- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
Modi leaves for Sweden on his three-nation tour of Europe
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday left for Sweden on the first leg of his three-nation tour of Europe that will also take him to Britain and Germany.
This is the first prime ministerial visit from India to Sweden in 30 years after the visit of Rajiv Gandhi in 1988.
On Tuesday, Modi will hold a bilateral summit with Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Lofven following which a number of agreements are expected to be signed.
This apart, Modi and Lofven will attend a round table of Swedish CEOs.
India and Sweden will on Tuesday also co-host the first ever India-Nordic Summit, where, apart from Modi and Lofven, the Prime Ministers of the other four Nordic countries of Denmark, Finland, Iceland and Norway will also be present. Modi will hold separate bilateral meetings with the leaders of the other four Nordic countries on the sidelines of the summit. From Sweden, Modi will leave for Britain where he will hold a bilateral summit with British Prime Minister Theresa May on April 18. On April 19-20, he will attend Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in London. While returning from Britain on April 20, he will stop over in Germany where he will a meet German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
- Leopard captured in J&K's Ramban 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Situation created by Modi govt worse than emergency: Yashwant 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Cong responsible if Dalits face atrocities even 70 yrs after independence: Paswan 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- SC seeks govt's reply on plea against polygamy, nikah halala 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Parents held for killing newborn, abandoning body 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- PM Modi to visit Nepal on May 11 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Oli speaks to Indian, Pak PMs to restart SAARC 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Swamy moves SC for right to pray at Ayodhya 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Disclose number of files on Subhas Chandra Bose: CIC to PMO 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India to get 2 world-class rly stations by 2019 24 Apr 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...