RTI activist held for instigating Assamese to take up arms
Assam’s prominent RTI activist and farmer’s leader Akhil Gogoi was arrested on Wednesday for his alleged role in blatant instigation to common people to take up arms.
According to police, Gogoi who leads farmer's body Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS), had while addressing a public rally on Tuesday instigated the people to take up arms.
The rally was organised by some organisations in protest against the issue of Citizenship amendment Act, 2016, non-implementation of Assam accord, not providing constitutional right and protection of indigenous people of Assam and many other issues.
Police said that both Gogoi and leader of the pro-talk faction of Ulfa leader Jiten Dutta had instigated the people to take up arms.
- International Geeta Mahotsav to start on November 25 21 Nov 2017 | PNS
- Aircraft built on terrace in Maha gets DGCA nod 21 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
- Plea in HC seeks removal of Kerala CM 21 Nov 2017 | PNS
- China objects to Kovind's visit to Arunachal Pradesh 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Rajnath dismisses reports of ISIS presence in Kashmir 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- China rejects Pak's allegation of RAW sabotaging CPEC 21 Nov 2017 | PTI
- Security drill begins for Ivanka‚Äôs visit to Hyd for global summit 21 Nov 2017 | Omer Farooq
- Singapore Airlines to operate flights to Amaravati 21 Nov 2017 | V Sudhakar Rao
- HM terrorist shot dead in Tral 21 Nov 2017 | Khursheed Wani
- 5.6 lakh children are malnourished in Maha, no money spent on nutrition 21 Nov 2017 | TN RAGHUNATHA
Sunday EditionView All
19 Nov 2017 | PNS | GANDHINAGAR
Addressing a gathering of people via video conferencing in Bharuch district of poll-bound Gujarat, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday asked them to unite against casteism, terrorism, black money, corruption and communalism. “It is a strange environment…We must hold each others hand and move ahead…...
STATE EDITIONSView All
21 Nov 2017 | Parvinder Bhatia | Jamshedpur
State’s first women university will come at Sidhgora in the eastern part of Jamshedpur, Chief Minister Raghubar Das said on Monday in Jamshedpur. “I am happy to announce that first Women’s University will come up at Sidhgora...