Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
- Punjab to treat absentee staff as ‘deemed resigned' 24 May 2017 | IANS
- Modi gets ‘amazing' gift made from waste by Bihar woman 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Modi’s Berlin visit: OBOR, terrorism on agenda 24 May 2017 | PNS
- After SC order, no one to represent Arunachal seat 24 May 2017 | PNS
- Sena stages stir, forces closure of toll plaza 24 May 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- One killed in fresh violence in Saharanpur 24 May 2017 | PTI
- ED arrests CA in Rs 8K-cr case; suspect linked to Lalu family 24 May 2017 | PTI
- Controversial godman Chandraswami passes away 24 May 2017 | PTI
- India moves from ‘brain drain’ to ‘brain gain’ 24 May 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- All is not well with TDP-BJP alliance in AP! 24 May 2017 | Omer Farooq
Sunday EditionView All
21 May 2017 | PTI | Jamshedpur
Protest against lynching of four persons intensified today and the police had to fire in the air to disperse a mob, while prohibitory orders under Section 144 were imposed in four areas here for tonight. Police fired in the air to disperse a mob that blocked roads in Mango area, demanding arrest of culprits involved in the lynching of four persons of a community at Rajnagar in Seraikela-Kharswan district on Thursday...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 May 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
Acting on information received on stacking of foreign exchange in violation of rules, possession of assets disproportionate to sources of income and unaccounted- for money and others, the vigilance sleuths of Enforcement Directorate reportedly swooped down on a well-known chain of shops- Kumar Store- located at Nashvila Road, GMS Road and Rajpur Road in Dehradun on Tuesday. The raids started from 1 pm and continued till evening...