Shah meets Raje over Rajasthan BJP chief
BJP president Amit Shah and Rajasthan Chief Minister Vasudhara Raje on Wednesday discussed the pending issue of the appointing a new State president as the party faces a tough electoral challenge from the Congress by the year-end when Assembly polls are due.
The working president Ashok Parnami along with other BJP leaders from Rajasthan was present during the meeting.
BJP’s poll campaign in Rajasthan seems to be hamstrung as it doesn't have a new state president in the absence of a consensus between Raje and Shah . She is understood to have opposed the nomination of Union Minister of State for Agriculture and Lok Sabha member from Jodhpur, Gajendra Singh Shekhawat, as replacement for Parnami, who was asked to step down following the party's defeat in the Ajmer and Alwar Lok Sabha byelections and Mandalgarh assembly bypoll.
BJP faces anti-incumbency in the state which is traditionally known for not repeating a government twice. The internal rift in the state unit is another cause for concern for the BJP’s central leadership.
Shah also met Andhra Pradesh party leaders, including State chief Kanna Lakshminarayana. It was decided that three Union Ministers, including Nitin Gadkari, Piyush Goyal and Prakash Javadekar, will visit the three main regions of the state to publicise the works done by the central Government for it.
- Experts bust myths, say Leucoderma not contagious 23 Jun 2018 | Archana Jyoti
- Sumitra expresses displeasure over Parliament disruptions 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Indian envoy visits two US detention facilities where Indian kids held 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Cong calls for probe into dealings of bank 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Interpol red corner notice against Nirav likely soon 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- ED wants fugitive tag for liquor baron Mallya 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Screening panels: Mistry to steer Cong in MP, Selja in Raj 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Italy refuses to extradite middleman Carlo Gerosa 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Inshort 23 Jun 2018 | PNS
- Assam Rifles seizes party drugs worth Rs 49L in Manipur 23 Jun 2018 | PTI
Sunday EditionView All
17 Jun 2018 | VR Jayaraj | Kochi
In a swift move intended at stemming the protests brewing in the State police force against certain top officials’ ‘feudalistic’ practice of persecuting policemen and camp followers by using them as house servants, the Kerala Government on Saturday removed ADGP Sudesh Kumar, whose daughter was the other day booked for assaulting and verbally abusing his official police driver, from the position of head of the Armed Police Battalion. The action against...
STATE EDITIONSView All
23 Jun 2018 | PNS | Kochi
MCD still waiting for HC order on encroachment Dehradun: Days after the High Court ordered the officials to remove encroachment from different areas of Dehradun like markets, streets and footpaths in four weeks, the officials concerned said on Friday that they were still waiting for the order to come. They, however, assured that they would execute the order once they get a copy and read it thoroughly...