Maneka Gandhi, Prakash Javadekar to hold high-level meeting on safety of students
Union Ministers Maneka Gandhi and Prakash Javadekar will hold a high-level meeting on Wednesday to develop a protocol for educational institutions to ensure safety of students following incidents of child sexual abuse in schools, a Government official said.
Officials of the Ministries of Women and Child Development and Human Resource Development as well as representative of the National Commission of Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), CBSE, NCERT, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will be a part of this meeting.
The conference comes in backdrop of the murder of a Class II student inside Ryan International School in Gurgaon for allegedly resisting sexual assault and the rape of a five- year-old girl in a private school in Shahdara.
The two Ministries will develop a set of guidelines and protocols for schools to ensure that children are protected from any kind of abuse or physical and mental harm”, a WCD spokesperson said.
WCD Minister Maneka Gandhi has also discussed the matter with HRD minister Prakash Javadekar over phone and recommended that women be employed as support staff, including bus drivers and conductors.
She also stressed on the need to have strict norms for employing non-teaching staff, according to the official.
The Supreme Court on Monday issued a notice to the Centre and the Haryana police on a plea by the father of the Ryan student seeking a CBI probe into the murder as well as framing of guidelines to ensure safety of children.
- Experts bust myths, say Leucoderma not contagious 23 Jun 2018 | Archana Jyoti
- Sumitra expresses displeasure over Parliament disruptions 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Indian envoy visits two US detention facilities where Indian kids held 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Cong calls for probe into dealings of bank 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Interpol red corner notice against Nirav likely soon 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- ED wants fugitive tag for liquor baron Mallya 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Screening panels: Mistry to steer Cong in MP, Selja in Raj 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Italy refuses to extradite middleman Carlo Gerosa 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Assam Rifles seizes party drugs worth Rs 49L in Manipur 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...