NaMo launches e-Gujcop
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched an IT project called ‘e-Gujcop’ which would help the State Home Department to access information related to police stations, jails, home guards and forensic science laboratories across the State at finger tips.
Addressing live telecast through Bhaskeracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo Informatics (BISAG) Satcom Band, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said that the Government of India has acknowledged the project as a successful model for other State. “Hope the `150 crore project would serve as a model for other States too. With this project, I expect a paradigm shift in the police performance, right from investigation to prosecution,” said the Chief Minister.
The e-GujCop project will link State Home Department with its various divisions and empower it by Information Technology Enabled System (ITES) to access fast and reliable information that comes from ground zero. The system links over 1,000 physical entities — including Police Stations, Jails, Home Guards, Forensic Science Laboratory, Prohibition and Anti-Corruption Bureau — with data about police and other security personnel, as well as databank of the criminals, for the service of the people.
As Gujarat’s police force comprised the most educated, techno savvy and youngest personnel, this IT project would reduce workload of home department and help Gujarat cops to decrease crime rate said Modi adding that in a way, e-GujCop could prove more effective than even AK-47.
“This technological application should instill fear in criminal-minded people and also boost the morale of Gujarat police. Because of the Gujarat Government’s farsighted vision to create infrastructure facilities of broadband connectivity and a round the clock availability of electricity across the State, the project has become reality,” said Modi.
- International Geeta Mahotsav to start on November 25 21 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Aircraft built on terrace in Maha gets DGCA nod 21 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Plea in HC seeks removal of Kerala CM 21 Nov 2017 | PNS
- China objects to Kovind's visit to Arunachal Pradesh 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Rajnath dismisses reports of ISIS presence in Kashmir 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- China rejects Pak's allegation of RAW sabotaging CPEC 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Security drill begins for Ivanka‚Äôs visit to Hyd for global summit 21 Nov 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Singapore Airlines to operate flights to Amaravati 21 Nov 2017 | V Sudhakar Rao
- HM terrorist shot dead in Tral 21 Nov 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- 5.6 lakh children are malnourished in Maha, no money spent on nutrition 21 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Nov 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | Jamshedpur
State’s first women university will come at Sidhgora in the eastern part of Jamshedpur, Chief Minister Raghubar Das said on Monday in Jamshedpur. “I am happy to announce that first Women’s University will come up at Sidhgora...