- In Modi, Trump has a leader he can truly work with: experts
- Monsoon session of Parliament from July 17 to Aug 11
- Over 140 people feared buried in China landslide
- Modi to be first world leader to have WH dinner with Trump
- DU announces first cut-off list
- Srikanth reaches 3rd successive Super Series final
- Modi embarks on three-nation tour
Powerful Kerala community outfit airs support for Modi
The Sree Narayana Dharma Paripalana (SNDP) Yogam, organisation of Kerala’s backward Hindu community Ezhavas who constitute 25 per cent of the State’s population, has aired support for BJP-led NDA’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi. The SNDP Yogam is the second community outfit in Kerala to air support for Modi in less than a week.
“The country is not going to be ruined if Modi comes to power as Prime Minister,” said Vellappally Natesan, general secretary of the SNDP Yogam. Vellappally’s statement is seen as an indication of Modi’s growing popularity in Kerala. The head of a powerful Christian Church had last week extolled the development initiatives and governance of Modi in Gujarat.
“Why should there be these efforts to create a fear about the BJP? It is a party that has ruled India and it has also been ruling more States in the country than the Congress. Then why are these people blaming the BJP? The country would not be ruined if Modi becomes Prime Minister,” said Vellappally in Kottayam on Sunday.
Stating that the BJP did not anymore have the agenda of intense Hinduism as it had in the past, Vellappally pointed out that both the Congress-led UDF and the CPI(M)-led LDF in Kerala were plundering the people. The Congress would suffer a huge setback in the Parliament election, the SNDP Yogam general secretary said.
“There is no point in blaming the BJP. If those who are in power do not perform well and do things as per the people’s expectations, they would look elsewhere. This is what had happened in the case of Arvind Kejriwal. Instead of trying to find fault with Modi and BJP, they should examine why such a situation has come about,” he said.
“The people have a feeling that the rule at the Centre by the UPA is a failure. Under the Congress, the Government and the party are going in different directions. The Government is trying to pit Hindus against Hindus,” he said. Vellappally was speaking in favour of Modi for the second time in less than four months.
During Modi’s visit to Kerala in September last, the SNDP general secretary had said that it was improper for Keralites to consider him as an untouchable. He had also praised
State Employment Affairs Minister Shibu Baby John for holding discussions with Modi in April last. Chief Minister Oommen Chandy had forced Shibu to apologise for this.
- ‘Lalu-Nitish chasm won’t affect ties’ 25 Jun 2017 | Faizan Ahmed
- Congress seeks rulling party MLAs’ resignation 25 Jun 2017 | Devyani Vyas/Vardha Pal
- EC rejects 21 AAP MLAs’ plea in office of profit case 25 Jun 2017 | PNS
- EC disqualifies MP Min, bars him from contesting elections for three years 25 Jun 2017 | PNS
- Five of 12 identified held, SP transferred 25 Jun 2017 | PTI
- Ramzan festivities reach peak on last Friday in Hyd 24 Jun 2017 | Omer Farooq
- BJP sweeps Karbi council elections 24 Jun 2017 | Anup Sharma
- Amnesty asks K’taka House to withdraw sentence to scribes 24 Jun 2017 | KESTUR VASUKI
- Uddhav, arch rival Rane share stage 24 Jun 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Tension in Mau as man shot outside masjid 24 Jun 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
25 Jun 2017 | Shipra Parashar/ Srishti Garg | New Delhi
With Delhi University declaring its first cut-off list on Friday, SGTB Khalsa college came out with the highest 99.66 per cent for BSc (Hons) Electronics...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Jun 2017 | PNS | Dehradun
A regimented protocol of ‘Fast Track Bypass surgeries’ in which a patient can get discharged in three days has been initiated by the Max hospital here. Addressing media persons Senior Consultant Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (CTVS), Dr Manish Meswani said that Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery (CABG) involves counselling of patient and fast tracking the conventional processes...