NaMo launches e-Gujcop
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched an IT project called ‘e-Gujcop’ which would help the State Home Department to access information related to police stations, jails, home guards and forensic science laboratories across the State at finger tips.
Addressing live telecast through Bhaskeracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo Informatics (BISAG) Satcom Band, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said that the Government of India has acknowledged the project as a successful model for other State. “Hope the `150 crore project would serve as a model for other States too. With this project, I expect a paradigm shift in the police performance, right from investigation to prosecution,” said the Chief Minister.
The e-GujCop project will link State Home Department with its various divisions and empower it by Information Technology Enabled System (ITES) to access fast and reliable information that comes from ground zero. The system links over 1,000 physical entities — including Police Stations, Jails, Home Guards, Forensic Science Laboratory, Prohibition and Anti-Corruption Bureau — with data about police and other security personnel, as well as databank of the criminals, for the service of the people.
As Gujarat’s police force comprised the most educated, techno savvy and youngest personnel, this IT project would reduce workload of home department and help Gujarat cops to decrease crime rate said Modi adding that in a way, e-GujCop could prove more effective than even AK-47.
“This technological application should instill fear in criminal-minded people and also boost the morale of Gujarat police. Because of the Gujarat Government’s farsighted vision to create infrastructure facilities of broadband connectivity and a round the clock availability of electricity across the State, the project has become reality,” said Modi.
- CBI searches 5 location in Rs 65-cr loan default case 27 May 2017 | PNS
- Delhi on high alert after inputs on possible terror strikes 27 May 2017 | PTI
- Inbrief 27 May 2017 | PNS
- Publishers’ Federation to PM: Roll back GST on children’s activity sheets 27 May 2017 | PNS
- Hookahs barred in hotels, restaurants, airport zones 27 May 2017 | PNS
- Yogi lauds visionary Modi for taking India to new heights 27 May 2017 | PNS
- Stir in Kerala over ‘ban on cattle sale for slaughter' 27 May 2017 | VR Jayaraj
- Rahul fails to get permission to visit Saharanpur 27 May 2017 | PNS
- Chargesheet filed in Bihar question paper leak scam 27 May 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
- DRDO’s much-awaited ATR ready for take-off 27 May 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
27 May 2017 | SURESH NIKHAR | JARIDIH
In a disconsolate mishap, three persons were killed and four sustained critical injuries when a car in which they were travelling lost control and hit a road side tree at Kalyanpur on Ramgrah –Bokaro road in the Bokaro district on Friday afternoon at 4pm ,police in charge Radha Kumari sources said According to sources all the victims of residents of Chatra while they were coming to Bokaro. The deceased have...