- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
- Nokia 3310 makes a comeback, co lines up 3, 5, 6 next quarter
- Two quakes hit Nepal
- Delhi HC stops Mukhtar Ansari from going on parole
- Slain Indian techie's body to reach Hyderabad
- Om Puri, Debbie Reynolds, Carrie Fisher honoured at Oscars
- "Moonlight" wins best picture Oscar, goof-up at announcement.
- 12-13 pc turnout till 10 AM in phase-V of UP polls
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- Show enthusiasm, study science: PM 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Panel: Proper desiltation only improves hydraulic performance of the river 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Jaishankar to raise Indians’ security during his US visit 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Bihar babus vow to protest against ‘witch-hunting’ 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- Khadi commission meet at Sabarmati Ashram for first time in over 61 yrs 27 Feb 2017 | PNS
- BSF constable shoots self at LoC 27 Feb 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- Grapevine 27 Feb 2017 | Pioneer
- Donkey, Kasab: Phase-V campaigning at new low 27 Feb 2017 | Virendra Nath Bhatt
- BJP intends to breach SP fort 27 Feb 2017 | Shalabh Saxena
- Modi, not BJP, attracts voters in Cong bastions 27 Feb 2017 | Biswajeet Banerjee
27 Feb 2017 | SRIKANTA K TRIPATHY | Bhubaneswar
The Block Grant teachers have threatened to take to streets once again in March and are planning to intensify their agitation by various means, including boycott of evaluation of answer scripts. The Block Grant teachers in the high schools had boycotted the PRI election over the Government’s apathy towards their demand for suitable salary...
She (Mayawati) can enter into an understanding with the BJP anytime. Actually she is helping the BJP. One must be careful.
Look at the vast range of roles portrayed by Julia Roberts, Meryl Streep or Halley Berry. Their works are my inspiration.
You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what happened in Sweden. They took in large numbers (immigrants).