Maharashtra, UP cops arrest LeT operative from Mumbai Airport
In a significant joint operation, the Anti-Terrorist Squads of Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh police a suspected Lashkar-e-Tayyeba (LeT) operative Salim Mukim Mohammed Khan caught from the Mumbai airport in the early hours of Mumbai.
Acting on a tip off from the UP police, the Maharashtra ATS officials arrested Salim Mohammad Khan, when at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport from United Arab Emirates (UAE). After Salim’s arrest, the state ATS officials informed their counterparts from UP about the development.
A resident of Faizabad in Uttar Pradesh, Salim had allegedly been involved in the fidayeen attack on the Rampur CRPF camp that took place on January 1, 2008. He was absconding since the incident.
The initial investigations by the Maharashtra ATS have revealed that Salim owed allegiance to LeT.
The Maharashtra ATS is handing over the custody of Salim to the UP police who have registered an offence under section 121, 121(A), 122, 123 ( sections relating waging or attempting to wage a war against the Government of India) of Indian Penal Code, read with 3, 7, 25 Arms Act r/w 5, 7(A) Explosive Substance Act, sections 3, 4, 5 Explosive Act, and sections 5 and 7(A) of the Foreigner Registration Act.
Salim is the third terrorist to have been arrested in connection with the 2008 attack on a CRPF camp in Rampur
The investigations have revealed that Salim had acquired terror training in a terrorist camp in Muzaffarabad, Pakistan.
A handler for a Pakistan ISI agent Aftab, Salim had provided finances for the terror acts indulged in by the former (Aftab). Aftab had been arrested earlier in Faizabad.
- Experts bust myths, say Leucoderma not contagious 23 Jun 2018 | Archana Jyoti
- Sumitra expresses displeasure over Parliament disruptions 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Indian envoy visits two US detention facilities where Indian kids held 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Cong calls for probe into dealings of bank 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Interpol red corner notice against Nirav likely soon 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- ED wants fugitive tag for liquor baron Mallya 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Screening panels: Mistry to steer Cong in MP, Selja in Raj 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Italy refuses to extradite middleman Carlo Gerosa 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Assam Rifles seizes party drugs worth Rs 49L in Manipur 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS
Book on Renewable Energy Technology Released Hon’ble Union Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Power, New and Renewable Energy, Shri RK Singh released a book titled “Renewable Energy Technology” co-authored by Shri IS Jha, CMD (POWERGRID), Shri Subir Sen, COO (CTU Planning &Smart Grid) POWERGRID, Shri Manish Kumar Tiwari, Asst GM (Smart Grid) POWERGRID and Prof DP Kothari in the august presence of CMD, POWERGRID, senior officials of Ministry of....
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2018 | PNS | Lucknow
Cabinet minister and Suheldeo Bhartiya Samaj Party chief Om Prakash Rajbhar along with his supporters constructed a road in his village near Varanasi on Saturday. The minister, a compulsive dissident in the Yogi government, resorted to the extreme step maintaining that despite repeated requests, the Public Works Department (PWD) refused to construct the road...