Nirmala Sitharaman, Piyush Goyal become members of key Cabinet committees
Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Railway Minister Piyush Goyal have become members of key cabinet committees like Cabinet Committee on Security (CCS) and Cabinet Committee on Political Affairs (CCPA) reconstituted after the September 3 reshuffle when the two were promoted to the Cabinet ranks.
Sitharaman and Goyal, along with Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, have also been included as permanent members of the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA). The erstwhile Railway Minster Suresh Prabhu was not a part of CCPA. In December 2014, Health Minister JP Nadda was included in the CCPA though his predecessor Harsh Vardhan was not part of CCPA.
BJP allies Harsimrat Kaur Badal, Anant Geete, Ram Vilas Paswan and Ashok Gajapati Raju continue in CCPA.
Six Cabinet committees were reconstituted on September 11 and all except the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC) have seen changes after the September 3 Ministry reshuffle.
Housing and Urban Development Minister (Independent charge) Hardeep Puri, has been included as a special invitee to the Cabinet Committee on Accommodation.
Social Justice Minister TC Gehlot has for the first time been included in the Cabinet Committee on Parliamentary Affairs. The two new Ministers of State for Parliamentary Affairs, Vijay Goel and Arjun Ram Meghwal, have been included as special invitees to the panel, in place of their predecessors MA Naqvi and SS Ahluwalia.
Uma Bharti, who was divested of her Water Resources Ministry portfolio, is not a member of any of the Cabinet committees.
After her elevation as Defence Minister, Sitharaman has already become a member of the Cabinet committee on security headed by the Prime Minister. The other members are Home Minister Rajnath Singh, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley and External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj.
Vijay Goel, who has been made the Minister of State for Parliamentary Affairs, is part of the reconstituted Parliamentary Affairs Ministry.
- Green body imposes Rs 1L fine each on 4 rly stations for not complying with waste management rules 24 Oct 2017 | SR
- Man attacked for bursting firecrackers in Diwali; 2 arrested 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Relationship with India of strategic importance: US 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Will resolve all irritants in ties with B‚Äôdesh: Sushma 24 Oct 2017 | PTI
- HFI seeks better quality of hemophilia drugs 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Vegetable prices shoot up 24 Oct 2017 | Rajesh Kumar
- Kharif crops in good condition despite rain: Agri Secy 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- SC asks Guj to apprise it of action taken against cops 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Milk adulteration: Govt all set to launch survey 24 Oct 2017 | Archana Jyoti
- AIADMK symbol fight: Dinakaran faction gets adjournment till Oct 30 24 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Oct 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A girl of around 18 years who was allegedly sexually assaulted at a sugarcane field by one of her relatives committed suicide by hanging herself from ceiling fan at her residence on Monday. No suicide note was received from the house, said police...