- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
NaMo launches e-Gujcop
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched an IT project called ‘e-Gujcop’ which would help the State Home Department to access information related to police stations, jails, home guards and forensic science laboratories across the State at finger tips.
Addressing live telecast through Bhaskeracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo Informatics (BISAG) Satcom Band, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said that the Government of India has acknowledged the project as a successful model for other State. “Hope the `150 crore project would serve as a model for other States too. With this project, I expect a paradigm shift in the police performance, right from investigation to prosecution,” said the Chief Minister.
The e-GujCop project will link State Home Department with its various divisions and empower it by Information Technology Enabled System (ITES) to access fast and reliable information that comes from ground zero. The system links over 1,000 physical entities — including Police Stations, Jails, Home Guards, Forensic Science Laboratory, Prohibition and Anti-Corruption Bureau — with data about police and other security personnel, as well as databank of the criminals, for the service of the people.
As Gujarat’s police force comprised the most educated, techno savvy and youngest personnel, this IT project would reduce workload of home department and help Gujarat cops to decrease crime rate said Modi adding that in a way, e-GujCop could prove more effective than even AK-47.
“This technological application should instill fear in criminal-minded people and also boost the morale of Gujarat police. Because of the Gujarat Government’s farsighted vision to create infrastructure facilities of broadband connectivity and a round the clock availability of electricity across the State, the project has become reality,” said Modi.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Pro-Bodoland groups vow to relaunch stir 26 Aug 2016 | Anup Sharma/PTI
- Bihar flood: Toll rises to 135 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Rivers continue to flow above danger mark in UP; 28 districts hit 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Child swept away by water, parts of Malda face flood fury 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Lalu under fire for ‘Ganga at our doorstep' remark 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Kerala to be declared open defecation-free state on November 1 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Commission's findings fake as Rohith was Dalit: NCSC chief 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Eggs hurled at actor Ramya's car over Pak comment 26 Aug 2016 | Kestur Vasuki
- Kerala boy tortured by drug addict parents, rescued 26 Aug 2016 | PTI
- BJP seeks NIA probe into ‘sedition’ by Amnesty 25 Aug 2016 | Kestur Vasuki
26 Aug 2016 | PNS | MAHANGA
In the wake of repeated instances of relatives carrying dead family members’ bodies on shoulder, trolley in shocking manners either due to poverty or Government inaction, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik on Thursday launched a new initiative, Mahaparayan, offering free transportation of bodies from Government hospitals to the residences of the deceased here at Bajapur. The scheme was launched just a day after a man carried his wife’s body on his shoulders...
The National Education Policy draft provides legal recognition to Hindi and Sanskrit. It imposes Hindutva opinions which are against the pluralism of the country.
US foisted Raghuram Rajan and Arvind Subramanian on us. These management-types are micro minded while economy is general equilibrium.
The Chinese have no respect for our country. They have no respect for our leadership. We want to put ourselves in their position soon. Then they'll like us better.