RTI activist held for instigating Assamese to take up arms
Assam’s prominent RTI activist and farmer’s leader Akhil Gogoi was arrested on Wednesday for his alleged role in blatant instigation to common people to take up arms.
According to police, Gogoi who leads farmer's body Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS), had while addressing a public rally on Tuesday instigated the people to take up arms.
The rally was organised by some organisations in protest against the issue of Citizenship amendment Act, 2016, non-implementation of Assam accord, not providing constitutional right and protection of indigenous people of Assam and many other issues.
Police said that both Gogoi and leader of the pro-talk faction of Ulfa leader Jiten Dutta had instigated the people to take up arms.
- AP Govt wants States to follow Gujarat model 19 Jan 2018 | V Sudhakar Rao
- RTG in AP earns NITI praise 19 Jan 2018 | V Sudhakar Rao
- NMC seals 87 shops in 4 city zones 19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter
- Pak body seeks highest honour for Bhagat Singh 19 Jan 2018 | PTI
- ASEAN countries to stage plays based on Ramayana 19 Jan 2018 | PNS
- Housing Min to announce final set of 10 smart cities today 19 Jan 2018 | PNS
- Karti appears before ED 19 Jan 2018 | PNS
- EC terms electoral bonds step in ‚Äėright direction‚Äô 19 Jan 2018 | PNS
- MEA denies reports of troop build-up by China in Doklam 19 Jan 2018 | PNS
- 4 Navy chiefs discuss ways to counter China 19 Jan 2018 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
14 Jan 2018 | AFP | Yangon
Myanmar’s civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi has welcomed an unprecedented army admission that security forces carried out extra-judicial killings of Rohingya Muslims as a “positive step”, state-backed media reported on Saturday. After months of staunch denials of abuse, the army on Wednesday said a probe found four members of the security forces helped kill 10 Rohingya militant suspects at Inn Din village on September 2, leaving their bodies in a...
STATE EDITIONSView All
19 Jan 2018 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
With the decision of the Supreme Court setting aside notification issued by the Madhya Pradesh Government banning the release of Hindi movie ‘Padmaavat’, the State Government is in dilemma.The Government does not know what to do in the new scenario...