- Jharkhand High Court extends RJD president Lalu Prasad's provisional bail till July 3
- Missing county has been blessing in disguise: Kohli
- ISJK chief among four militants killed in Kashmir, cop and civilian also dead
- ED moves special court to declare Vijay Mallya fugitive offender
- New Zealand prime minister gives birth to healthy baby girl
Padmavat not to release in Gujarat
Even after many cuts and change of title, the controversial Bollywood movie Padmavati now Padmavat will not release in Gujarat.
The movie directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali is releasing on the eve of Republic Day. On Saturday Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani announced about ban on the film in Gujarat on the sidelines of a function.
“The State Government had issued an order that the film wouldn’t be allow to release in Gujarat. Despite changes, the Gujarat Government would continue the same order and there is no scope of release of this film in the State,” said CM Rupani.
Already Rajasthan and Goa have banned on the film after the changes suggested by the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC). Originally the film was to release on December 1 last year but due to protest from various sections of society especially from Kshtriya community in parts of the country, the release delayed.
Karni Sena, an organisation of the community in Rajasthan took the lead to oppose the film saying that the film not only tarnish the historical fact but it is sheer contempt of Kshatriya community. Top Bollywood actors Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh and Shahid Kapoor among others have acted in this controversial film.
- Experts bust myths, say Leucoderma not contagious 23 Jun 2018 | Archana Jyoti
- Sumitra expresses displeasure over Parliament disruptions 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Indian envoy visits two US detention facilities where Indian kids held 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Cong calls for probe into dealings of bank 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Interpol red corner notice against Nirav likely soon 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- ED wants fugitive tag for liquor baron Mallya 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Screening panels: Mistry to steer Cong in MP, Selja in Raj 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Italy refuses to extradite middleman Carlo Gerosa 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Assam Rifles seizes party drugs worth Rs 49L in Manipur 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...