- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
More complaints against Narada tainted IPS officer
SMH Mirza, the IPS officer who was shown accepting kickback from a sting journalist in the Narada video tape case for which the Calcutta High Court last week had passed suspension orders, found himself in a bigger trouble when the wife of a subordinate officer on Monday charged him with driving her husband to commit suicide. Suchitra is the widow of a Sub-Inspector who was “falsely implicated in a corruption case forcing him to commit suicide last year” but could not get justice after repeatedly approaching the superior officers on Monday descended at Chief Minister Mamata Banerjees Kalighat residence seeking justice. The tainted IPS officer, a Superintendant of Police “got my husband falsely implicated in corruption charges because he had objected to certain malpractices. He felt so insulted that he ended his life” the woman said, adding that even after her husband’s death the family was continuously pressurised to withdraw the charges made against the higher authorities. Because he has been close to the ruling party no action was taken the family members of the dead officer said adding “when nothing happens to an officer shown taking money directly in video footage then what could have happened to him in our case.” But the family took heart from the latest developments and “hoping that the CM will take action now we have come to her doorsteps.” Mirza was shown in the Narada video tapes accepting wads of currency notes from the stated sting journalist who posed as a prospective investor apparently to get his works done through an MP. The Calcutta HC had last week besides handing the case over to the CBI for investigation also ordered his suspension.
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | PTI | New Delhi
The Sharad Yadav faction of the Janata Dal (United) Party on Saturday announced election to party posts on March 11 and released a list of interim office-bearers, including Chhotubhai Vasava as working president and Ali Anwar as one of the vice-presidents. Yadav also released a list of presidents of party units in states at a press briefing...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...