- Bollywood legend Sridevi passes away at the age of 54
- India beat South Africa by 7 runs to clinch series 2-1
- Taliban kill 18 soldiers in attack on Afghan army base: Officials
- Will shift operations partially to IGI T2 in coming weeks: IndiGo
- False allegations levelled against me but truth will prevail: Choksi to employees
- FM slams regulators' failure to detect PNB fraud
- Delhi diamond exporter booked for Rs 389-cr OBC loan fraud
Maneka Gandhi, Prakash Javadekar to hold high-level meeting on safety of students
Union Ministers Maneka Gandhi and Prakash Javadekar will hold a high-level meeting on Wednesday to develop a protocol for educational institutions to ensure safety of students following incidents of child sexual abuse in schools, a Government official said.
Officials of the Ministries of Women and Child Development and Human Resource Development as well as representative of the National Commission of Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), CBSE, NCERT, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will be a part of this meeting.
The conference comes in backdrop of the murder of a Class II student inside Ryan International School in Gurgaon for allegedly resisting sexual assault and the rape of a five- year-old girl in a private school in Shahdara.
The two Ministries will develop a set of guidelines and protocols for schools to ensure that children are protected from any kind of abuse or physical and mental harm”, a WCD spokesperson said.
WCD Minister Maneka Gandhi has also discussed the matter with HRD minister Prakash Javadekar over phone and recommended that women be employed as support staff, including bus drivers and conductors.
She also stressed on the need to have strict norms for employing non-teaching staff, according to the official.
The Supreme Court on Monday issued a notice to the Centre and the Haryana police on a plea by the father of the Ryan student seeking a CBI probe into the murder as well as framing of guidelines to ensure safety of children.
- EC censures Vasundhara for speech intimidating voters 24 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Elections to 59 RS seats on March 23 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Sunanda case: Response sought from Delhi Police on Swamy‚Äôs plea 24 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Court refuses to stay summon against Karti 24 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Call to appoint Lokpal on March 1: Centre to SC 24 Feb 2018 | PNS
- CBI registers corruption case against Aurangabad DM Tanuj, officials 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Army floats global tender for 5.5L rifles 24 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Investors Summit waste of money, says Mayawati 24 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Don‚Äôt consider Class XI marks for college entry: PIL in Madras HC 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
- Shotgun fires fresh salvo at PM Modi 24 Feb 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Feb 2018 | M Venkaiah Naidu
Today, we are conferring International Gandhi Award-2017 on two outstanding personalities, Dr MD Gupte and Dr Atul Shah, for their selfless and humanitarian services in the cause of elimination of leprosy and in alleviating the suffering of leprosy-affected patients. Leprosy has been prevalent in our country since a very long time...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Feb 2018 | PNS | Bokaro
Over 600 Government primary and middle schools do not have power supply across the Bokaro district at present. As per the government directive, all the government schools must have been electrified by the end of the financial year 2016-17, about 619 primary and middle schools yet to get electric supply across the district, reveals official data...