- Always wanted to join the Army: Gen Bipin Rawat
- Russian interference had no impact on US presidential polls: Trump
- PM Modi holds 'substantiative' talks with Iran Prez
- Arvinder Singh Lovely rejoins Congress
- CBI arrests 2 PNB officials, authorised signatory of Nirav Modi company
- Cheating case: Developer DS Kulkarni detained in Delhi
- Sex ratio at birth dips in 17 of 21 large states, Guj records 53 points fall
- I don't feel like competing with anyone: Kohli
- Poll candidates must disclose source of income: SC
- CBI approaches Interpol to locate Nirav Modi
- SC reduces TN's Cauvery water share
Resort politics back to topple EPS Govt
As heat is on the Tamil Nadu Government headed by Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami and supported by O Panneerselvam to prove its majority in the Legislative Assembly, 15 rebel MLAs of TTV Dinakaran have been lodged in Paddington resort in Suntikoppa in Kodagu district of Karnataka for the past five days.
Just after the expulsion of general secretary of the party VK Sasikala , who is in jail in Bengaluru, the resort politics has gained momentum where the 15 MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran have been holed up here waiting for Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami to prove his majority on the floor of the House. A close aide of TTV Dinakaran who was instrumental in bringing them to the resort here on the condition of anonymity said that the MLAs of TTV have been brought here to protect them from poaching by the Edappadi and associates as Karnataka is ruled by a Congress Government.
He said, “We have brought 15 MLAs of TTV Dinkaran’s supporters here to protect them of the threat of poaching by the other group which has no majority on their own. We also have a Congress Government here in Karnataka and we will get all protection from them.”
Meanwhile, a posse of the Tamil Nadu Police headed by Superintendent of the CID raided Paddington resort near Sunticoppa on Tuesday where 15 AIADMK MLAs belonging to the Dhinakaran faction were lodged for the past five days. It is said the raid was carried out to question MLA P Palaniappan in connection with a crime.
According to sources, a group of 20-22 police personnel led by Coimbatore CCB DySP Velumurugan came in three vehicles. They were in plain clothes but wore their uniform before entering the resort. After sometime, they went back as they did not find Palaniappan in the resort. Kodagu SP P Rajendra Prasad told the media that a DSP rank officer from Tamil Nadu CCB Cell had called him at 3.15 pm seeking permission to visit the resort to question an MLA in connection with a crime.
The raids come at a time when the Tamil Nadu Government headed by Edappadi K Palaniswami and supported by O Panneerselvam is struggling to prove its majority in the Legislative Assembly.
According to sources, the MLAs loyal to Dhinakaran who are cooling their heels in the cooler climes of Kodagu district with turmoil in the party, are expected to stay at the resort for few more days.
Sasikala is in the central jail at Parapana Agragara here since February this year after the Supreme Court convicted her and two others in a disproportionate assets case.
- Modi enlists measures taken by India to protect environment 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- PM to start ‚ÄėKisaano se Charcha‚Äô on Feb 20 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Students ask Modi about his preparations for 2019 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- On Sept 13, 2013 Rahul visited Nirav show, next day loan was okayed: BJP 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Modi Govt allowed bank loot right under its nose: Cong 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rahul dissolves CWC, forms 34-member Steering Committee 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Rlys to do away with paper reservation charts on coaches 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- India waiting for Maldives to end Emergency 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- SC: Poll candidates must disclose source of income 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
- Sikh radicalism in Canada to figure at Modi, Trudeau talks 17 Feb 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
18 Feb 2018 | IANS | Jaipur
At least nine persons were killed and 18 others injured when two LPG cylinders exploded at a wedding in Beawar in Rajasthan's Ajmer district, police said on Saturday. According to police, six persons were referred to a hospital in Ajmer while 12 were referred to the district hospital in Beawar...
STATE EDITIONSView All
18 Feb 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Madhya Pradesh Government has worked with dedication in education, health, food, agriculture, irrigation and tribal welfare, said Public Relations Minister Narottam Mishra while addressing public meeting during campaigning for Kolaras by-election. Minister Mishra addressed meetings at Khatorda, Barod, Hairpur, Emloda and Toria regions...