- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
NaMo launches e-Gujcop
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched an IT project called ‘e-Gujcop’ which would help the State Home Department to access information related to police stations, jails, home guards and forensic science laboratories across the State at finger tips.
Addressing live telecast through Bhaskeracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo Informatics (BISAG) Satcom Band, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said that the Government of India has acknowledged the project as a successful model for other State. “Hope the `150 crore project would serve as a model for other States too. With this project, I expect a paradigm shift in the police performance, right from investigation to prosecution,” said the Chief Minister.
The e-GujCop project will link State Home Department with its various divisions and empower it by Information Technology Enabled System (ITES) to access fast and reliable information that comes from ground zero. The system links over 1,000 physical entities — including Police Stations, Jails, Home Guards, Forensic Science Laboratory, Prohibition and Anti-Corruption Bureau — with data about police and other security personnel, as well as databank of the criminals, for the service of the people.
As Gujarat’s police force comprised the most educated, techno savvy and youngest personnel, this IT project would reduce workload of home department and help Gujarat cops to decrease crime rate said Modi adding that in a way, e-GujCop could prove more effective than even AK-47.
“This technological application should instill fear in criminal-minded people and also boost the morale of Gujarat police. Because of the Gujarat Government’s farsighted vision to create infrastructure facilities of broadband connectivity and a round the clock availability of electricity across the State, the project has become reality,” said Modi.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Plain packaging of tobacco not on agenda: Nadda 31 May 2016 | PNS
- SC stays tribunal’s order demoting Lt General 31 May 2016 | PNS
- top Pak court issues notices to 26/11 accused, govt over plea to examine boat 31 May 2016 | PTI
- Robert Vadra’s links to benami London home under Finance Ministry’s scanner 31 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Nepalese rescuers abandon mission to retrieve Indian climbers' bodies 31 May 2016 | PTI
- Sushma offers help to Pak girl aspiring to become doctor in India 31 May 2016 | PNS/Agencies
- SSB officer donates rare blood group to save Nepalese twins 31 May 2016 | PTI
- Apex court stays bailable warrants against Pollution Board chairman 31 May 2016 | PNS
- CPM regrets alliance with Cong 31 May 2016 | PNS
- Mission indradhanush to get new name: min 31 May 2016 | PNS
31 May 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The three BJD nominees for Rajya Sabha polls on Mondayfiled their nomination papers before Assembly Secretary Amiya Kumar Sarangi, the Returning Officer, in the presence of party supremo and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. Each candidate submitted two sets of papers having 10 proposers...
Virat Kohli, what a great leader! I can't take it away from him despite his team's loss. He set the benchmark this season.
We don't have the strength to break someone's bones. It was a comment made to lift the morale of party workers.
The real cause of my impeachment was an attempt to obstruct corruption investigations at the state-run oil firm.