No interference of RSS in UP CM selection: Naidu
Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday said the elected BJP Legislatures of Uttar Pradesh chose the Chief Minister and there was no interference from the RSS in the selection process.
Naidu who had flown to Lucknow as BJP’s observer maintained that after discussions with the elected MLAs of the BJP he conveyed their views to Party President Amit Shah.
In the backdrop of the Opposition criticism over party’s choice of Chief Minister, the senior BJP leader asked the Opposition to be “graceful in defeat,” accept the mandate of the people and give a “fair opportunity” to the new Chief Minister. Naidu said in the BJP, the legislators under the Parliamentary Party Board decide the leader and there was no question of interference from the RSS. The Minister said in the meeting in the State Capital, legislators proposed the name of Yogi Adityanath with MLA Suresh Khanna seconding it. There was a unanimity on the choice, he added.
Bahujan Samaj Party had alleged that an RSS man was made Chief Minister as BJP seeks to contest 2019 poll by “polarising the voters” and would sidestep the issue of development.
Naidu pointed out that the incumbent Chief Minister has already said that he would take along with him all sections of society and work for development of the State. Naidu recalled PM Narendra Modi’s statement that the country would develop if UP develops. He attributed criticism on the choice of the Chief Minister to the Opposition not being able to digest the huge victory of BJP and its allies winning 325 MLAs in the assembly.
- India can face China, Pak but threat is from within: Farooq 18 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Two arrested with Rs 1.13 cr in demonetised notes in Hyd 18 Aug 2017 | PTI
- With eye to 2019 polls, UP Govt to construct link roads to villages 18 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Omar fooling people on Art 35A: BJP 18 Aug 2017 | PTI
- Maneka seeks Sushma‚Äôs help to rescue Hyderabadi minor married to Omani sheikh 18 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Paswan-led LJP hails PM‚Äôs I-Day speech 18 Aug 2017 | PNS
- NHAI toll plazas to be FASTag-enabled, apps launched 18 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Reveal details of probe into bomb-making conspiracy: SC to CBI 18 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Caught in political crossfire, Purohit tells apex court 18 Aug 2017 | PNS
- Pay Rs 10L compensation to raped woman, SC orders Bihar 18 Aug 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
13 Aug 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
Union Minister of State for Minority Affairs (Independent Charge) Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi on said in Mumbai on Saturday that the Haj Policy-2018 — aimed at making the piligrimage process “transparent” and “smooth” — would be unveiled later this month. Speaking at the 22nd annual Haj orientation camp organised for Haj pilgrims at Haj House in Mumbai, Naqvi said that from the next year, the Haj would be organised as per to...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Aug 2017 | Staff Reporter | bhopal
A 35-year-old dalit woman's nose was allegedly slashed and her husband was beaten by two members of an upper caste family at Renvjha village in Sagar district of Madhya Pradesh. Narendra Singh (32) and his father Sahab Singh beat up the woman's husband on Monday when he refused to go to their house and do some work, inspector RS Bagri of Surkhi police station said...