Maharashtra, UP cops arrest LeT operative from Mumbai Airport
In a significant joint operation, the Anti-Terrorist Squads of Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh police a suspected Lashkar-e-Tayyeba (LeT) operative Salim Mukim Mohammed Khan caught from the Mumbai airport in the early hours of Mumbai.
Acting on a tip off from the UP police, the Maharashtra ATS officials arrested Salim Mohammad Khan, when at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport from United Arab Emirates (UAE). After Salim’s arrest, the state ATS officials informed their counterparts from UP about the development.
A resident of Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh, Salim had allegedly been involved in the fidayeen attack on the Rampur CRPF camp that took place on January 1, 2008. He was absconding since the incident.
The initial investigations by the Maharashtra ATS have revealed that Salim owed allegiance to LeT.
The Maharashtra ATS is handing over the custody of Salim to the UP police who have registered an offence under section 121, 121(A), 122, 123 ( sections relating waging or attempting to wage a war against the Government of India) of Indian Penal Code, read with 3, 7, 25 Arms Act r/w 5, 7(A) Explosive Substance Act, sections 3, 4, 5 Explosive Act, and sections 5 and 7(A) of the Foreigner Registration Act.
Salim is the third terrorist to have been arrested in connection with the 2008 attack on a CRPF camp in Rampur
The investigations have revealed that Salim had acquired terror training in a terrorist camp in Muzaffarabad, Pakistan.
A handler for a Pakistan ISI agent Aftab, Salim had provided finances for the terror acts indulged in by the former (Aftab). Aftab had been arrested earlier in Faizabad.
- Inbrief 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Counselling for mgmt MBBS seats put off in Puducherry 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- As tomato prices touch Rs 100, traders in Indore ask for security guards 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- HC asks Mumbai cops to ensure no minor hurts self in Muharram 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- 30K seized liquor bottles destroyed in Patna 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- SC refuses to monitor investigation into killings of Kashmiri Pandits 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Aborting 26-week foetus of 10-yr-old rape survivor risky? PGI Chandigarh told to examine 25 Jul 2017 | PNS
- Outgoing Prez: The journey continues 25 Jul 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėBabus being dictators over car-free CP‚Äô 25 Jul 2017 | Sapna Singh
- Exec-Council of first national aviation varsity constituted 25 Jul 2017 | Deepak Kumar Jha
Sunday EditionView All
23 Jul 2017 | IANS | New Delhi
Only 349 of 4,862 India's large dams have emergency disaster action plans in place, the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India's performance report on flood control and management schemes of the Water Resources Ministry has revealed. "Out of 4,862 large dams, emergency action plans or disaster management plans of only 349 dams, which is seven per cent, were prepared (March 2016)...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jul 2017 | PNS | HAZARIBAGH
The Hazaribagh district unit of Sanskar Bharti organized Rangoli-Mehndi competition in the premises of Hindu +2 High School. Despite continuous rain 140 participated in the Rangoli competition and 78 in Mehndi competition...