- Chidambaram attacks BJP over deleting dialogues in 'Mersal'
- PM to visit poll-bound Gujarat tomorrow
- Srikanth stuns Axelsen; Saina, Prannoy lose in Denmark Open
- Meeting Dalai Lama major offence, China warns world leaders
- Missing Pak journalist recovered after two years
- Irani hits back at Rahul Gandhi for tweet on Jay Shah
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
15 Oct 2017 | IANS | Mumbai
Coming out in support of young victims of social media trolls, Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) President Sharad Pawar on Saturday exhorted them to speak out against the wrong policies of the Government and oppose growing incidents of intolerance and fascism across India. In an unique initiative, Pawar met around 35 youngsters who have been threatened on social media and/or booked by police for speaking out their minds against the Government and...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A three-day film festival based on renowned filmmaker Kundan Shah will be organised in city. The film festival is all about the movies by Kundan Shah...