- Woman teacher arrested for sexually exploiting boy
- India, Bangladesh bonded by cooperation and understanding: Modi
- Almost USD 30 million seized in raids linked to Malaysian ex-PM
- Samsung must pay Apple $539mn in patent lawsuit: US court
- HDK faces floor test today; expected to sail through
- Special NIA court convicts five IM militants in Bodh Gaya serial blasts case
- Two men detonate explosive device at Indian restaurant in Canada; 15 injured
Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance group muzzling media: CPI
The Communist Party of India (CPI) Central Secretariat on Monday accused corporate houses of taking the litigation route against journalists and writers and termed the move as a method to curtail the freedom speech.
The party in a statement alleged that most of the corporate houses especially Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Group in particular was silencing the journalists for exposing violations by the companies.
“The Secretariat of the CPI condemns the notices of defamation cases, which are rightly called as strategic litigation against public persons like authors, journalists and publishers by corporate companies, to silence the exposures that are of concern to the nation. The book ‘Gas Wars, crony capitalism and the Ambanis’, published by Paranjoy Guha Thakurta, is a book that exposes the Gas price drama that is going on in the country.
“Gas is a natural resource that belongs justifiably to the nation and the Supreme Court has clarified it beyond doubt. CPI, the Left and many other important personalities, journalists, and researchers are exposing and fighting on these issues since last few years.
“The review article by Sucheta Dalal is also being targeted by the Ambanis. The book and the article are based on information that is readily available to every body. This is a naked attempt to frighten those who expose the wrong deeds,” said the CPI Central Secretariat.
- Sunanda Pushkar case transferred to fast-track court 25 May 2018 | IANS
- Ireland's Indian-origin PM campaigns to lift abortion ban 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Lajpat Ngr flyover repair over, to re-open today 25 May 2018 | PTI
- UP ATS nabs ISI suspect who worked with Indian diplomat in Pakistan 25 May 2018 | PTI
- ...Min advisory: Eat only fresh, washed fruits 25 May 2018 | PTI
- Nipah kills one more in Kerala; exams put off 25 May 2018 | IANS
- BJP, Shiv Sena win two seats each 25 May 2018 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Gujarat to hold ‚ÄėParjanya yagna‚Äô for good monsoon 25 May 2018 | PNS
- Didi mum on Teesta, slams fuel price hike 25 May 2018 | Saugar Sengupta
- Army chief visits J&K after unilateral ceasefire 25 May 2018 | Khursheed Wani
Sunday EditionView All
20 May 2018 | PNS
New Delhi: “Now, let us enjoy our holidays,” this is how the Supreme Court concluded the hearing on the Karnataka power row on Saturday. The courtroom burst into a bout of laughter as Justice AK Sikri, who headed the three-judge Bench, made the jovial remark ...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 May 2018 | Santosh Narayan | Ranchi
When Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his Jharkhand visit on Friday sits with the Deputy Commissioners and officials of the 19 aspirational districts it would boost hope of speedy development of the areas that have been in the red zone. It is learnt that all the DCs concerned have been told to be ready with crisp presentations highlighting not only the good works done in their areas identified but also...