- BJP caricature of Rahul Gandhi not working any more: Tharoor
- PM inaugurates ferry service between Ghogha and Dahej in Guj
- AP CM Naidu meets scientists and food experts in US
- Democratic chairman: Trump 'most dangerous' president ever
- Mukul Roy likely to be inducted in BJP in Nov: party leader
- Militant killed in encounter in J-K's Kupwara
Sharad Yadav free to take any decision, says Nitish
Bihar Chief Minister and JD (U) chief Nitish Kumar on Friday made it clear that his dissenting senior party colleague Sharad Yadav was free to take any decision as the alliance with the BJP had the entire party's nod.
Virtually shutting the door on any reconciliation with the rebel veteran leader who was welcomed by RJD in Bihar a day earlier, Nitish said the decision to join NDA was not his alone. This is Nitish's first direct response to Yadav's open rebellion against the alliance.
“He (Yadav) is free to take his decision. As far as the party is concerned, it has already taken its decision. The decision was not mine alone and it was taken with the consent of the party. If he keeps a different opinion, then he is free to do so,” Nitish said after meeting Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
This was the Bihar CM's first visit to the National Capital after he dumped his Mahagathbandhan partners, RJD and Congress, to tie-up with the BJP.
Yadav, who is the leader of the party in the Rajya Sabha, is on a tour to Bihar currently. He has said he was still with the Mahagathbandhan even as he also claimed that the real JD(U) is with him and the one with Niths was 'sarkari' JD(U).
- Govt should increase number of diplomats, says Tharoor 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- UPA didn‚Äôt allow me to rebuild Kedarnath as Gujarat CM: Modi 21 Oct 2017 | PTI
- Four global firms keen to build Indian subs 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Ayush Ministry, ICMR decide to conduct molecular-based research 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Indo-Russian joint military exercise starts in Vladivostok 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- 24% of infant deaths in India: UN report 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Tillerson‚Äôs pro-India remarks hailed 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Rajnath to pay homage to policemen killed in 1959 Chinese firing 21 Oct 2017 | Pioneer News Service
- Govt should supply pulses through ration shops: IPGA 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
- Congress takes swipe at PM over Kedarnath remarks, Jay Shah issue 21 Oct 2017 | PNS
Sunday EditionView All
STATE EDITIONSView All
22 Oct 2017 | Staff Reporter | Bhopal
Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan will reach Washington DC on October 22. He has been invited by Pt Deendayal Upadhyay Forum, where he will address as a key speaker in the programme organised by the forum...