Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
- Ramzan festivities reach peak on last Friday in Hyd 24 Jun 2017 | Omer Farooq
- BJP sweeps Karbi council elections 24 Jun 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Amnesty asks K’taka House to withdraw sentence to scribes 24 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Uddhav, arch rival Rane share stage 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Tension in Mau as man shot outside masjid 24 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Darjeeling crisis: Gurung threatens to intensify stir 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Why police left DSP alone to defend himself, ask kin 24 Jun 2017 | Mohit Kandhari
- Kopardi case: Now, Defence wants Maha CM to be witness 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Cong wants TRS to recall decision 24 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘Bihar ki beti’ fielded only to be defeated, says Nitish 24 Jun 2017 | Faizan Ahmad
Sunday EditionView All
18 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | New Delhi
A police team, along with sniffer dogs, scanned the whole area of Bonta Park in Civil Lines on Saturday morning to get some clue about a woman murdered by her husband on Friday. After 12 hours search operation, police were able to find the body identified as Komal...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Jun 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
A farmer committed suicide in Chhatarpur district, allegedly due to over burdened with debt. While the family of Raghuvir Yadav, (27) alleged that he took the extreme step due to his mounting debt, the police said a family dispute led him to end his life...