- Don't muzzle Constitution: Cong on Naidu's decision to reject impeachment notice
- Metro girder collapses in Ghaziabad
- CJI, other judges sat at 10.45 AM to undertake court proceedings
- Swamy hails VP's decision rejecting impeachment notice
- Shiv Sena leader Sachin Sawant shot dead in Mumbai
- Venkaiah Naidu rejects impeachment notice against CJI
Nagaland CM embarrassed, stopped at entrance of Assembly hall
Nagaland Chief Minister Shurhozelie Liezietsu was left embarassed on Monday after being stopped at the entrance to the Assembly hall, where polling for the Presidential election was going on, by the security staff.
The Chief Minister, though not eligible to vote since he is not an elected member of the Assembly, intended to enter the hall to oversee the security arangement and logistics, but security officers blocked his entry, creating some misunderstanding between his officers and the Assembly staff, Assembly sources said.
Interacting with the media, Liezietsu said, "As the head of government, I went round to see if proper security and logistics were arranged properly."
He lamented that as he was crossing the polling hall, a staff of the Assembly pulled him from behind.
The Chief Minister said that he had officially intimated to the Assembly Secretariat yesterday about his visit.
The CM also regretted that the Assembly Secretariat had appointed a dissident MLA as election agent without consulting the government.
"Assembly is supposed to be above Party politics," he said.
Meanwhile, all 59 elected representatives - 47 belonging to NPF, four to BJP and eight Independents - exercised their franchise in the presidential election.
Irrespective of the leadership crisis in the Nagaland People's Front (NPF), legislators supporting Liezietsu reached the venue in a group and cast their votes. So did the 43 dissident MLAs supporting former chief minister T R Zeliang.
- Leopard captured in J&K's Ramban 24 Apr 2018 | PNS
- Situation created by Modi govt worse than emergency: Yashwant 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Cong responsible if Dalits face atrocities even 70 yrs after independence: Paswan 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- SC seeks govt's reply on plea against polygamy, nikah halala 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Parents held for killing newborn, abandoning body 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- PM Modi to visit Nepal on May 11 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Oli speaks to Indian, Pak PMs to restart SAARC 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Swamy moves SC for right to pray at Ayodhya 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Disclose number of files on Subhas Chandra Bose: CIC to PMO 24 Apr 2018 | PTI
- India to get 2 world-class rly stations by 2019 24 Apr 2018 | Deepak Kumar Jha
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Apr 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
The first meeting of Acharya Shankar Ekta Nyas was held under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan on Monday at Chief Minister’s residence. Discussion on setting up statue, museum, institution establishment, premises construction, architectural style and vision, rules of the trust, administrative requirements, financial management and formation of executive committee was held in the meeting...