- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Kerala Govt to use public participation in booze war 27 Jun 2016 | VR Jayaraj
- TN BJP members want ouster of Muralidhar Rao 27 Jun 2016 | PNS
- Bengal CPM to question ‘rebel’ MLA on joining Congress rally 27 Jun 2016 | PNS
- Siddaramaiah gets peck on cheek by a woman 27 Jun 2016 | Kestur Vasuki
- Arvind Subramanian calls for office of Chief Economic Adviser in each State 27 Jun 2016 | Faizan Ahmad
- Accused suffering from psychiatric disorder: J&K Govt 27 Jun 2016 | Mohit Kandhari
- Kolkata Police to call senior cop Mirza on Narada sting link 27 Jun 2016 | Saugar Sengupta
- LSS demands ‘freedom fighter' status for those jailed in Emergency 27 Jun 2016 | PNS
- Minority status to Jains was to divide Hindus: Rupani 27 Jun 2016 | PNS
- Attack on CRPF: Pak trying to destabilise India, says Rajnath 27 Jun 2016 | PTI
26 Jun 2016 | Ananya Borgohain and Shraddha Singh
When Delhi University announces its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses, predictably thousands of students will be rejected. Where do they go now when the frontiers they aspire for a successful future lead them to a dead end, ask ANANYA BORGOHAIN and SHRADDHA SINGH While Delhi University (DU) will release its first cut-off list for undergraduate courses on June 30, its St Stephen’s College had announced its own list last week...
27 Jun 2016 | Staff Reporter | Raipur
The Chhattisgarh Government will be utilising ‘Centralised Project Management Software System’ (CPMS) for automation of Project Monitoring, Controlling and Reporting task for key projects undertaken in the State. Notably, the Government is investing significantly in the State to build physical Infrastructure — Highways, Bridges, Water & Electrical distribution system etc...
How can a 48-member NSG be an elite group? It’s got members like New Zealand, Ireland...These people who have no nuclear programme of any kind.
I had a great time working with Jackie Chan. He is the most humble and grounded person I have ever met. He is a true legend.
I do not understand why the British Government needs until October to decide whether to send the divorce letter to Brussels