- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
- Photo feature
- national interest
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- BJP gets Cong warhorse Tiwari’s ‘support’ 19 Jan 2017 | Deepak K Upreti
- Rs64 cr in cash, liquor worth Rs6.23 cr seized from five poll-bound States 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
- Army to procure over 1.6L ballistic helmets for jawans 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
- SYL Canal: SC warns Punjab against flouting its order 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
- SC stays eviction of over 50K dwellers from Haldwani 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
- Indore-Patna Express train derailment: NIA team sent to Bihar to investigate ISI link 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
- Maritime security biggest challenge in Indian Ocean Region: Experts 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
- British Foreign Secretary pitches for India-UK FTA 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
- Namami Gange: 20K youths to be groomed as ‘Swachchha Doot’ 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
- Cabinet approves repealing of another set of archaic laws 19 Jan 2017 | PNS
19 Jan 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
To benefit the pensioners, Madhya Pradesh Human Rights Commission (MPHRC) has on Tuesday asked the State Government to issue clear directives in favour of pensioners. Commission has recommended that Rs 15,000 should be provided to the pensioner’s wife during the hearing of a case in which the government has not provided the arrears and the increased pension of 17 years to the pensioner’s family...
The US has an extraordinarily complicated relationship, particularly when it comes to national security with Pakistan.
I don't have any interest in going to the US and working there. I am totally interested in working for Indian films.
Sunil Grover is pretty sober. He has overdone (prankster bit) so much that people might find his normal self different.