MHA to discuss boundary dispute with Mizoram, Assam
The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has convened a meeting of the chief secretaries of Mizoram and Assam on March 20 to resume dialogue on the boundary dispute between the two States in wake of the protests by students which turned violent recently.
Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba will meet the chief secretaries of the two States and carry forward the dialogues, a Home Ministry official said. Mizoram Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla had approached Home Minister Rajnath Singh seeking his intervention on the border dispute.
The Home Minister has urged the Mizoram Chief Minister to ensure peace in the State’s side of the border and not to allow people to gather at Bairabi and stage protests there.
The Ministry is in constant touch with the Assam and Mizoram Governments, official said. The State Governments were asked to take appropriate steps to ensure law and order, prevent the situation from escalating and bring the situation under control.
- Avoid posting fake items on social media, Shah tells BJP workers 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Govt sets up panels under task force for implementing drone tech 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- AirAsia passengers allege rude behaviour by airline staff, Govt assures appropriate action 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- UP ATS arrests Gorakhpur terror funding mastermind in Maharashtra 22 Jun 2018 | PTI
- Kerala woman, lover get 23 years in jail for poisoning husband with cyanide in Oz 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Sena blames BJP for current situation in J&K 22 Jun 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- New alliance in Tamil Nadu in offing 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Indian ethos, values should guide next CEA: RSS affiliate 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Rajnath on three-day Mongolia visit for talks 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Sushma, Nirmala to begin first US 2+2 Dialogue on July 6 22 Jun 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Jun 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Observing the Yoga Day, the school students of Sharda Vihar School performed Yoga postures on Thursday. Observing International Yoga Day 750 students of the school got information about Yoga and students were informed about the benefits of Yoga were...