- State Editions ˅
- Cover Story
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
- PM to UP MPs: Stop taking favours from CM 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Sushma: India in constant touch with US on illegal migrants, H1B visa issues 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Law Minister: EVMs cannot be tampered 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Jaitley: We give sufficient funds, it is up to States how to utilise them 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- Vociferous demand in RS to rename Chandigarh airport after Bhagat Singh 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- ‘Media should report constructive debates’ 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- NCSEBC to become constitutional body, will replace NCBC 24 Mar 2017 | PNS
- RK Nagar: It’s Amma vs Puratchi Thalaivi Amma 24 Mar 2017 | Kumar Chellappan
- Will not allow religious polarisation in Bengal: Mamata 24 Mar 2017 | Saugar Sengupta
- Sonowal for permanent office of Brahmaputra Board in Majuli 24 Mar 2017 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
19 Mar 2017 | Rajesh Singh
Is the marginalisation of the two caste-based parties in Uttar Pradesh a harbinger of change — from identity politics to the politics of development? If we take the 2014 and 2017 elections together, that does seem to be the suggestion, writes RAJESH SINGH Understanding an election result as monumental as that of Uttar Pradesh is akin to unravelling a deep thriller plot. The why, when, where, how and what — this...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Mar 2017 | PNS | Lucknow
Chief Minister Adityanath Yogi made a surprise inspection of the Hazratganj police station in Lucknow sending police officers in a tizzy on Thursday morning. Soon after, the Chief Minister said that there will be rule of law in UP and no one will be spared if found on the wrong side of law and asked police personnel to work with dedication...