RTI activist held for instigating Assamese to take up arms
Assam’s prominent RTI activist and farmer’s leader Akhil Gogoi was arrested on Wednesday for his alleged role in blatant instigation to common people to take up arms.
According to police, Gogoi who leads farmer's body Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS), had while addressing a public rally on Tuesday instigated the people to take up arms.
The rally was organised by some organisations in protest against the issue of Citizenship amendment Act, 2016, non-implementation of Assam accord, not providing constitutional right and protection of indigenous people of Assam and many other issues.
Police said that both Gogoi and leader of the pro-talk faction of Ulfa leader Jiten Dutta had instigated the people to take up arms.
- Mehbooba directs police to check harassment by cow vigilantes in Valley 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Minor girl allegedly raped in Garo Hills 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- ‚ÄėFatah Ka Fatwa' stopped: Centre tells High Court 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Ragging case: 6 students expelled from IIIT-Nuzvid 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Woman fraudulently uses Mangeshkar's name to collect donations, booked 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Hyderabad boy rescued from Andhra; kidnapper held 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- 4 U‚Äôkhand villages to get science, technology push 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Merged AIADMK wants EC to restore Two Leaves symbol 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
- Modi releases postage stamp on Lord Ram 23 Sep 2017 | PTI
- Rs 2.6L interest subsidy for MIG on home loans 23 Sep 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
24 Sep 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA | Mumbai
In a clear indication of an irreconcilable rift between it and its senior alliance partner BJP, the Shiv Sena on Saturday staged simultaneous protests at 12 places across the metropolis against the hike in prices of fuel, essential commodities and domestic gas cylinders. Amid intense speculation that Sena president Uddhav Thackeray — during his Dussehra rally to be held next week — might announce withdrawal of his party’s support to the...
STATE EDITIONSView All
24 Sep 2017 | PNS | Ranchi
Chief Minister Raghubar Das on Saturday said that the foundation for new power plant at Patratu — a joint venture of Jharkhand Government and National Thermal Power Corruption (NTPC) will be laid soon. During a meeting with NTPC Chairman Gurdeep Singh here on Thursday CM said that the plant will not only fill the energy gap in State but will also be able to supply power to other States...