NaMo launches e-Gujcop
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched an IT project called ‘e-Gujcop’ which would help the State Home Department to access information related to police stations, jails, home guards and forensic science laboratories across the State at finger tips.
Addressing live telecast through Bhaskeracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo Informatics (BISAG) Satcom Band, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said that the Government of India has acknowledged the project as a successful model for other State. “Hope the `150 crore project would serve as a model for other States too. With this project, I expect a paradigm shift in the police performance, right from investigation to prosecution,” said the Chief Minister.
The e-GujCop project will link State Home Department with its various divisions and empower it by Information Technology Enabled System (ITES) to access fast and reliable information that comes from ground zero. The system links over 1,000 physical entities — including Police Stations, Jails, Home Guards, Forensic Science Laboratory, Prohibition and Anti-Corruption Bureau — with data about police and other security personnel, as well as databank of the criminals, for the service of the people.
As Gujarat’s police force comprised the most educated, techno savvy and youngest personnel, this IT project would reduce workload of home department and help Gujarat cops to decrease crime rate said Modi adding that in a way, e-GujCop could prove more effective than even AK-47.
“This technological application should instill fear in criminal-minded people and also boost the morale of Gujarat police. Because of the Gujarat Government’s farsighted vision to create infrastructure facilities of broadband connectivity and a round the clock availability of electricity across the State, the project has become reality,” said Modi.
- Inshort 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- ND Tiwari suffers brain stroke: Son 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėKejriwal to have political discussions with Kamal Haasan' 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Alert personnel avert possible rail accident in Bengaluru 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Govt plans ‚Äėlab on boat' for analysing Brahmaputra river 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Decline in under 5 mortality rates: Union Health Min 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- UP Govt Sankalp Patra effort to conceal failure: Maya 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Let RaGa campaign abroad for party, we will do so here: BJP 21 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Intolerance, unemployment key issues facing India: RaGa 21 Sep 2017 | PTI
- India will work beyond Paris pact to reduce emissions 21 Sep 2017 | S Rajagopalan
Sunday EditionView All
17 Sep 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A 38-year-old man has been arrested by the Farsh Bazaar police for allegedly duping people coming to ATM and fraudulently withdrawing their money. Twelve ATM cards have been recovered from his possession...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
With the objective to create awareness among the budding football stars of the Capital City and to motivate the footballers of the U/17 age group, Delhi Public School in association with Hermes Voyage Kolkata will host its first ever Inter School Football Tournament: ‘Ranchi Cup-2017’. The tournament will be organised on the campus premises on September 21 and September 22...