Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance group muzzling media: CPI
The Communist Party of India (CPI) Central Secretariat on Monday accused corporate houses of taking the litigation route against journalists and writers and termed the move as a method to curtail the freedom speech.
The party in a statement alleged that most of the corporate houses especially Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Group in particular was silencing the journalists for exposing violations by the companies.
“The Secretariat of the CPI condemns the notices of defamation cases, which are rightly called as strategic litigation against public persons like authors, journalists and publishers by corporate companies, to silence the exposures that are of concern to the nation. The book ‘Gas Wars, crony capitalism and the Ambanis’, published by Paranjoy Guha Thakurta, is a book that exposes the Gas price drama that is going on in the country.
“Gas is a natural resource that belongs justifiably to the nation and the Supreme Court has clarified it beyond doubt. CPI, the Left and many other important personalities, journalists, and researchers are exposing and fighting on these issues since last few years.
“The review article by Sucheta Dalal is also being targeted by the Ambanis. The book and the article are based on information that is readily available to every body. This is a naked attempt to frighten those who expose the wrong deeds,” said the CPI Central Secretariat.
- Inshort 19 Aug 2017 | Pioneer
- Central Govt official praises Telangana's land survey 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Postage stamp featuring Mithila headgear issued 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Govt slow in investigating irregularities in Adani‚Äôs inflated invoicing: Cong 19 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Delhi tourist raped at Hyd guest house on Aug 15 night 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- CPI(M) complains to Min over MTNL internet blackout for last 7 days 19 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Tripura Govt not to go to court on Sarkar speech 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- No info from Pak on ad-hoc judge for Jadhav case: MEA 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Reports of BrahMos sale to Vietnam incorrect: Govt 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
- 11 mn people hit due to floods in India: Report 19 Aug 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
The Geological Survey of India will carry out assessment of Limestone deposits In Laladhurwa-Jognipali Block of Raigarh district in Chhattisgarh. GSI last year took up assessment of limestone deposits at Birutola-Nawapara-Sohagpur Blocks of Kabirdham district in Chhattisgarh, officials stated...