- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Clashes erupt but Valley calmer than yesterdays 29 Aug 2016 | Khursheed Wani
- Discussed Kashmir situation with Sri Sri: Burhan Wani’s father 29 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Omar lauds PM’s mention of Kashmir in Mann ki Baat 29 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Prez to law students: Study Constitution well 29 Aug 2016 | PTI
- ‘Scramjet launch a baby step in space transportation’ 29 Aug 2016 | IANS
- Maya rakes up separate Poorvanchal issue again 29 Aug 2016 | PNS
- BJP plans Mission 2017 with 4 parivartan yatras 29 Aug 2016 | PNS
- Mathura-Vrindavan to be developed as tourist hub, says Mahesh Sharma 29 Aug 2016 | PTI
- Gujarat aiming high in ‘Cinematic Tourism’ 29 Aug 2016 | Nayan Dave
- Breach in link embankment hits 40,000 in Bihar 29 Aug 2016 | PTI
28 Aug 2016 | Aakriti Mehrotra
Performances from Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu give us reason to be proud and buoyant about the future. Their staggering acts have given a lot of people, especially girls, a reason to go and venture into a field that is tough to break into One has to be an eternal optimist to believe that sports can be a liniment to a nation’s ills, but there is something so delightful about them...
29 Aug 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati raked up the issue of separate Poorvanchal state mooted by her government during 2007-12 with alleging that the ruling Samajwadi Party has failed to keep its promise to develop Azamgarh on the lines of Saifai and Etawah and the prime minister Narendra Modi has failed to fulfil most of the promises he had made during the 2014 Lok Sabha elections. Mayawati said ``eastern UP can...
The power of books is immense. It is important to get more students involved in books that are beyond their academic curriculum.
I’m hurt and take responsibility for the Rio debacle. But my boys’ performances were satisfactory given the tough draws they got.
I am launching an audit to look into racial disparities in our public services. It will highlight the differences in outcomes for people of different backgrounds.