- Militant, among 3 killed in J&K forest shootout
- 15 dead Maoists fished out of Maharashtra river; toll 37
- Saroj Khan backs casting couch, says film industry 'at least' gives jobs
- Pakistan hockey hero seeks heart transplant in India
- India strongly raises terrorism issue at SCO FMs' meet in China
- Trump admin toughens H1-B visa procedure
- PM launches Rashtriya Gram Swaraj Abhiyan
- Kathua rape-murder: Cop, SPO arrested by SIT move J-K HC
NaMo launches e-Gujcop
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi launched an IT project called ‘e-Gujcop’ which would help the State Home Department to access information related to police stations, jails, home guards and forensic science laboratories across the State at finger tips.
Addressing live telecast through Bhaskeracharya Institute of Space Applications and Geo Informatics (BISAG) Satcom Band, BJP’s prime ministerial candidate said that the Government of India has acknowledged the project as a successful model for other State. “Hope the `150 crore project would serve as a model for other States too. With this project, I expect a paradigm shift in the police performance, right from investigation to prosecution,” said the Chief Minister.
The e-GujCop project will link State Home Department with its various divisions and empower it by Information Technology Enabled System (ITES) to access fast and reliable information that comes from ground zero. The system links over 1,000 physical entities — including Police Stations, Jails, Home Guards, Forensic Science Laboratory, Prohibition and Anti-Corruption Bureau — with data about police and other security personnel, as well as databank of the criminals, for the service of the people.
As Gujarat’s police force comprised the most educated, techno savvy and youngest personnel, this IT project would reduce workload of home department and help Gujarat cops to decrease crime rate said Modi adding that in a way, e-GujCop could prove more effective than even AK-47.
“This technological application should instill fear in criminal-minded people and also boost the morale of Gujarat police. Because of the Gujarat Government’s farsighted vision to create infrastructure facilities of broadband connectivity and a round the clock availability of electricity across the State, the project has become reality,” said Modi.
- Why the malafide impeachment motion was bound to fail? 25 Apr 2018 | Arun Jaitley
- Modern twists at Khadi fashion show 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Chairman for bio-metric system at RS Secretariat 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Ensure no violence takes place: Centre to 3 States 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- ITC, GMR to submit vision for Taj upkeep 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- IAF drill to hone combat readiness ends 25 Apr 2018 | Pioneer News Service
- Modi-Xi meet aims to smoothen rough edges 25 Apr 2018 | Vineeta Pandey
- Jewar airport likely to handle 10 cr passengers by 2050: PwC report 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Involvement in India will be investigated: CA 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
- Sushma arrives in Mongolia on 2-day visit 25 Apr 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
22 Apr 2018 | PTI | Ahmedabad
A mild tremor measuring 3.7 on the Richter scale was felt in parts of south Gujarat, including Bharuch and Surat districts, though no damage was reported, officials said...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Apr 2018 | PNS | CUTTACK
Basing on the allegations of acquisition of assets disproportionate to the known sources of income by Banking Assistant, Mayurbhanj Central Cooperative Bank Limited, Karanjia Sirish Chandra Mohanta, a Vigilance team raid several locations and traced his assets of Rs 1,10, 25,946. His residential house located at Dhatikabeda, Karanjia, house given on rent at Prasanti Vihar, Bhubaneswar, house given on rent located at Karanjia, and office room were simultaneously searched with search...