No interference of RSS in UP CM selection: Naidu
Union Minister M Venkaiah Naidu on Monday said the elected BJP Legislatures of Uttar Pradesh chose the Chief Minister and there was no interference from the RSS in the selection process.
Naidu who had flown to Lucknow as BJP’s observer maintained that after discussions with the elected MLAs of the BJP he conveyed their views to Party President Amit Shah.
In the backdrop of the Opposition criticism over party’s choice of Chief Minister, the senior BJP leader asked the Opposition to be “graceful in defeat,” accept the mandate of the people and give a “fair opportunity” to the new Chief Minister. Naidu said in the BJP, the legislators under the Parliamentary Party Board decide the leader and there was no question of interference from the RSS. The Minister said in the meeting in the State Capital, legislators proposed the name of Yogi Adityanath with MLA Suresh Khanna seconding it. There was a unanimity on the choice, he added.
Bahujan Samaj Party had alleged that an RSS man was made Chief Minister as BJP seeks to contest 2019 poll by “polarising the voters” and would sidestep the issue of development.
Naidu pointed out that the incumbent Chief Minister has already said that he would take along with him all sections of society and work for development of the State. Naidu recalled PM Narendra Modi’s statement that the country would develop if UP develops. He attributed criticism on the choice of the Chief Minister to the Opposition not being able to digest the huge victory of BJP and its allies winning 325 MLAs in the assembly.
- Trump thanks India for Afghanistan development 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- MHA to Delhi cops: Act against Golf Club for N-E bias 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Congress slams Govt over US reference to ‘Indian-controlled J&K’ 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘India a land of opportunities’ 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
- ‘US global terrorist call on HM chief will choke his financing’ 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Presidential poll not a Dalit vs Dalit fight, says Meira 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Cong deliberately refuses to see US visit outcomes, retorts Venkaiah 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Opp targets PM on India-US joint statement 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Cruise Tourism to be a game changer: Min 28 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Youth jumps from 30-feet high metro station to avoid fine, survives 28 Jun 2017 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
28 Jun 2017 | PNS | CHANDIGARH
After introducing a policy on purchase of land voluntarily offered for development projects, Haryana Government on Tuesday launched a web portal to provide a database of such available land and land sale offers in the State. Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar launched “ebhoomiharyana...