Purvanchal e-way to be cheapest highway of India
The proposed 348 km-long Purvanchal Expresway connecting Lucknow with Ghazipur could be the cheapest Greenfield highway of India as the cost estimated is Rs 39.17 crore per km.
CEO of UPEIDA Avnish Awasthi told The Pioneer that this cost is likely to come down further. “We have already scaled down the cost from the initial costing of Rs 42.88 crore per km, when the project was proposed. It was brought down to Rs 40.07 crore per km and after some adjustment and now it has further been reduced to Rs 39.17 crore,” he said.
Awasthi said that tenders ordered by the previous government have been cancelled by an order on June 7, 2017 and fresh costing of all proposed packages was done. "Different proposals of cost cuttings have been implemented to ensure that a good expressway could be constructed at a cheap rate," Awasthi said.
Initially, the 353 km-long expressway connecting Lucknow with Ballia was proposed by the previous Akhilesh Yadav Government on April 4, 2016. Later it was proposed that the expressway would culminate at Haideriya in Ghazipur as Government did not get environment clearance. Thus, the length of the road was reduced to 348 km.
Initially, the cost of the project was Rs 19437.73 crore of which Rs 12070 crore is for civil work and the RITES Limited had vetted the project. The cost was revised following directives from Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath to slash unnecessary cost after which it was brought down to Rs 13349.51 crore.
"Tender allocation will start after UPEIDA acquires 90 per cent of the land as prescribed in the law. So far, over 60 per cent of the private land has been procured. Camps were being set up to speed up land acquisition," the CEO UPEIDA said.
One of the new concepts introduced in this scheme will be that UPEIDA will acquire mines so that regular supply of construction material like gravel and sand could be maintained. Royalty of these mines will be directly deposited in the government's bank account.
- Solution to reverse Delhi's air pollution lies in Haryana, Punjab: Kejriwal 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- MP CM derides use of mummy-papa, dad instead of ‚Äėmata-pita' 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India sends 3k family bags to Rakhine state 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Visit Oxygen Chamber for a breath of fresh air 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- India can become role model in growth of children: UNICEF 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Multi-State mock drill on tsunami preparedness held 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- By-elections in four States on December 21 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Capital witnesses coldest Nov 24 morning in 11 yrs 25 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Hardik gets Y category security after threat 25 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Assam Min blames it on media, says sorry for Cancer controversy 25 Nov 2017 | Anup Sharma
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
25 Nov 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Gautam Nagar police have nabbed a miscreant on Friday on the charge of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl at Gautam Nagar on Friday. Police said that the accused Raj Sharma sexually assaulted the victim who was on her way home in the afternoon...