- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance group muzzling media: CPI
The Communist Party of India (CPI) Central Secretariat on Monday accused corporate houses of taking the litigation route against journalists and writers and termed the move as a method to curtail the freedom speech.
The party in a statement alleged that most of the corporate houses especially Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Group in particular was silencing the journalists for exposing violations by the companies.
“The Secretariat of the CPI condemns the notices of defamation cases, which are rightly called as strategic litigation against public persons like authors, journalists and publishers by corporate companies, to silence the exposures that are of concern to the nation. The book ‘Gas Wars, crony capitalism and the Ambanis’, published by Paranjoy Guha Thakurta, is a book that exposes the Gas price drama that is going on in the country.
“Gas is a natural resource that belongs justifiably to the nation and the Supreme Court has clarified it beyond doubt. CPI, the Left and many other important personalities, journalists, and researchers are exposing and fighting on these issues since last few years.
“The review article by Sucheta Dalal is also being targeted by the Ambanis. The book and the article are based on information that is readily available to every body. This is a naked attempt to frighten those who expose the wrong deeds,” said the CPI Central Secretariat.
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
22 Oct 2017 | PTI | New Delhi
The Sharad Yadav faction of the Janata Dal (United) Party on Saturday announced election to party posts on March 11 and released a list of interim office-bearers, including Chhotubhai Vasava as working president and Ali Anwar as one of the vice-presidents. Yadav also released a list of presidents of party units in states at a press briefing...
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...