- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Diesel taxi drivers protest in Delhi, Noida; block traffic
- Delhi launches helpline to register surge pricing complaints
- China rapes our country, says Trump
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- CBI questions former IAF chief SP Tyagi
- Oppn forces 3 adjournments in RS over CAG report on KG basin
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Al Qaeda wooing youth by misquoting Prophet 02 May 2016 | Rakesh K Singh
- Netaji memorial to come up at IGNCA complex 02 May 2016 | PNS
- Grapevine 02 May 2016 | pns
- Agri Min outlines slew of measures to tackle drought 02 May 2016 | PNS
- Heatwave condition continues, Phalodi in Raj tops at 46.5o C 02 May 2016 | PTI
- Perfumes, mosquito coils fatal for asthmatic patients: Experts 02 May 2016 | Archana Jyoti
- Modi slams Cong's vote-bank ‘karobaar' 02 May 2016 | Ramesh K Singh
- Flanked by liqour baron, Kanhaiya backs drinking 02 May 2016 | Faizan Ahmad
- Clamour for separate Vidarbha, Marathwada mars Maha Day 02 May 2016 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Raj flays BJP for failing to spruce up Hutatma 02 May 2016 | PNS
01 May 2016 | Kushan Mitra
The red soil in the hills that surround the tiny village of Lanjigarh in Kalahandi district, Odisha, is full of bauxite — the source material for aluminium used in everything from aircraft to beer cans. Yet, mining in Niyamgiri hills has been scuppered due to concerns over the welfare of tribals residing there...
02 May 2016 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Secretary Anthony de Sa reviewed activities under Gramoday Se Bharat Uday Abhiyan on Saturday. It was informed that so far, Gram Sansad has been held in 12,464 Gram panchayats in the State...
Smita Patil was gentle but stronger than anything you could ever encounter in a woman. Truly a gift we lost we never should have.
The CBI raided my house the day after the FIR was filed. They have not spoken to me since in the last three years. I cannot fight the perception battle.
She (Hillary) will go down easier than any of the people we just beat. You are going to have an unbelievably good result in November.