- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
NaMo launches e-Gujcop
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched an IT project called ‘e-Gujcop’ which would help the State Home Department to access information related to police stations, jails, home guards and forensic science laboratories across the State at finger tips.
Addressing live telecast through Bhaskeracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo Informatics (BISAG) Satcom Band, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said that the Government of India has acknowledged the project as a successful model for other State. “Hope the `150 crore project would serve as a model for other States too. With this project, I expect a paradigm shift in the police performance, right from investigation to prosecution,” said the Chief Minister.
The e-GujCop project will link State Home Department with its various divisions and empower it by Information Technology Enabled System (ITES) to access fast and reliable information that comes from ground zero. The system links over 1,000 physical entities — including Police Stations, Jails, Home Guards, Forensic Science Laboratory, Prohibition and Anti-Corruption Bureau — with data about police and other security personnel, as well as databank of the criminals, for the service of the people.
As Gujarat’s police force comprised the most educated, techno savvy and youngest personnel, this IT project would reduce workload of home department and help Gujarat cops to decrease crime rate said Modi adding that in a way, e-GujCop could prove more effective than even AK-47.
“This technological application should instill fear in criminal-minded people and also boost the morale of Gujarat police. Because of the Gujarat Government’s farsighted vision to create infrastructure facilities of broadband connectivity and a round the clock availability of electricity across the State, the project has become reality,” said Modi.
MORE Nation NEWS
- SC pulls up Delhi Govt over garbage mounds 22 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Cautious Govt says no call on reintroduction of Xth board exam yet 22 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Over 1,000 retrenched workers returning from Saudi in coming week 22 Oct 2016 | PNS
- CBI registers case in Embraer bribery case 22 Oct 2016 | PTI
- W coastal States vulnerable: Singh 22 Oct 2016 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- BJP demands NIA probe into RSS workers’ killings 22 Oct 2016 | Kestur Vasuki
- National anthem has no place in cinema hall: Brutalized paraplegic 22 Oct 2016 | Mayabhushan
- Red terror as BJP man attacked 22 Oct 2016 | VR Jayaraj
- Sheena case: CBI files supplementary chargesheet No. 2 22 Oct 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Kerala’s ex-Min Jayarajan now in teakwood trap 22 Oct 2016 | PNS
22 Oct 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Akhilesh Yadav will be the chief minister’s face of the Samajwadi party and the party will go to the next assembly election in his leadership. "Let there be no confusion on the chief minister’s face of the party and leadership issue...
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!