- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- SC pulls up Delhi Govt over garbage mounds 22 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Cautious Govt says no call on reintroduction of Xth board exam yet 22 Oct 2016 | PNS
- Over 1,000 retrenched workers returning from Saudi in coming week 22 Oct 2016 | PNS
- CBI registers case in Embraer bribery case 22 Oct 2016 | PTI
- W coastal States vulnerable: Singh 22 Oct 2016 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- BJP demands NIA probe into RSS workers’ killings 22 Oct 2016 | Kestur Vasuki
- National anthem has no place in cinema hall: Brutalized paraplegic 22 Oct 2016 | Mayabhushan
- Red terror as BJP man attacked 22 Oct 2016 | VR Jayaraj
- Sheena case: CBI files supplementary chargesheet No. 2 22 Oct 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Kerala’s ex-Min Jayarajan now in teakwood trap 22 Oct 2016 | PNS
22 Oct 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
Akhilesh Yadav will be the chief minister’s face of the Samajwadi party and the party will go to the next assembly election in his leadership. "Let there be no confusion on the chief minister’s face of the party and leadership issue...
Donald looks at the Statue of Liberty and sees a four, maybe a five, if she loses the torch and tablet and changes her hair.
Charges (of my leaking defence information) are baseless. In the defence committee, no secret information is shared.
Hillary is so corrupt that she got kicked off the Watergate commission. How corrupt you have to be to get kicked off!