Maneka Gandhi, Prakash Javadekar to hold high-level meeting on safety of students
Union Ministers Maneka Gandhi and Prakash Javadekar will hold a high-level meeting on Wednesday to develop a protocol for educational institutions to ensure safety of students following incidents of child sexual abuse in schools, a Government official said.
Officials of the Ministries of Women and Child Development and Human Resource Development as well as representative of the National Commission of Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), CBSE, NCERT, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan will be a part of this meeting.
The conference comes in backdrop of the murder of a Class II student inside Ryan International School in Gurgaon for allegedly resisting sexual assault and the rape of a five- year-old girl in a private school in Shahdara.
The two Ministries will develop a set of guidelines and protocols for schools to ensure that children are protected from any kind of abuse or physical and mental harm”, a WCD spokesperson said.
WCD Minister Maneka Gandhi has also discussed the matter with HRD minister Prakash Javadekar over phone and recommended that women be employed as support staff, including bus drivers and conductors.
She also stressed on the need to have strict norms for employing non-teaching staff, according to the official.
The Supreme Court on Monday issued a notice to the Centre and the Haryana police on a plea by the father of the Ryan student seeking a CBI probe into the murder as well as framing of guidelines to ensure safety of children.
- Consistency critical in fighting terrorism, radicalisation: Akbar 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Don‚Äôt drag us into your domestic politics: Islamabad to New Delhi 12 Dec 2017 | PTI
- India, Russia mulling to export jointly produced weapons: Lavrov 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Writing books won‚Äôt suffice, need results: Gadkari to institutions 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Govt raps Pak for sermon on Guj polls 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Cong wants to delay construction of Ram Mandir, says Maharaj 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Muslims to abide by SC verdict on Babri: Azam 12 Dec 2017 | PNS
- Rajasthan gory killing: Owaisi slams Modi 12 Dec 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Youngest sitting MLA Harsh confident of retaining seat 12 Dec 2017 | NAYAN DAVE
- Cyclone Ockhi: Protesters seek more compensation 12 Dec 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
Sunday EditionView All
10 Dec 2017 | AFP | Seoul
North Korea blamed US "nuclear blackmail" for soaring tensions over its weapons programme in rare meetings with a senior UN official, but agreed to regular communication with the organisation, state media said today. Jeffrey Feltman arrived in Beijing today after wrapping up a five-day visit to Pyongyang aimed at defusing the crisis, just a week after North Korea said it test-fired a new ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States...
STATE EDITIONSView All
12 Dec 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
The Chipko Movement leader and noted activist Chandi Prasad Bhatt said that the Himalayan region is experiencing the effects of lack of political will and absence of ground level implementation of various environmental laws. He said this while delivering the second RS Tolia memorial lecture on the occasion of International Mountain Day at the regional science centre of the Uttarakhand State Council for Science and Technology (UCOST) here on Monday...