- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- SC gives two weeks to Maha on dance bars 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- ‘Will explore all legal options against order’ 27 Nov 2015 | TN Raghunatha
- Will prove defamation case frivolous, SC told 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- SC: Consider creating additional vacancies in armed forces 27 Nov 2015 | PTI
- PM urges parties to engage in dialogues, make session best 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Centre should provide quota to SC, ST in pvt sector: CPM 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Submit full info on e-waste: NGT to pollution boards 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- ISI planning attacks on Jammu & Kashmir: Reports 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
- Mukerjea couple siphoned off funds from 9x 27 Nov 2015 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- CBI promotes Khadi internationally 27 Nov 2015 | PNS
22 Nov 2015 | Gautam Chintamani
Most films exist in a specific universe and while some filmmakers manage to create unique worlds with their cinema, very few like Sooraj Barjatya are able to craft a cosmos that can be both real and illusory. Intriguingly enough, since the late 1980s to now, the one factor that has come to define the realm of Barjatya's cinematic universe is an actor who would ideally appear to be a misfit...
27 Nov 2015 | PNS | Ranchi
The first-ever Rashtriya Swayamsiddh Samman launched by JSPL foundation to recognise talent at the grassroots level, has garnered 358 entries from across the country. Maharashtra topped the list with 41, followed by Jharkhand at 40, Odisha at 39 and Delhi with 30...
Aamir has played the role of a patriot in many films, but he failed to make his wife understand about love for the country. SP chief’s
People usually deteriorate with age but she (Shilpa Shetty) is becoming beautiful. Everyone will look bad before her.
Debates, disputes and dialogues are the soul of Parliament. For other things, the entire country is available as an arena.