- India beat Bangladesh by four wickets to win Nidahas T20 Tri-Series
- Piyush Goyal junks report suggesting airline-like dynamic pricing in railway
- Bypoll defeats no referendum on BJP policies, programmes: Yogi
- NDA messed up economy, mismanaged JK: Manmohan Singh
- Putin eyes fourth term as Russians go to polls
- 3 AIIMS doctors enroute to Agra killed in accident on Yamuna e-way
- Five civilians killed in Pakistan firing on LoC
Man who captured Min's viral beach video seeks police protection
The family of a whistleblower, who exposed former Goa Tourism Minister Francisco alias Mickky Pacheco on camera driving illegally driving a sports utility vehicle on a Goa beach on Sunday and then abusing and threatening the watersports operator who shot the video, has now demanded police protection from the Goa Government.
Speaking to The Pioneer Fanny Da Silva, mother of Melroy, a water sports operator, has said that the Government was responsible for the family’s safety, after her son’s video showing the excess by the minister on Sunday went viral.
“We request the tourism minister to take action on this. We need tourists to come to Goa, not people who damage tourists. We want the Tourism Minister to take action and provide safety for family. If anything happens to the family, I will blame the Government,” Da Silva said.
Melroy’s video showing Pacheco’s car zipping along the Betalbatim-Utorda beach stretch trampling over his water sports apparatus, a parachute, and the subsequent confrontation with the former Minister at a beach shack, where Pacheco and his friend allegedly tried to verbally abuse and threatened had gone viral on Monday, a day after the incident occurred.
Goa’s Tourism Minister Manohar Azgaonkar has already condemned the incident and has asked the State police to take strict action against Pacheco for violating rules.
“Driving on beaches is banned in Goa. The police should take strict action. If Ministers flout law like this, then others will also follow suit,” Azgaonkar said.
- Disturbed at trends of unruly behaviour in legislatures: V-P 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Omar asks India-Pak to observe ceasefire 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Gujarat lagging behind in health, edu: Niti Aayog VC 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- No one can raise question on Govt‚Äôs integrity, intention: Rajnath 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Will take care of two sisters injured in LoC shelling: J&K Govt 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Manduadih to be renamed Banaras railway station 19 Mar 2018 | IANS
- Another IndiGo A320neo aircraft withdrawn over engine concerns 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- BJP has learnt lessons from defeat: Yogi 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Goa‚Äôs mining body rules out immediate lay-offs 19 Mar 2018 | PTI
- Wild elephants live in harmony with locals in TN 19 Mar 2018 | Kumar Chellappan
Sunday EditionView All
18 Mar 2018 | PNS
AAI conducts international workshop for utilizing GAGAN In keeping with the Prime Minister’s objective of using technology as a means of development and co-operation, Airports Authority of India has now offered GPS-aided Geo Augmented Navigation (GAGAN) to SAARC and Southeast Asian countries in order to allow them to reap the significant benefits that accrue from such an advanced navigation system. AAI conducted a two-day workshop on March 15 and 16, 2018...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Mar 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Leader of the Opposition in the state assembly Ajay Singh said that the claims of women well-wisher Chief Minister Shivraj Singh are deceiving as miscreants with minor offences are arrested with immediate effect, but in the matter related to a minister's son, Chouhan says enquiry would be conducted He further alleged that prime facie, minister's son was responsible for Preeti Raghuvanshi’s suicide. Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan today instructed police officials to...