- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Must improve 'important' relationship with China: Trump
- Vote puts S Korea impeachment ball in Constitutional Court
- Toll from Hyderabad building collapse rises to 11
- Thane man allegedly joins ISIS: ATS
- Deeply pained by allegations against army: Parrikar to Mamata
- Two killed, 10 feared trapped in Hyderabad building collapse
- Vijay Mallya's twitter account hacked
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- SC asks Centre to find urgent solution 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- RaGa threatens to ‘reveal’ truth behind note ban 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- Sonia meets Speaker, Cong sticks to its guns 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- Parl remains paralysed, Ananth Kumar reminds Opp of President’s appeal 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- SC seeks Govt’s reply on appointment of CBI Director 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- No anthem exemption at Kerala film fest, rules SC 10 Dec 2016 | Abraham Thomas
- Katju wants to clear contempt case in apex court by year-end 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
- Too early to discuss BJP-ADMK ties: Venkaiah 10 Dec 2016 | KESTUR VASUKI
- J&K civilian’s assets attached for sheltering LeT terrorists 10 Dec 2016 | Khursheed Wani
- Surat: 4 held with Rs 1 cr in Rs 2K denomination 10 Dec 2016 | PNS
10 Dec 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
The Samajwadi Party's first family feud refuses to die down with Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav appointing his trusted leiutent Javed Abdi as adviser of the Irrigation department. The CM's uncle Shivpal Yadav was the Irrigation minister till he was dismissed from the cabinet in October...
Demonetisation is the biggest scam in the history of India. I will reveal it in Parliament.You'll see that an earthquake will happen.
Through the years, being a girl, a woman, growing up, you learn to let go, hide some things, express things.
The ‘Mr Perfectionist' title is not correct for me. And it puts no pressure on me. The title should be ‘Mr Passionate’. That is what I am.