- State Editions
- A YEAR OF FEATS
- Cover Story
- 150th Anniversary Issue
- Middle India
- Literary Issue Special
- Cinema Issue Special
- Women's Special Issue
- Foreign Policy Special Issue
- for a cause
Netizens come out in support of suspended UP SDM Durga
The suspension of young IAS officer Durga Shakti Nagpal has not only hit the headlines across India but also has won ‘likes’ on social networking sites that has surprised many — including bureaucrats.
The suspension of IAS officer has taken a communal turn — said a post in Facebook and within no time people joined the discussion as how the SP Government using this issue to win Muslim votes in Gautambudh Nagar.
“It is no surprise that various social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other blogs are flooded posts in support to young officer,” said a senior bureaucrat. “Even there are posts with Durga Nagpal’s pictures saying if you support her like this. And there are over hundred likes,” he said.
The Facebook profile of 2009-batch IAS officer has recorded thousands hits. Her daring actions against sand mafia as Sub-Divisional Magistrate (SDM) of Gautambudh Nagar and alleged victmisation by the Government have invited the lots of comments on these sites.
Various pages read as We Support Durga Shakti Nagpal have been created on the networking sites with comments from across the board which not only included women and students but the senior bureaucrats as well. “This is rarely seen for an officer so junior,” commented a senior IAS officer.
A lot of hue and cry was raised by the bureaucracy and the Opposition parties over suspension of Durga who was known to have cracked down on mining mafia of Noida.
MORE Nation NEWS
- One more killed in fresh violence 23 Jul 2016 | Khursheed Wani
- Mumbai cops likely to submit report on Zakir Naik next week 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Water discharge from Nepal ruins Valmiki Nagar barrage gate 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Fadnavis defends Mins, says clean chit given to Khadse in 2 graft cases 23 Jul 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Maha to come out with white paper on revenue defaulters: Finance Min 23 Jul 2016 | TN Raghunatha
- Bombay HC reserves order on PILs over noise pollution 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- AP Police scraps 5-km run, reduces physical tests in recruitment process 23 Jul 2016 | PTI
- Parted over broken marriage, Dubai girls reunite with mother after 28 yrs 23 Jul 2016 | Omer Farooq
- No laws to arrest neighbours: Nitish 23 Jul 2016 | Faizan Ahmad
- Kejriwal meets Guj victims, slams police for ‘inaction’ 23 Jul 2016 | Nayan Dave
24 Jul 2016 | PNS | Lucknow
On the defensive for the last two days over profane remarks by sacked vice-president Dayashanker Singh against BSP chief Mayawati, the BJP upped its ante on Saturday by demonstrating across UP against foul language used by protesting BSP leaders against Singh’s wife and minor daughter. In Lucknow, BJP workers fought a pitched battle with the police when they were stopped by the men in uniform from taking out a protest march...
My dear youths, nepotism and the poison of casteism will not help in development. Support politics of vikasvad (development).
Peace TV was refused (broadcast rights) for security reasons. There are many Hindu and Christian channels in India, but no Islamic channel.
I had never ever desired or thought that I would get to sing the national anthem. I feel blessed and honored. I was very nervous.