan ISI agent Aftab, Salim had provided finances for the terror acts indulged in by the former (Aftab). Aftab had been arrested earlier in Faizabad.
- Leopard captured in J&K's Ramban 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Situation created by Modi govt worse than emergency: Yashwant 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Cong responsible if Dalits face atrocities even 70 yrs after independence: Paswan 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- SC seeks govt's reply on plea against polygamy, nikah halala 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Parents held for killing newborn, abandoning body 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- PM Modi to visit Nepal on May 11 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Oli speaks to Indian, Pak PMs to restart SAARC 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Swamy moves SC for right to pray at Ayodhya 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Disclose number of files on Subhas Chandra Bose: CIC to PMO 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India to get 2 world-class rly stations by 2019 24 Apr 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...