- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Former Delhi Police Commissioner B S Bassi appointed UPSC member.
- Taliban kill 16 bus passengers in Afghanistan, kidnap dozens
- As China slows down, India can be a very powerful driver: FM
- NGT junks AOL's plea for acceptance of fine as bank guarantee
- Goans annoyed with Nigerians' attitude: Goa CM Parsekar
- Sonia attacks govt over charges against Vadra
- Major fire at India's biggest arms depot; 17 killed
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Plain packaging of tobacco not on agenda: Nadda 31 May 2016 | PNS
- SC stays tribunal’s order demoting Lt General 31 May 2016 | PNS
- top Pak court issues notices to 26/11 accused, govt over plea to examine boat 31 May 2016 | PTI
- Robert Vadra’s links to benami London home under Finance Ministry’s scanner 31 May 2016 | Pioneer News Service
- Nepalese rescuers abandon mission to retrieve Indian climbers' bodies 31 May 2016 | PTI
- Sushma offers help to Pak girl aspiring to become doctor in India 31 May 2016 | PNS/Agencies
- SSB officer donates rare blood group to save Nepalese twins 31 May 2016 | PTI
- Apex court stays bailable warrants against Pollution Board chairman 31 May 2016 | PNS
- CPM regrets alliance with Cong 31 May 2016 | PNS
- Mission indradhanush to get new name: min 31 May 2016 | PNS
31 May 2016 | PNS | BHUBANESWAR
The three BJD nominees for Rajya Sabha polls on Mondayfiled their nomination papers before Assembly Secretary Amiya Kumar Sarangi, the Returning Officer, in the presence of party supremo and Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik. Each candidate submitted two sets of papers having 10 proposers...
Virat Kohli, what a great leader! I can't take it away from him despite his team's loss. He set the benchmark this season.
We don't have the strength to break someone's bones. It was a comment made to lift the morale of party workers.
The real cause of my impeachment was an attempt to obstruct corruption investigations at the state-run oil firm.